So is hasbro making an effort to subdue female characters?

KiloinNorcal

Noticed Hasbro has been moving away from the popular Moonstone buck in favor of the less curvy, less tight clothing ones, even for characters who should have gotten the Moonstone treatment, (Elektra, Psylocke).

Concerted effort or just coincidence?

I know we just got a revealing Magik but it was essentially a repaint requiring no retooling.

Did Disney tell them to tone it down?

Yes I’ve noticed that too. The Moonstone buck hasn’t been used that often. They did just recently use it for Scream. But I think that was because she was covered in her symbiote. So you couldn’t see any skin.

Elektra and Psylocke I think should have had that Moonstone body. But for reasons of trying not to be to revealing or sexy or whatever idk lol I think they opted out for a different body. Or maybe it’s just design choice. Idk, but the new psylocke and elektra have a disk hinge in their necks (I think) and the moonstone body doesn’t. So maybe that’s why? To give us extra articulation? Who knows! HASBRO give us answers! 

No, there is no mistaking this and I assure you we are not the only ones to notice. In our current social environment being a curvaceous, confident, beautiful woman is offensive to some people that just aren't. They are definitely moving away from the Moonstone buck, trying to phase it out permanently. So much so that they are redoing all the female figures who've used it in the past (see: Black Cat & Spider-Woman) and soon it will happen to both Moonstone herself and Captain Marvel as the classic Ms. Marvel with Moonstone swap head that we all expect for the Captain Marvel wave will most certainly be done on either the Kate Bishop buck or the slightly more leggy Dark Phoenix/Psylocke buck. And yes, contrary to what many think, it is different from the Scarlet Witch buck. It is the superior buck of the two, but less appealing than the Moonstone buck which fits a lot more female characters in the Marvel Universe than Disney would like to admit or corroborate.

12 minutes ago, monron999 said:

No, there is no mistaking this and I assure you we are not the ones to notice. In our current social environment being a curvaceous, confident, beautiful woman is offensive to some people that just aren't. They are definitely moving away from the Moonstone buck, trying to phase it out permanently. So much so that they are redoing all the female figures who've used it in the past (see: Black Cat & Spider-Woman) and soon it will happen to both Moonstone herself and Captain Marvel as the classic Ms. Marvel with Moonstone swap head that we all expect for the Captain Marvel wave will most certainly be done on either the Kate Bishop buck or the slightly more leggy Dark Phoenix/Psylocke buck. And yes, contrary to what many think, it is different from the Scarlet Witch buck. It is the superior buck of the two, but less appealing than the Moonstone buck which fits a lot more female characters in the Marvel Universe than Disney would like to admit or corroborate.

Not disagreeing with you my brotha, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Vintage Wasp is using the Moonstone buck (at least the bottom part, but that's the part in question). Of course they needed to use the upper torso that accommodates wings.

3 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

Not disagreeing with you my brotha, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Vintage Wasp is using the Moonstone buck (at least the bottom part, but that's the part in question). Of course they needed to use the upper torso that accommodates wings.

Actually I'm pretty sure that's been the "amended" version of the SW buck they've been using since they determined that the original SW was way too tall. As a customizer I've spend plenty of time (and money) distinguishing the two. From what I can tell, the SW and Moonstone shared the same thighs from the start, but the upper thighs in th SW at the "T" joint were substantially longer. They've since cut the thighs shorter to make the figures shorter. Why they just didn't just decide to modify the hips of the SW buck to accept the shorter upper thighs that were used on the Moonstone buck is beyond my pay grade, but the attempt to rectify and balance the problems with the SW (too tall) and Bishop (legs too skinny) bucks can be seen in the Dark Phoenix/Psylocke buck which I see to be the perfect "thinner" female buck. Nothing's ever been changed on the Moonstone buck which actually confirms to me they though it was perfect from the start, it's just to "sexy" to use anymore. Thanks political correctness.

13 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

No that vintage Wasp has a disc hinge in her neck. Which the Moonstone body does not have. The new Wasp is most likely on the same body as the old wasp. Which is like the TRU Storm/ Hellcat body mold. 

4 hours ago, nieman257 said:

Hmmm....So was Rogue the last Moonstone buck use? No one in A-Force had it.

7 minutes ago, KiloinNorcal said:

I want to say it was used again in this last Venom wave, but I could be wrong about that. It's used sparingly for sure though.

Definitely used for Scream.  No disk hinge on the neck, just a peg, and everything else matches as well.