No more 3.75" forum?

illestr8r

I haven't been on here much lately so I may have missed some changes but did the 3.75" board get removed? Nothing is showing up under my forum topics for it. Really hope this is not the case. I mean, I know the scale has seen better days and Hasbro isn't exactly cranking out the new releases but some of us still do collect them. If the topics have been removed, I guess I'll go elsewhere for news and discussion. Which is a shame as this was my first and favorite community to interact with.

1 hour ago, illestr8r said:

I haven't been on here much lately so I may have missed some changes but did the 3.75" board get removed? Nothing is showing up under my forum topics for it. Really hope this is not the case. I mean, I know the scale has seen better days and Hasbro isn't exactly cranking out the new releases but some of us still do collect them. If the topics have been removed, I guess I'll go elsewhere for news and discussion. Which is a shame as this was my first and favorite community to interact with.

I’m sure it’s here somewhere. Probably just hasn’t had much activity and has been pushed way back in the archives or something like that. 

44 minutes ago, tellytubbygen said:

wow, you are right. I checked my profile and only my posts in the Legends sub forum are showing up. Looks like they deleted the 3.75" sub forum. Time to say "adios" to this forum then...its been a good ride but eff you Hasbro for destroying the line!!!

You say that like it was being used. There hadn't been a new post in the section for several months. 3.75" falls under the Marvel Legends now and there is still Marvel Legends section so if you want to talk about 3.75" feel free to do so, but there is no point in having a bunch of areas on the boards people aren't using.

2 hours ago, wedge1968 said:

Can we have our forum back (please)?

No sorry. There was next to no activity in that area. Your asking for something no one was using. The two threads that had any activity are now in the Marvel Legends area. 3.75" are Marvel Legends just like 6". There is no point to have all these different areas on the forums no one is using. Try having conversations in an area that is somewhat active and maybe you will find more people will start participating in the conversations so your not just talking to yourself.

This is a disappointment.  Checking this site has been part of my daily routine for many years now, and I have treasured the friendships that I have made via this forum.  I guess that because of this lull in Hasbro's output, our talks will have to move on to other websites (or continue personally).  Most of them have anyway, so I look forward to chatting with you about these great Marvel figures elsewhere.

I will miss frequenting this site and can't help but feel a little betrayed by this turn of events.  It is bad enough that Hasbro isn't producing as much product as we would prefer; to have our hangout taken away from us seems particularly petty (of course, I don't know what it costs to leave the forum open, so I may just be projecting my feelings of frustration unjustly).  Again, I know that this community will continue to thrive elsewhere.  When we next run into each other on the other boards, be sure to let me know your name here so that I can realize who I am talking to.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

12 hours ago, wedge1968 said:

This is a disappointment.  Checking this site has been part of my daily routine for many years now, and I have treasured the friendships that I have made via this forum.  I guess that because of this lull in Hasbro's output, our talks will have to move on to other websites (or continue personally).  Most of them have anyway, so I look forward to chatting with you about these great Marvel figures elsewhere.

I will miss frequenting this site and can't help but feel a little betrayed by this turn of events.  It is bad enough that Hasbro isn't producing as much product as we would prefer; to have our hangout taken away from us seems particularly petty (of course, I don't know what it costs to leave the forum open, so I may just be projecting my feelings of frustration unjustly).  Again, I know that this community will continue to thrive elsewhere.  When we next run into each other on the other boards, be sure to let me know your name here so that I can realize who I am talking to.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Sorry but thats a crock. In one breath your saying how important the site is to you and then in the second your trying to threaten you will no longer be coming simply because we've done away with a section no one was using anyway. You can still talk about 3.75" figures here. Just because there isn't an area that says specifically 3.75" doesn't change that. I'm actually  trying to make it so you might be able to get better conversations going on the topic having them take place in an area on the forums people are actually using, not less. The reality is Hasbro is pretty much done with 3.75" Marvel for at least any foreseeable future and there is very little to talk about for that scale, but instead of making posts like this how about going out and trying to get more 3.75" collectors on here and get them posting. If I see real demand to warrant for that topic to have its own section now or down the road I will be happy to reinstate the area, but again there is no point for it and actually counter-productive having an area no one is using.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:26 AM, tellytubbygen said:

Bad idea IMHO...maybe you have some reasoning for this move that makes sense to you...but I would rather not get confused by what toy is in which scale by having it all in 1 place...Hasbro has already confused us enough with the naming....

