Scarlett Johansson Pulls In The Big Bucks For Black Widow Solo Movie

JayC

THR is reporting that Scarlett Johansson will be bringing home a nice chunk of change for her work in the upcoming Black Widow solo movie in the works from Marvel Studios. The report indicates she will be getting a $15 million payday for the film which equals the same amount of money both Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth earned for playing Captain America and Thor in Infinity War as well as the amounts they got from their most recent solo films Captain America: Civil War and Thor: Ragnarok.

Johansson has already appeared as Black Widow in 6 Marvel movies with the 7th being the upcoming 4th Avengers movie. Many have felt that Johansson who really helped pioneer the modern female super hero character was way past due in getting her own solo film which is now in the works, but yet to get a firm release date.

One other note, the THR article makes indication that Brie Larson was paid $5 million for next year's Captain Marvel which involved her committing to a seven-picture multi-franchise deal.

Brie Larson has come out to say via Twitter this is not true. She however did not go on to clarify exactly was not true.

AVJ_01__scaled_600.jpg

Ok. That is nice, but do you remember how much money Evans and Hemsworth got paid for their first Avengers movie? 

Way less than her. As any less famous actor should. Now, they are as much known as her.

Gal Gadot got paid much more than Cavill in their respective first movies. 

This thing of gender pay gap is a myth. People should get paid according to how much they bring back. A female athlete shouldn't get paid equally to a male one of the same sport if she sells less apparel and tickets. That is free market economics.  Wages cannot be regulated by law or any other government rule. 

If they want to pay her the same, good for everyone, but cannot be something enforced. 

On 10/11/2018 at 8:38 PM, GojiBill said:

Congrats to Scarlet, it’s about time she got her own film. Pity it’s happening after Red Sparrow, which is comparable to Black Widow origin story outside MCU.

Unfortunately I haven't seen that movie yet, but you know Marvel and they will put a great effort to make it a unique thing.  There is also Atomic Blond to consider in the mix, but still. it will be great. 

Gawd... Talk about getting paid for a movie that, at least this guy, has no stake in, or cares at all about. I just cannot stand her as a performer, and have only really just barely tolerated her in all of the former MCU films.

I think she's been great as BW & will be keeping an eye on this & what the plot will be. I believe it takes place in the 90s or even earlier. Her origin is very intriguing to me & I look forward to seeing it on the big screen. As for Cap Marvel, not so much. A BW action figure wave could include comic based figs of the Winter guard members such as Ursa Major for the BAF, Vanguard, & Crimson Dynamo 80s version. Those characters have never been done in any scale except for CD & are long over due. Just upsize the MU CD fig to 6.5 inch  scale & we are good!

CD MU figure.jpg

On 9/26/2018 at 9:05 PM, Fignuts1982 said:

I think this is such a great opportunity!  I love Marvel Legends but there have been so many waves released this year and it’s not only difficult to track them all down but it’s a very expensive hobby!  I’ve started seeing images of the Walgreens exclusive Thing and Magik figures hitting the shelves so I’m thinking I may have to start toy-hunting!  Anyone have a favorite exclusive?

I picked up magik at walgreens and she is awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

They should have done a solo Black Widow movie years ago. Glad to see they finally wised up, and glad to hear she's getting the compensation she should. Personally I think this would work better as a "R" rated, virtually straight-up spy flick, but thus far Marvel has shown they can do outstanding work, so I'll sit happily and await the results. Myagkaya drevesnaya struzhka!

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

They should have done a solo Black Widow movie years ago. Glad to see they finally wised up, and glad to hear she's getting the compensation she should. Personally I think this would work better as a "R" rated, virtually straight-up spy flick, but thus far Marvel has shown they can do outstanding work, so I'll sit happily and await the results. Myagkaya drevesnaya struzhka!

That I really like that idea. I feel like they could do some bad-ass things with an R-rating. I’m stoked for this myself. Black widow has always been one of my favorite Avengers. And her fight scenes have been among some of my favorites in all the MCU movies.