Chris Evans Officially Wraps As Captain America For Avengers 4

Bespin refugee

I get they can recast the role but he's really done good work in the role. I think Disney could really up the pay for him and he'd sign for a couple more movies. 

22 minutes ago, Hordak Rules said:

I get they can recast the role but he's really done good work in the role. I think Disney could really up the pay for him and he'd sign for a couple more movies. 

I hope so. He is an excellent Steve Rogers/Captain America; I can't think of anyone else who would be as good as him. Robert Downey Jr. Gets $20 million a movie now; I know that Chris Evans makes significantly less. As one of the most important Avengers, I really hope they consider offering him a big pay raise for more films. I know he has been interested in directing- maybe if they made a new deal that included him directing some films, he'd be more likely to sign on again as Cap.

I’ll admit that when Evans was 1st announced as Cap, I was not behind the decision due to his performance as the Human Torch. I didn’t think he could depict the nobility and virtue of Steve Rogers. I was so wrong.

Evans has been an excellent Captain America and he will be missed. If the sequel to Infinity War is his final act, I hope he goes out with honor.

4 minutes ago, Hogun said:

He was hilarious as the Human Torch.

Agreed, but Johnny Storm is no Steve Rogers. At the time, I was not convinced of his versatility as an actor. But after seeing his work in MCU and other roles, such Snow Piercer, I now know my opinion was wrong.

3 hours ago, cbatesLegends said:

Sucks to see any of the avengers leave. Was really hoping that Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, and Robert Downey Jr would remain after Avengers 4 and all this talk about them leaving was to keep people on their toes as to what happens in avengers 4

I think Hemsworth is ok with doing another Thor movie (he loved doing the last one), so hopefully we'll see him in at least one more movie. 

11 hours ago, GojiBill said:

I’ll admit that when Evans was 1st announced as Cap, I was not behind the decision due to his performance as the Human Torch. I didn’t think he could depict the nobility and virtue of Steve Rogers. I was so wrong.

Evans has been an excellent Captain America and he will be missed. If the sequel to Infinity War is his final act, I hope he goes out with honor.

Same here. I was not too convinced because of the FF movies, but man was I wrong. Really sad to see Chris Evams leave this role.

I say let Cap die and let Cap Marvel lead the new Avengers.  Some fresh blood will only add to the diversity.  If you want more Captain America buy a comic.  If the films keep going with the same characters the films will become boring and just more of the same.  Just look at the Star Trek franchise (Shatner ones).  Recasting Cap right away also wont work because Evans did such a good job it will be hard to top.  Marvel has a deep Avengers bench and I want to see some new characters.  Marvel should bring Evans and the old crew back when MCU gets to Secret Wars.

16 minutes ago, lango7 said:

I say let Cap die and let Cap Marvel lead the new Avengers.  Some fresh blood will only add to the diversity.  If you want more Captain America buy a comic.  If the films keep going with the same characters the films will become boring and just more of the same.  Just look at the Star Trek franchise (Shatner ones).  Recasting Cap right away also wont work because Evans did such a good job it will be hard to top.  Marvel has a deep Avengers bench and I want to see some new characters.  Marvel should bring Evans and the old crew back when MCU gets to Secret Wars.

I could live with them putting Cap on the back-burner, and bringing him back in to the fold in the future (Secret Wars would be amazing...), just don't kill him! Maybe Evans would be cool with taking a break for a little while, then coming back to the role.

1 hour ago, cbatesLegends said:

I want to see Hemsworth hanging out with the guardians of the galaxy 

Agreed. They just remade his entire look too. I think him retiring from the role just doesn't make any sense. 

No thanks to Captain Marvel leading the Avengers.  Her name should be "Ms Marvel" or heck change it to Warbird with the right looking costume to go with it. Captain Mar'vel was originally a male in the comics, really getting fed up with Marvel changing the race & gender of certain heroes just to appease a certain small portion of their fanbase. Wonder how everyone would feel if they had cast a white actor to play the role of the Black Panther or of Falcon?  Introduce US Agent into the MCU & make him the leader of the Avengers.