Yes the reason is you guys weren't using it. There was 1 thread which is now in the ML section that had like 3 posts in the last 2 months and a second post with one post in September and everything else in that section had no activity since July. If you you guys want to talk 3.75" figures you are welcome to do so in the Marvel Legends section. There is a thread that clearly says 3.75" so I dont think people are going to get confused. If at sometime down the road we see a lot of activity in regards to 3.75" as in a lot of people participating in discussions about it we can revist giving that subject its own area. I dont think thats going to happen but if you 2-3 people want to really see a 3.75" section then go get all your 3.75" collector friends bring em back here and get them talking about them. Not only will that kind of activity convince me bring the section  back, but you will be getting your friends involved in a board where they will have chance to win cool prizes.

What is confusing is when someone new comes on here and sees all these areas with no activity. That leaves the impression that the forums are dead and therefore whats the point in participating and they leave. People dont want to have to jump around a bunch of different places for areas that have next to no activity. The ML area is an active one. Its the place most go to when they come here so if they see a topic they are interested in, then there is a better chance they will participate in it.

On 10/19/2018 at 3:37 AM, JayC said:

"....I'm actually  trying to make it so you might be able to get better conversations going on the topic having them take place in an area on the forums people are actually using, not less. The reality is Hasbro is pretty much done with 3.75" Marvel for at least any foreseeable future and there is very little to talk about for that scale..."

I don't mean to be argumentative with you, and I respect your position as an admin on this page, but I have to say that I feel you may have made an error in removing a section for the 3.75 figure lines.
I can understand that you feel you are better organizing the site through the condensing of the forums, but in fact when collectors of our line come to this forum (which in the past had been a safe haven for us to discuss and share with one another-granted less so since the purge of our line by the powers that be) and then see that there is only a section which reads Marvel Legends, our interpretation is that this is the 6 inch line, and that we have no longer have a home here. Remember, our scale started out as Marvel Universe before the multiple title changes (infinite; legends -which was a bad idea in and of itself; as well as previously being showdown; and all of the other character specific lines).
I believe the lack of conversation on our forum was greatly due to the fact that there has been a lack of product, intentionally by the Hasbro team. We have been hurt and feel slighted by the deterioration of our line and the way it has been neglected in recent years (not just marvel but with GIJOE and Star Wars as well). This move that you made, while justified in your own views, just felt to many of us as a kick in the teeth. The timing of your move was unfortunate or perhaps fortuitous to those who want us gone, as we finally saw some new product hitting the shelves in three separate 2 packs of 3.75 action figures. And when we went to go to the forum to post in the sightings thread, or to look at where these were showing up, we arrived to learn that we no longer have our separate forum.

Now I have no problem with you condensing the threads into that Marvel Legend thread, but I would suggest (as this is the feedback forum, and I wouldn't want to post about a problem I have unless I also provided a solution) that you rename the thread from Marvel Legends to Marvel Action Figures, or simply toys. This will entice much more traffic to click on that link to actually find the 3.75 thread for us to participate in. Otherwise it is simply buried and of no use to anyone, because as I stated above, us 3.75 collectors who are faithful to OUR scale and have felt the push from the corporate powers to make the change to THEIR preferred scale may have a negative association with the terminology "Marvel Legends"....even though technically we aren't even that anymore- we are Marvel Gamersverse. I hope this provides insight and perhaps some understanding to our concerns. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

" If at sometime down the road we see a lot of activity in regards to 3.75" as in a lot of people participating in discussions about it we can revist giving that subject its own area. I dont think thats going to happen but if you 2-3 people want to really see a 3.75" section then go get all your 3.75" collector friends bring em back here and get them talking about them. Not only will that kind of activity convince me bring the section  back, but you will be getting your friends involved in a board where they will have chance to win cool prizes."

Jay, I will also add this in response to your above comment: saying things like "I dont think thats going to happen..." puts a negative doubt in your mind to us 3.75 fans and our allegiance to our line. If our devotion to our line has not wavered into the 6 inch realm with all we have endured and all the cool products which 6 inch has received in these last few years, than I don't believe our devotion can be simply brushed aside like this. Comments such as that are similar to the way Dwight Stall would react/ respond when questioned about 3.75 line (which he was clearly not a fan of). If our inactivity in these last few months soured you towards us, perhaps you could put yourself in our shoes as I stated above and understand why we haven't had much to talk about lately, as we have had little to no product released in our scale. If you truly want us to come to this forum and utilize it, perhaps you should be a bit more inviting and less doubtful to us in your language....otherwise you will see contributors and followers feel slighted, go elsewhere and not return when Hasbro Investors have their auditors roll heads at the company for their failing business practices these last few years, and we finally see the Triumphant return of our Glorious 3.75 line. It doesn't take much to show kindness, especially when others are down.

