Marvel Legends - What We Know After #NYCC 2018

JayC

With so many new Marvel Legends figures constantly being thrown at us by Hasbro, I often like to recap everything we know about the line after a major news event like this weeks New York Comic Con. So here is a breakdown of everything we know or think we may know up until today.

First if you haven't already, be sure to check out my video recapping all the reveals made on Thursday's Hasbro Marvel Round Table.

So starting off with the 6" Marvel Legends Rider Series we are getting early next year (if not sooner) the new Deadpool with Scooter and the X-Men's Professor Xavier with 90's Hoover Chair.

Professor-X-with-Hover-Chair__scaled_600.jpg

Deadpool-With-Scooter__scaled_600.jpg

The Deadpool set will include Deadpool, Dogpool, Squirrelpool, red scooter, sticker sheet to help customize the scooter and an alternate Bob the hydra soldier headsculpt that can be used with a preexisting Hydra Soldier figure.

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends24__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends23__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends27__scaled_600.jpg

The Professor X set comes with Professor X, Hoover Chair with arm controls,removable blanket and stand. It also comes with a Cerebo helmet with telekinetic effect piece and alternate Shadow King headsculpt that will fit on the upcoming Spider-Man Kingpin Build-A-Figure.

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends19__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends21__scaled_600.jpg

Speaking of X-Men, we got several new reveals for the next X-Men wave. At San Diego Comic Con we learned that the next wave would include figures of Blink, Gambit and Reavers Skullbuster.

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends08__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends09__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends10__scaled_600.jpg

At the Canadian Fan Expo we saw a new Weapon X figure which Hasbro revealed this week was also part of this X-Men wave.

Marvel%20Legends%20Weapon%20X%20Figure__scaled_600.jpg

And then this week we saw a new X-Factor Forge, 90's Jim Lee Style Jubilee and Caliban Build-A-Figure revealed.

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends37__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends01__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends81__scaled_600.jpg

That leaves one more X-Men figure for this wave to be revealed. It is not likely the Mystique figure revealed at the Canadian Fan Expo as we are pretty sure that will be a Walgreens exclusive.

Marvel%20Legends%20Mystique%20Figure__scaled_600.jpg

The Guardian and Wendigo figures that were also revealed during the Canadian Fan Expo are likely going to be part of the next Deadpool wave, though that has not yet been confirmed by Hasbro.

Marvel%20Legends%20Guardian%20Figure__scaled_600.jpg

Marvel%20Legends%20Wendigo%20Figure__scaled_600.jpg

For the next Spider-Man wave, we had seen previously at SDCC the Modern Symbiote Spider-Man, Red Goblin, Black Cat, Silver Sable and Kingpin Build-A-Figure. Kingpin will have alternate head.

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends56__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends54__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends51__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends48__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends45__scaled_600.jpg

This week it was revealed the original New Warriors leader Night Thrasher would be joining the line-up. A skateboard that fits on his back will be included.

Marvel%20Legends%20Series%206-inch%20Night%20Thrasher%20Figure%20(Spider-Man,%20Wave%201)__scaled_600.jpg

That means there is likely one-two more figure for this Spider-Man wave to be revealed. Both the X-Men and Spider-Man waves should be out by early next year, if not sooner.

On the Avengers front, we don't have a whole lot of concrete details for the next wave. At San Diego Comic Con they revealed a new Hercules figures but did not confirm what wave or how it would be released.

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends02__scaled_600.jpg

This week they revealed a new Beta Ray Bill figure with Stormbreaker, but again did not tell us what wave this would be part of or how it would be released. We do know Bill will not be a Build-A-Figure.

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends58__scaled_600.jpg

We also saw this week that the remaining two members of Thanos' Black Order from Avengers: Infinity War will be getting the figure treatment. Ebony Maw & Corvus Glaive have been in high demand by many collectors, but Hasbro was once again mum on the details of how or where two would see release.

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends68__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends85__scaled_600.jpg

Finally we have Nighthawk and Living Laser that were revealed at the Unboxing Convention.

HasbroPR-Marvel-Legends-Living-Laser-01__scaled_600.jpg

HasbroPR-Marvel-Legends-Nighthawk-01__scaled_600.jpg

It's possible all six figures will be part of the next Avengers wave, but right now we can't say for sure.

