Marvel News Tip Hotline

JayC

I am creating this section for people who would like to help out with news. If you see something Marvel newsworthy you think other readers might be interested in for us to report, post it here. It can be anything from action figures, movie, TV, comics or video games. We do ask that you try to include the original source for the news with a link when you post about it. If you don't know the original source then please indicate that as well. If we use the news on the main site we will be sure to credit you for the heads up, assuming it's not something we've already reporter.

Posts in this thread will also count towards the forum contest for $100 store credit.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

oh this a good idea. Though I worry that some will post news or rumour that they have no backup for. I also think that this thread should be used for images of figure IF you have gotten them earlier then others.

If someone has images they can certainly post images here, that would certainly be news. Also we ask to try and provide a link to your source. If someone posted a completely bogus rumor then it will be ignored.

38 minutes ago, fleskz said:

I saw a single ML storm in chicago target 6 months before they were released??? How does that happen? No other figures from that wave.

IDK, but I do ask you keep posts here related to reporting current relevant news. Questions like that should be posted in the general Marvel Legends section of the forums.

A petition website has been created to bring back Iron Fist. For those intrested please go to:

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-bring-back-iron-fist

Not sure if you can give your opinion since this is a news topic, but I am not a big fan of the show and will not sign but maybe some of you like the show and would like this back. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, americamgl said:

A petition website has been created to bring back Iron Fist. For those intrested please go to:

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-bring-back-iron-fist

Not sure if you can give your opinion since this is a news topic, but I am not a big fan of the show and will not sign but maybe some of you like the show and would like this back. Hope this helps.

My guess is it will be back, just not on Netflix.

Hey guys! How about this leak

Can't really see the figures, but we can tell that is that basic 6 inch line. However the different costumes can be seen, like the Thor and Rocket two pack that leaked a week ago.

Hey guys. Just saw this now at a Brazilian website. Haven't seen any news anywhere else or any comments. Diamond Select Toys has done this before several times, so it might be true. 

Honestly, seems like a bootleg or a custom. But I can't identify which figure this might be based on. 

I sent them a message and I am waiting for confirmation. 

I present to you Marvel Select Iron Man Mark 50 exclusive to Disney Store. 

44629785_2102411783421979_37918560166525

ed7tg2kgxbt11.jpg

https://o-quartonerd.blogspot.com/2018/10/colecionaveis-diamond-select-lanca.html?showComment=1540157504750#c1324820538658842051

2 minutes ago, FASVB said:

Hey guys. Just saw this now at a Brazilian website. Haven't seen any news anywhere else or any comments. Diamond Select Toys has done this before several times, so it might be true. 

Honestly, seems like a bootleg or a custom. But I can't identify which figure this might be based on. 

ed7tg2kgxbt11.jpg

https://o-quartonerd.blogspot.com/2018/10/colecionaveis-diamond-select-lanca.html?showComment=1540157504750#c1324820538658842051

they do seem like 2 different figures. maybe one is bootloeg and one is not.

5 minutes ago, FASVB said:

ed7tg2kgxbt11.jpg

Whoa that is awesome. It does look legit too. Hard to tell though. Because on EBay they have those big select size Iron mans that are bootleg. And you would think Diamond would’ve mentioned this at NYCC. At the very least if there was a leak wouldn’t it be packaged versions of Cap or Thor? Hmmm IDK but I want it! 

8 hours ago, Falls22 said:

Whoa that is awesome. It does look legit too. Hard to tell though. Because on EBay they have those big select size Iron mans that are bootleg. And you would think Diamond would’ve mentioned this at NYCC. At the very least if there was a leak wouldn’t it be packaged versions of Cap or Thor? Hmmm IDK but I want it! 

In my recent memory they have released Thor and Spider Man without any notice or previous figure shown. The same was done to Thanos. The Big difference in all of these situations is hat the figures were all comic based. 

8 hours ago, tarot said:

they do seem like 2 different figures. maybe one is bootloeg and one is not.

I guess what is different is the light.  The pictures come from the same site. 

If they are bootlegs are well done and even the package looks nice. They could be from China were they make the figures. There is one famous bootleg that is the Mark 43. That one is nothing more than a Mark 42 repainted, but comes with some fun accessories that were made for this figure like the unmasked head and two infinity gauntlets.  The head is actually very well made. The package looks very similar to a real Marvel Select. But again they had a figure to star from. 

The last one that they released was two years ago the Mark46 from Civil War and this one does not seem to be the same figure because the articulation scheme is different. Mainly on the lower part of the figure. 

But there are a lot of good forgeries out there and some customizers do make good jobs. We also live in the Fake News era, so we must question everything that we hear or see when is not from a reliable source. 

7 hours ago, FASVB said:

In my recent memory they have released Thor and Spider Man without any notice or previous figure shown. The same was done to Thanos. The Big difference in all of these situations is hat the figures were all comic based. 

I guess what is different is the light.  The pictures come from the same site. 

If they are bootlegs are well done and even the package looks nice. They could be from China were they make the figures. There is one famous bootleg that is the Mark 43. That one is nothing more than a Mark 42 repainted, but comes with some fun accessories that were made for this figure like the unmasked head and two infinity gauntlets.  The head is actually very well made. The package looks very similar to a real Marvel Select. But again they had a figure to star from. 

The last one that they released was two years ago the Mark46 from Civil War and this one does not seem to be the same figure because the articulation scheme is different. Mainly on the lower part of the figure. 

But there are a lot of good forgeries out there and some customizers do make good jobs. We also live in the Fake News era, so we must question everything that we hear or see when is not from a reliable source. 

Thanks for the heads up. I believe its the same figure just different lightening.

Hey guys I found this on the Marvel Legends Collectors FB account. 

Beware for SPOILERS!!! It is related to the rumors that were raised from the leaked pictures of the Hasbro 6 inch basic figures from Avengers 4. 

You have been warned

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

1 minute ago, FASVB said:

Beware for SPOILERS!!! It is related to the rumors that were raised from the leaked pictures of the Hasbro 6 inch basic figures from Avengers 4. 

You have been warned

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I really like the colors on the rescue armor. This also could be a ruse to throw us off. Like they promoted Hulk alot in the movie but he was only in it for 10 minutes at most.

12 hours ago, FASVB said:

You have been warned

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Cool thanks!  Well that answers that mystery. It’s not Nebula like I thought but it is indeed Pepper Potts like others guessed. Good look. 

Hey guys!

This just dropped in!

Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective PX Exclusive Classic Marvel Cyclops

https://www.dorksidetoys.com/Collective-Marvel-Cyclops-PRE-ORDER-FREE-SHIPPIN-p/sep188229.htm