I just checked, and Jay, you can't claim, while referring to the Marvel Legends Figure Discussion, that  " There is a thread that clearly says 3.75" so I dont think people are going to get confused. " when you have the thread posted as follows:

Marvel Legends Figure Discussion

Discuss Marvel 6" scale figures like Legends from Toy Biz to Hasbro. Discussion

I copied and pasted this right off the main page. Your forum clearly states 6" and says nothing at all about 3.75". I am already confused by what you post and then by what you say. Hopefully we will see a change which is no less inviting to our 6" collecting friends, but more inviting to us 3.75" collectors, so we can continue to enjoy this forum  and begin to rebuild our fandom.

7 hours ago, JayC said:

Yes the reason is you guys weren't using it. There was 1 thread which is now in the ML section that had like 3 posts in the last 2 months and a second post with one post in September and everything else in that section had no activity since July. If you you guys want to talk 3.75" figures you are welcome to do so in the Marvel Legends section. There is a thread that clearly says 3.75" so I dont think people are going to get confused. If at sometime down the road we see a lot of activity in regards to 3.75" as in a lot of people participating in discussions about it we can revist giving that subject its own area. I dont think thats going to happen but if you 2-3 people want to really see a 3.75" section then go get all your 3.75" collector friends bring em back here and get them talking about them. Not only will that kind of activity convince me bring the section  back, but you will be getting your friends involved in a board where they will have chance to win cool prizes.

What is confusing is when someone new comes on here and sees all these areas with no activity. That leaves the impression that the forums are dead and therefore whats the point in participating and they leave. People dont want to have to jump around a bunch of different places for areas that have next to no activity. The ML area is an active one. Its the place most go to when they come here so if they see a topic they are interested in, then there is a better chance they will participate in it.

Yep I agree. If this was my first time coming to this site and seeing a forum that was old and nothing new going on. Then I probably wouldn’t come back. Because I would think the forum/site was dead. So I can see why it was removed. Pretty simple. And It’s really not that big of a deal you guys there’s a lot more bigger problems in the world to be worried about besides the 3.75 inch forum from being deleted. 

5 hours ago, JKenbok said:

Jesus Christ. Is there a genocide going on or something?

4 hours ago, Falls22 said:

Yep I agree. If this was my first time coming to this site and seeing a forum that was old and nothing new going on. Then I probably wouldn’t come back. Because I would think the forum/site was dead. So I can see why it was removed. Pretty simple. And It’s really not that big of a deal you guys there’s a lot more bigger problems in the world to be worried about besides the 3.75 inch forum from being deleted. 

Yes, there are much bigger issues. And those issues are discussed in the appropriate places. This particular forum thread is for feedback and suggestions....which we were doing providing the administrator with our feedback and suggestions to a decision he made on the site which we disagree with. It may not mean much to you, but to those who expressed their suggestions and feedback on the topic it does. And just because the issue is simple, to some, doesn't mean everyone will like the outcome...and I believe our concerns are valid.

On 10/18/2018 at 8:00 AM, JayC said:

You say that like it was being used. There hadn't been a new post in the section for several months. 3.75" falls under the Marvel Legends now and there is still Marvel Legends section so if you want to talk about 3.75" feel free to do so, but there is no point in having a bunch of areas on the boards people aren't using.

Respectfully, that is because over time, areas of active discussion were pulled from the main 3.75 forum and placed in other sections. When that happened, discussion died off.

First it was the custom thread, then figures in action and collection photos. That really only left sighting and hauls and well there is not much to see or haul in.

Perhaps though we should look at this as a chance to redefine 3.75 as a discussion forum. If the issue was lack of discussion, putting those threads back would help. Additionally, opening it up for more general 3.75 line discussion would not hurt. Given that Hasbro has given the line a rest for now, the hobby currently hinges on kickstarter, boss fight, zombie lab, mauraders, etc.

We can make wishlist discussions but the only wish right now is Hasbro gets back to making new figures. Unlikely with 10% cut in work force and everything else going on. And there can't be rumor threads without rumors. 

However, closing the forum and moving the one active thread likely guarantees that thread's quick demise. It didn't work the other three times. So if the goal was to foster discussion, I fear you will see the opposite. Since there is no longer an area that fits my interest for discussion, I and others will likely go elsewhere. That seems counter productive to your goals in my opinion.