Surprisingly nothing this week was revealed for the Captain Marvel MCU wave that was partially revealed via Amazon a could weeks ago. So at this time all we know is that we will be getting Captain Marvel, Skrull, Young Nick Fury and Mar-Vell. The Build-A-Figure will be the Kree Sentry revealed at the Unboxing Convention. Two, possibly three more figures should be on tap for this wave, one of which is likely the comic book based Genis-Vell revealed at SDCC.

Captain-Marvel-01__scaled_600.jpg

Captain-Marvel-02__scaled_600.jpg

Captain-Marvel-03__scaled_600.jpg

Captain-Marvel-04__scaled_600.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-2018-SDCC%20158__scaled_600.jpg

HasbroPR-Marvel-Legends-Kree-Sentry-01__scaled_600.jpg

For Marvel Legends store exclusives we got a good look at the packaging for the upcoming Gamestop PS4 Spider-Man which will be out by the end of the year.

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends93__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends94__scaled_600.jpg

Hasbro this week revealed a Marvel Legends Hail-Hydra Figure 2-Pack which is a shared exclusive between Gamestop and online etailers. This set features Supreme Leader Captain America and Arnim Zola. You can pre-order it now at places like Megalopolis.Toys and it will be released in March 2019.

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends72__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends74__scaled_600.jpg

For a second 2-Pack, look for a new one based on the classic comic storyline called "Kraven's Last Hunt". This set will feature an unmasked Black Costume Spider-Man and Kraven figure with new headsculpt. No details on how or when this one will be released, but my money is on it being a Target exclusive.

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends62__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends66__scaled_600.jpg

This year's Marvel Comics Unlimited Subscription service figure has been revealed and it's Punisher Venom. Using Hasbro's recent Venom mold this version has a Punisher like symbol on it's chest and comes with two weapons.

Punisher-Venom__scaled_600.jpg

Hasbro's second wave of 6" Marvel Legends Toy Biz Tribute figures which includes Ant-Man, Wasp (blue outfit), Black Panther, Scarlet Spider with unmasked head, Sleeveless Hawkeye and Vision with a new cape and random Ultron head should be hitting shelves any day now.

MARVEL%20VINTAGE%20ASSORTMENT%20WAVE%202%20-%20Ant-Man%20in%20pck__scaled_600.jpg

MARVEL%20VINTAGE%20ASSORTMENT%20WAVE%202%20-%20Wasp%20in%20pck__scaled_600.jpg

MARVEL%20VINTAGE%20WAVE%202%20Figure%20(Black%20Panther)%20-%20in%20pkg__scaled_600.jpg

MARVEL%20VINTAGE%20WAVE%202%20Figure%20(Hawkeye)%20-%20in%20pkg__scaled_600.jpg

MARVEL%20VINTAGE%20WAVE%202%20Figure%20(Scarlet%20Spider)%20-%20in%20pkg__scaled_600.jpg

MARVEL%20VINTAGE%20WAVE%202%20Figure%20(Scarlet%20Spider)%20-%20oop__scaled_600.jpg

MARVEL%20VINTAGE%20WAVE%202%20Figure%20(Vision)%20-%20in%20pkg__scaled_600.jpg

as will their second Black Panther movie wave which includes Black Panther with new unmasked head, T'Chaka, Erik Killmonger in fatigues with removable Wakandian ceremonial mask, Ulysses Klaue with alternate gun arm, Vibranium Powered Black Panther and Ayo with two alternate heads so you can army build the Wakanda’s Dora Milaje. The Build-A-Figure will be M'Baku (Man-Ape).

