Marvel Legends Days Of Future Past Sentinel & Wolverine Figure Review & Image Gallery

JayC

I’ll take as many wolverine variations as they can come up with. The head isn’t my favorite but I’ll take it. The sentinel is definitely not as cool looking as the baf sentinel but I can’t afford those and I’d like to have at least two. I have the old marvel universe one so I’m gonna grab this set to give me two sentinels and of course the days of future past wolverine. 

God that wolverine/Logan head sculpt is so awful. Like it is just the ugliest effing thing Hasbros made since Ultimate Wolverine. The worst part is they keep reusing it like its good or something. The sentinel is cool but can never compare to the BAF of old. Also this mold makes the sentinels literally look like a kids toy. Its not menacing its so brightly one shade and bulky im expecting it to have kung fu action grip. Always love sharts reviews tho! 

19 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Love the classic coloring scheme of the sentinel, really captures the look of the sentinels from 90s cartoon. Completely agree that the Wolverine head is garbage. That mold needs to be destroyed.

Yeah- I feel like, if they would just give it new shoulder armor, and new forearms, both with a smoother look (no exposed wires, etc.), it would be a GREAT representation of those Sentinels. 

2 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Yeah- I feel like, if they would just give it new shoulder armor, and new forearms, both with a smoother look (no exposed wires, etc.), it would be a GREAT representation of those Sentinels. 

Agreed, but Hasbro is known for cutting corners with their variations. They will use previous molds as much as possible before they create anything new. Pretty much explains why we’ve had so many new lines released so close to each other. Expanded universe thanks to versatile body molds that can be used for various characters.

Man after seeing Shart compare the new one with the SDCC one it was kind of disappointing. I was sort of excited for this set, but with all that missing paint and that ugly Wolverine head. I don’t know anymore. But I would like another Sentinel. Maybe the price will drop and I’ll get it. Just not what I expected. But hey whatcha gonna do? 

If Hasbro still has the molds of the TB Sentinel, just repaint it in it's classic colors & release it via EE or Amazon for $60-$70. The lack of good POA on the more toy looking one is not good at all. Especially not $100 good. Had they included a repainted TB Sentinel with that Wolvy for $100 then it would be worth it considering the original goes for over $200 on ebay at it's cheapest.

• 2 weeks later...