Netflix Cancels Iron Fist

JayC

Netflix and Disney today announced that they would be canceling the Iron Fist series after only two seasons. There have been some strong indications that a third season could end up showing up someplace else other than Netflix with the most likely candidate being Dinsey's own streaming service which is slated to premiere sometime in 2019.

iron_fist_ver7__scaled_600.jpg

But I thought that was the opposite and the Netflix shows would be a separate thing and be kept under the streaming service. I wonder what has changed since the last announcements and what will this mean for the rest of us that really like the shows and don't live in the US.

This last season was way better so it couldn't be due to ratings or criticism. I really hope that they give us an official statement about the reason behind this. 

I cant say Im not surprised and I cant say I will miss it. Easily the weakest marvel show of the netflix brand. Sure this last season was better but I think it was too little too late. This possibly means no more defenders either. 

36 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Good! Keep pushing that BS SJW agenda Disney/Marvel. That's also why a lot of their titles are getting cancelled almost on a monthly basis. 

This has literally nothing to do with any sort of SJW agenda and everything to do with the fact that Iron Fist was absolutely terrible and a bunch of people probably didn't come back to watch Season 1 after how bad the first one was.

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Ok, if you say so. It was a combo of it being a terrible series & pushing the "I am woman, hear me roar" SJW agenda by making Colleen the IF. 

No, it was because it was terrible. Plenty of shows starring white men get cancelled because they're terrible and people don't watch them. It ain't rocket science. 

The cancellation is symptomatic of what happens when the main villain is nothing but a cheap clone of the hero. Same with Jessica Jones season 2. I'm not sure what the hell everyone else was watching when it got all the rave reviews, but it was not good. This is the one area where DC has Marvel beat. The characters in the Arrowverse are dynamic and over the top and their look and abilities are just like they are in the comics. Disney is trying to put too much realism in their TV franchises.

Really? Well I can't say I didnt see that coming. 
I havent seen season 2, but out of all the shows, IF season 1 was probably one of my least favorites. I really liked DD seasons 1 & 2, JJ season 1 and Punisher season 1, but aside from those 4 the rest IMO have been quite boring, I was really looking forward to Defenders in particular and even though it had its moment it wasn't that great. I havent really enjoyed either Iron Fist or Luke Cage, hopefully instead of just killing off these properties they just cancel both shows and make a Heroes for Hire with both of the characters together, also Marvel has to put a little more effort on these Netflix shows. 

I personally think we're going to get a Daughters of the Dragon series out of this, so there's a chance Danny's story will get finished up with that. He'll probably make another appearance in Luke Cage too.

I've heard almost nothing good about this show, so this really doesn’t surprise me, at all... What does surprise me, is how some of my friends, who are the ones who’ve been the most vocal over how bad it is, seem surprised that it was cancelled. Perplexing!

1 hour ago, Boy_Blunder said:

Oh, your poor white male existence is so threatened here. So sad. I feel your pain. 

1st off, I'm a latino male . So much for assuming. And why get butthurt and have to throw a personal attack? I just don't play the PC SJW game that is ruining Marvel comics & played a role in getting this series cancelled. The series sucked regardless but the BS with making Collen IF at the end was the nail in the coffin for me.  the SJW agenda has ruined the Star wars franchise as well. JJ was great in season 1, once they went with  the anti-JJ in season 2, not so much.

And as Monron999 stated, these are superhero based shows based on comic book characters that many of us grew up reading about as kids, stop with all the realism. DD is my favorite Netflix marvel show due to the fact that he's the only one actually in a costume! Punisher is #2 for me. Soon as I see that a "superhero" based show is full of characters in regular clothing, I lose interest.

The DC shows are way better due to the fact that they do put all almost all their characters in superhero costumes & don't take themselves seriously.

Ironfist in the comics could only channel the power of the IF thru his right fist, since when has it changed to where he could channel it thru both? I stopped reading Marvel after the WW Hulk story arc. 

27 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

1st off, I'm a latino male . So much for assuming. And why get butthurt and have to throw a personal attack? I just don't play the PC SJW game that is ruining Marvel comics & played a role in getting this series cancelled. 

The reason people are making fun of you is because you keep insisting it was the SJW agenda that played a part in the show getting cancelled when there is literally nothing to support that. Look at this very thread. It's full of people saying the show was terrible and that it being cancelled isn't shocking. You're the only one claiming it was because of political correctness.

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

Make fun all you want, it's my opinion & I'm entitled to it. It was an awful show but imo, them giving the power of the IF to Colleen was a SJW driven move by Disney.  I'm also not the one that came out with a personal insult at anyone. I just stated my opinion.

I agree with you that the SJW agenda is ruining the Star Wars franchise and it did leave the comic industry as a whole on its last leg, only now which its recovering from cuz they decided to change everything back. As far as Iron Fist, it was just a bad show. I knew it was doomed when they delayed the 1st season because they had trouble making the Iron Fist look realistic. I don't know whose calling the shots at Marvel's TV division but I don't tune in to superhero shows for a good dose of realism. I'll watch Cops or 911 for that stuff. Make it cool, make it exciting, but most of all, make it good. I have a feeling Luke Cage will follow suit. A team up show is the best bet at this point.