MARVEL%20BLACK%20PANTHER%20LEGENDS%20SERIES%206-INCH%20Figure%20Assortment%20-%20Black%20Panther__scaled_600.jpg

MARVEL%20BLACK%20PANTHER%20LEGENDS%20SERIES%206-INCH%20Figure%20Assortment%20-%20TChaka__scaled_600.jpg

MARVEL%20BLACK%20PANTHER%20LEGENDS%20SERIES%206-INCH%20Figure%20Assortment%20-%20Erik%20Killmonger__scaled_600.jpg

IMG_1183__scaled_600.jpg

MARVEL%20BLACK%20PANTHER%20LEGENDS%20SERIES%206-INCH%20Figure%20Assortment%20-%20Ulysses%20Klaue__scaled_600.jpg

MARVEL%20BLACK%20PANTHER%20LEGENDS%20SERIES%206-INCH%20Figure%20Assortment%20-%20Black%20Panther%20Vibranium__scaled_600.jpg

MARVEL%20BLACK%20PANTHER%20LEGENDS%20SERIES%206-INCH%20Figure%20Assortment%20-%20Ayo%20(Dora%20Milaje)__scaled_600.jpg

IMG_1493__scaled_600.jpg

MARVEL%20BLACK%20PANTHER%20LEGENDS%20SERIES%206-INCH%20Figure%20Assortment%20-%20M'Baku%20(Build-A-Figure)__scaled_600.jpg

We still don't know how the Black Panther MCU Shuri figure teased at SDCC will be released.

Hasbro-Marvel-2018-SDCC%2024__scaled_600.jpg

There also a few remaining teases Hasbro showed at SDCC we don't have any more details about such as the Magneto helmet or the headsulpt that looks like Quicksilver.

IMG_2230__scaled_600.jpg

IMG_2232__scaled_600.jpg

One other thing I should note. Hasbro during their roundtable made indications that the Thing figure was rounding out their series Fantastic Four Walgreens exclusive while X-Men would be taking over with Magik which is hitting shelves now. This by no means we won't be seeing the likes of Dr. Doom or or Super Skrull at some point, but if we do they might be done as a general release. Hasbro also indicated that they know they are overdue for a newly sculpted comic book based Hulk figure and Bag-Head Spider-Man is on their list of ones they want to do.

Excellent recap, appreciate all the collected information being pull together in one area. Hasbro has been pumping out Legends like crazy and not just a bunch of Spider-Man/Wolverine variants. We’re actually getting obscure characters highly prized by collectors: Sauron, Wendigo, Shadow King, etc. This a golden era for collecting. Thanks again for sharing the info and pics. Great work!

8 minutes ago, tarot said:

I just got the vintage wave 2 last thursday (alongside Magik and Archangel). 

also the confirmed that Herc will be part of the first wave of Avengers legends but nothing least.

Lastly you forgot the Unboxing reveals Nighthawk and Living Lazer.

Nice find. Hercules is likely in the Avengers wave but Hasbro did not confirm it to me or at Comic-Con, so you will need to be a little more precise on where you saw that confirmed?

1 minute ago, JayC said:

Nice find. Hercules is likely in the Avengers wave but Hasbro did confirm it to me or at Comic-Con, so you will need to be a little more precise on where you saw that confirmed?

at SDCC, after they revealed him they said he would be part of the first Avengers wave. but nothing else is confirmed. BRB, Nightahawk and LL are strong possibilities but not confirmed yet.

5 minutes ago, tarot said:

at SDCC, after they revealed him they said he would be part of the first Avengers wave. but nothing else is confirmed. BRB, Nightahawk and LL are strong possibilities but not confirmed yet.

Im gonna leave Hercules in the maybe category cause at San Diego when I asked them about it they made no such confirmation. Hercules was listed simply as a 2019 preview. Like I said, probably is gonna be in the Avengers, might even be a BAF, but gonna wait till I hear more from Hasbro to say 100%

Never really bothered with the Black Panther movie figures but I would definitely get Klaw.

I really want to know when that Hercules is coming out. Such a vast improvement from the original Hasbro one.

So much in the works, and so much of it is awesome! I'm guessing the next Avengers wave will be "Avengers 4" focused, which is why we know so little about it. My guess is we'll see Herc, and maybe one or both of the Black Order members, Living Laser and/or Nighthawk, and the other spots filled with a few main characters from Avengers 4. 

Was anything mentioned about Jubilee having interchangeable heads and/or removable glasses?

Is the Ultron head included with Vision designed to fit on an existing Ultron figure? Will it fit on the MCU Ultron?

Thank you for doing this recap. It’s very helpful to keep up. 

Very excited for all the releases. Vintage wave is great, loving the BP Wave, and all the New X-Men stuff is great!!!

The more and more I see that Supreme Leader figure It’s starting to grow on me. That Caliban is excellent! All of it is great!!!

