Netflix Cancels Iron Fist

JayC

It shoulda been a "Hero's for hire" IF/Cage series from the get go imo. I was not a fan of the actor they picked to play IF because they couldn't even take 6 months before the series even started filming to buff this guy up to at least  a semi Bruce Lee level of MA fitness. This guy is supposed to be the greatest practitioner of the MA only 2nd to Shang Chi & he is built like this? Guy has zero muscle tone, no shredded abs, nada, zilch, zero! It made it so hard for me to take him seriously as IF.  The MA scenes were awful in season 1 & only slightly improved in season 2. DD has way better MA fight scenes, why is that? 

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

It shoulda been a "Hero's for hire" IF/Cage series from the get go imo. I was not a fan of the actor they picked to play IF because they couldn't even take 6 months before the series even started filming to buff this guy up to at least  a semi Bruce Lee level of MA fitness. This guy is supposed to be the greatest practitioner of the MA only 2nd to Shang Chi & he is built like this? Guy has zero muscle tone, no shredded abs, nada, zilch, zero! It made it so hard for me to take him seriously as IF.  The MA scenes were awful in season 1 & only slightly improved in season 2. DD has way better MA fight scenes, why is that? 

I dunno, I liked Finn as IF. True he coulda/shoulda been in better shape and the fight choreography was terrible, but he had the basic look down and was believable as Danny Rand. Colleen was cast perfectly and even though they mighta possibly been pushing a "Girl Power" narrative a bit, she's a badass in the comics so it fit. She was by far the best part of the show, so a Daughters of the Dragon spinoff would be a smart move. Just give them some real damn super villains to fight. I don't need to see two women running around the city in real life scenarios solving crimes like your standard network television cop drama. They've got extraordinary abilities so give them some criminals with extraordinary abilities to fight with. I envision a pair of kickass women tracking down and locking up super criminals like the first couple of seasons of The Flash where we got to see a new criminal with new abilities in almost every new episode.

Season 2 was very good. I actually really liked Ward's story after hating him in the first season. If you haven't watched it you should give it a chance. I feel there's more to this. The show didn't warrant cancellation. If they are moving it to Disney's streaming then this is a punk move on Disney's part. Perhaps they're just going to start combining the characters into mini seasons of Defenders, Iron Fist for 4 episodes, Cage for 4 episodes, etc. Or Maybe this marks the transition to Heroes for Hire. That's what I'm hoping anyway...

The fact that Netflix is not going to continue to produce Iron Fist should not be equated to a typical cancellation.  All of the Netflix shows are likely going to be similarly cancelled after their current seasons are completed in light of the Disney streaming platform launching in 2019.

I signed it. Look, the show is part of the universe and I'd like to see the current story arc come to conclusion. It's not the best Netflix series but it's not a train wreck. If you support the genre and give them more chances the better chance they have at getting it right. At the end of the day the show was entertaining and I like being entertained. Haters can hate, but no one is forcing you to subscribe (to Netflix) or watch the show.

1 hour ago, americamgl said:

Apparently there are some people who really like the show and petitioned Netflix to bring back the show. I hope this doesn't go through.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr.com/iron-fist-fan-petition-netflix-cancelation/amp/

I'll sign it, I hope it goes through, I really enjoyed the second season and do wish that we get some conclusion to his individual arcs before they mash him into a combo series. I'm not even asking a full season, make it a Netflix tie-in movie. 

I'm sad to see it go, but I signed the petition.  I don't think it was ever the strongest series, but with the character's history it has a lot more room for growth and good stories than Jessica Jones or even Punisher, probably Luke Cage too.  I haven't finished the second season yet, but I've enjoyed it so far.  If what it sounds like is true I definitely want some closure to Danny's character arc if that doesn't happen by the end of season two.