Disney Store Exclusive Marvel Select 7" Avengers: Infinity War Iron Man Mark 50?!?

JayC

6 hours ago, ejvs_theuniverse said:

I was just hoping that Selects would step up their game as Legends have, the line separating the two is starting to blur, and the only thing Select has going for it is, or had been body models are unique and paint application, but with the facial-scan printing Hasbro conjured up is superb, and as far as accessories go, although mediocre repaints on average as well as base-bodies for characters are reused more often than not, Legends are holding their own for cost and plentiful character choices increase the odds.

There is one tiny thing that you have to consider that is the license. The master license holder is Hasbro.  So they can pretty much whatever they want. Any character, any point apps and points of articulation,  The limit is the budget. The figure has to be at the 20 dollars price range. However they will slowly increase the price until it is 25 and it won't be long. On the other hand Selects have a limited release, the have to pick very carefully the figures that they make and get a good balance between movie and comics. The only exclusives that they make are to Disney Store/Marvel shop and those are by demand and don't count on the overall figures hat they can make.  Also they have the articulation points limited by their contract for some reason.  So they invest in bases, accessories and unique molds, sculpt and paint. They were almost statues in the beginning and I have some older ones (not the first ones), but it is clear that the articulation department has improved. They cannot be seen as an alternate or auxiliary line for Legends. they are their own thing. Sure, some figures can be put into a legends display and work very well.  Also sometimes they make some poor choices and the figures come out looking bad, we have a few examples in the last couple of years, but we also have some amazing figures. Some of them I missed and I regreta deeply. 

But back to FiguArts, I'd rather not delve into those due to sizing, they just don't work in comparison to Legends, with Selects at least they can be hit or miss with some, but Japanese figures normally come just under the height requirement for it to be uniform for collections of various teams and such for collectors as myself, not to mention the pricing due to shipping internationally. I do unfortunately have an Iron Spider that was gifted to me from my brother, which I clearly hinted at Mafex for the MCU Spiders because I don't like the Marvel Legends build, although Homemade Spidey seems okay. But seeing as how my brother's currently in Japan, I might have to grab some international figures just cuz shipping won't be such a pain. If not, customizers are always a route to go, even though pricing might be steep.

I understand your point there and agree.  But again they were not made to be mixed. They are they own thing. That is why I only collect the Iron Man figures to get a cool hall of armors display. 

6 hours ago, ejvs_theuniverse said:

I would however like the Select Hulkbuster that recently came out, just wish he had alternate hands, for the Hall of Armor. But if you were speaking on getting the SHF MK L, I might get that one as well.

Which Hulkbuster are you referring to?  Yes I was talking exactly about that one, which I also want. The thing is that I am a bit behind on my armor collection and need to track down the older releases. 

On 10/26/2018 at 7:54 PM, FASVB said:

I understand your point there and agree.  But again they were not made to be mixed. They are they own thing. That is why I only collect the Iron Man figures to get a cool hall of armors display. 

True...Financial constraints in the long run will affect licensing and products under said license, its just Legends prices are one the rise like you mentioned, and I fear Selects will readjust as well sooner or later. As far as articulation goes, on Selects, definitely not in it for articulation by any means, and honestly it kind of degrades its aesthetic for me because of the limited joints that are allowed on them, they are almost always awkward if moved, its best to just leave it in the affixed position. But you missing out on choice figures/statues, very true on my part as well... The very first Marvel Legend, and the only one I obtained at the time of release was the Black Costume Spiderman from the ToyBiz line, back when Kaybee Toys was a thing, not sure if you had/have those in Brazil. Its like a more compact Toys R Us...making that reference, I'm not sure if Brazil has a Toys R Us either. What I mean to say was I got the Spidey back when ToyBiz was still active. Had I known the Marvel Legends franchise wouldn't die, I would've collected the more coveted BAFs and such. 

I'm sorry for not making myself clearer on Select Hulkbuster, I thought it was a newer release but I looked it up and it debuted in 2015 or something...haha my bad. Kinda wish Select would do their rendition on it, no hate on the Legends MCU BAF, but he's kinda underwhelmingly small next to the MCU Legends Hulk.

Is your Hall of Armors just a general collection of Iron Men from various franchises or the Legends MCU?

My Iron Man collection consists of SHF. Because to me they have great paint, sculpt and heft. Come with lots of accessories and the articulation is the best that you can ask for a figure for that price an size.  I thought about squeezing some Comicave in there but the price was just too high for me at the time and now they are hard to come by.  Also there is the matter of shelf space

About the Hulkbuster they only made the comic version and yes it looks small, but in the comics the armor was smaller actually. I am with you and wished that they have made a MCU one but it would be too big and probably it wouldn't fit the package. Selects are 7 innch scale. I have the SHF one. The most expensive thing of my collection. Could be a little bigger, but I am quite happy with it. Too bad  have no funds to get the 2.0

The First Ten years Hulkbuster doesn't look bad. 

Here they toy shops only sell toys for kids.  Rarely they carry 6 inch figures like legends or black series. You have to either import or go after some specialty shops. They are not cheap. Sometimes I found SHF figures at the same price as a ML or BS. So I don't think twice and go for the Japanese ones.  

I started collecting like 3.5 years ago. I didn't get the Toybiz era. 

Yeah as far as sheer volume of the collection, for Iron Man, Comicave seems spot on, other than Hot Toys, I don't think any other license has done what they've done. But shelf space can be a deal breaker...haha

Were all Selects, the ones having articulation, 7in and under? Maybe its just me, but I could've sworn some towered over others in height.

I'm with you, I have retail shops, more on everyday products and not specified toy shops, within a few hours drive, but even when Toys R Us was still around, the selection, at least for me was always limited, be it I'd search for figures maybe twice a month back when I started collecting. I've fallen on having to order online which takes the fun out of adding to my collection. Thats why I've reduced my Legends collection to just MCU. Once I'm caught up with the Cinematic Universe, or close to it, I'll try displays and dioramas, enter contests online. Gotta up my game on accessories and props.