I can’t wait!!!!!

14 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Is the Ultron head included with Vision designed to fit on an existing Ultron figure? Will it fit on the MCU Ultron?

Ive not seen any info on the head fitting on any Ultron figure...yet.

Allow me to vent here.

I really wanted a classic Vision...and sadly this isn't it. I was hoping these pics are not the finished product but I think now that's a pipe dream. What's wrong with the figure? I would've preferred they went with the latest version's body mold, but this is fine. What's really disappointing, is that Vision's cape has a cord around the collar, and that's never been done in action figure format. Bowen busts, and even the latest bobble head, show the cord. And yes technically in his FIRST appearance in 1968, the cape is all one-piece ending just above the diamond chest emblem. However, in the very next issue, the cord/rope is there and its been his classic look ever since. Hasbro was able to produce Gladiator's cape with the cord (of course Vision doesn't have those large disc clasps on either side) so we know they COULD do his cloak correctly. 2nd, his briefs are not shorts....just looking at Cyclops or Wolverine etc we know they can paint those correctly and for some reason, they didn't. 3rd, they then really jacked up his belt. All they did was just line-draw over his ab section. Vision's belt is large, distinctive, and all they had to do was what they did with Yondu's  belt ( marvel universe) or even what theyre going to do with Night Thrasher. 4th, His boots/gloves, are merely painted on like the belt, and like the belt they look cheap and silly. Especially when we know the ability to do it right is there! His boots end in points at the knee...Hasbro has done way more complicated boots (Omega Red, Angela) so this shouldn't be so hard. Mattel does pointed boots on all their Batman figures so....

Ok, rant over. I may or may not buy this figure, just wish it was shown the same kind of attention to detail we saw for Mysterio or Rogue. Carry on, party people, and thanks!

776d61323e1b8db6fc5d17f983d755f7.jpg

10 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Ive not seen any info on the head fitting on any Ultron figure...yet.

Allow me to vent here.

I really wanted a classic Vision...and sadly this isn't it. I was hoping these pics are not the finished product but I think now that's a pipe dream. What's wrong with the figure? I would've preferred they went with the latest version's body mold, but this is fine. What's really disappointing, is that Vision's cape has a cord around the collar, and that's never been done in action figure format. Bowen busts, and even the latest bobble head, show the cord. And yes technically in his FIRST appearance in 1968, the cape is all one-piece ending just above the diamond chest emblem. However, in the very next issue, the cord/rope is there and its been his classic look ever since. Hasbro was able to produce Gladiator's cape with the cord (of course Vision doesn't have those large disc clasps on either side) so we know they COULD do his cloak correctly. 2nd, his briefs are not shorts....just looking at Cyclops or Wolverine etc we know they can paint those correctly and for some reason, they didn't. 3rd, they then really jacked up his belt. All they did was just line-draw over his ab section. Vision's belt is large, distinctive, and all they had to do was what they did with Yondu's  belt ( marvel universe) or even what theyre going to do with Night Thrasher. 4th, His boots/gloves, are merely painted on like the belt, and like the belt they look cheap and silly. Especially when we know the ability to do it right is there! His boots end in points at the knee...Hasbro has done way more complicated boots (Omega Red, Angela) so this shouldn't be so hard. Mattel does pointed boots on all their Batman figures so....

Ok, rant over. I may or may not buy this figure, just wish it was shown the same kind of attention to detail we saw for Mysterio or Rogue. Carry on, party people, and thanks!

776d61323e1b8db6fc5d17f983d755f7.jpg

dude that is probably the weirdest nitpick I ever read. but while I do understand where you are coming from, Classic vision has been drawn like this figure more often the with the cord.

11 hours ago, Reggie-Kat said:

Didn’t I read somewhere we were going to get some more reveals after the initial reveals?  I have been checking like crazy the past 2 days!

I was hoping to see more stuff. Jubilee was cool but wanted to maybe see Storm or that sneak peek Magneto or Quicksilver...

2 hours ago, Tpo said:

Everything looks amazing but I’m a little pissed I’m gonna have to get 2 kingpins which is a baf so that sucks big time.But I like to have both 

I am on the same boat as you. I am just hoping that maybe we can get a repack of the full Kingpin BAF like we did we Ares and Thanos.