Avengers 1,000,000 B.C. Minimates Arrive at Walgreens Stores

JayC

Walgreens stores have long been the place to find exclusive Marvel Minimates assortments based on Marvel’s various animated series and movies. Now, Walgreens is the place to find an exclusive assortment of Minimates based on Marvel Comics!

In stores now, the first comic-based assortment to be offered at Walgreens features the Avengers of 1,000,000 B.C.! Each two-pack features at least one member of the prehistoric superteam, and all are exclusively at Walgreens stores. The assortment includes:

- Phoenix with Agamotto, with alternate flame hair, flame-hands and fiery base for Phoenix and spell-casting hands for Agamotto.
- Odin with Iron Fist, with the hammer Mjolnir for Odin and flame-hand accessories for Iron Fist.
- Black Panther with Starbrand
- Ghost Rider with the Fallen, with flame-hands for Ghost Rider.

Each Minimates mini-figure features 14 points of articulation and fully interchangeable parts, and comes with a clear display stand for advanced posing.

Visit your nearest Walgreens to find exclusive Minimates based on Marvel’s Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Secret Wars, Marvel’s Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers: Infinity War. Check out official images for this wave below.

RGB_0265.JPG

RGB_0266.JPG

RGB_0267.JPG

RGB_0268.JPG

Agamotto.JPG

BlackPanther.JPG

Fallen.JPG

GhostRider.JPG

IronFist.JPG

Odin.JPG

Phoenix.JPG

Starbrand.JPG

20 hours ago, JKenbok said:

Yeah I wish I could get into these cause there’s so many of them which is great but exactly what Falls22 said - I can’t afford to get addicted to another line of figures lol. 

I got into it and now need to get out lol. The wallet can't handle it 

Haven't read the comic and seem a very cool concept. Some 6 or 7 inch figures should also be released. I would buy those. A Ghost Rider riding a giant Mammoth on fire looks awesome! 

On 10/19/2018 at 12:23 PM, fleskz said:

I wish they'd done some marvel legends in this theme. Who collects minimates? seriously? are they meant for little kids? I can't see why someone would want these innacurate versions of ML?

I collect minimates. I havent bought any new ones in a loong time but they are pretty rad. They are just minifigures that are stylized. Just like how people collect stylistic cartoony vinyl figures or anything like that. What exactly do you mean by "inaccurate versions of ML"? They are just representations of the characters in minifigure form. Theyve also been around for like 15 or so years. 

On 10/21/2018 at 8:16 PM, EvilHayato said:

I collect minimates. I havent bought any new ones in a loong time but they are pretty rad. They are just minifigures that are stylized. Just like how people collect stylistic cartoony vinyl figures or anything like that. What exactly do you mean by "inaccurate versions of ML"? They are just representations of the characters in minifigure form. Theyve also been around for like 15 or so years. 

that's cool. I don't blame you or anyone for collecting--I was legit curious what the market was and if people on this site (adults) collected. Believe me, collecting ML action figures doesn't make me feel like anything but a nerd. hahah By "inaccurate", I just mean that they don't actually look like the characters they represent. In my collecting, I go for the figures that look the most real and life like. But each to there own. Sorry if that came off judgy, I'm just not as familiar with the wider world of superhero collecting, so thanks for informing me! Collect on!

7 hours ago, fleskz said:

that's cool. I don't blame you or anyone for collecting--I was legit curious what the market was and if people on this site (adults) collected. Believe me, collecting ML action figures doesn't make me feel like anything but a nerd. hahah By "inaccurate", I just mean that they don't actually look like the characters they represent. In my collecting, I go for the figures that look the most real and life like. But each to there own. Sorry if that came off judgy, I'm just not as familiar with the wider world of superhero collecting, so thanks for informing me! Collect on!

I understand. I was curious what you meant and it did kind of come off as judgy but I mean how can anyone judge being on a toy collecting site? Well the inaccuracy is akin to Lego minifgures where they arent shaped like they would in the comics, and is just essentially a minifigure palette designed to look like that particular character in that shape. Vinyl figures are also like that as well as those blindbox little figures and such. Each company thats not going for "accuracy" and more towards creative versions of those characters fitting their default minifigure bucks. When these came out, not many minifigures were even doing marvel licenses and they were 'cute' yet interesting. They started to get really creative with their designs and actually make unique sculpts to their original formula. I like all forms of figure art so I dont really go for how accurate a 2 inch block figure can get. I wasnt offended by your comments but I did want to inform you that just because you dont collect it, doesnt mean there isnt a market nor people collecting that thing you dont. 

These guys are awesome. I used to collect them, but not anymore. With the frequent releases of ML I had to limit my focus to one thing and I chose ML. I dont get NECA figures ever since TRU closed and Star Wars Black series 6" is just limited.

These minimates are in Walgreens from South Florida.

IMG_20181027_190407.jpg