Marvel Legends Vintage 6" Blue Wasp Figure Video Review & Image Gallery

JayC

Just now, fleskz said:

Am I the only person that thinks these "vintage" figures are just an excuse to make plain, cheap figures and charge full price? there are so boring and ugly (mostly)

I don't like these vintage waves but Hasbro needed an excuse to re-release that brown and tan Wolverine for collectors who couldn't get them.

Many people might not like these vintage waves but its sort of a smart move on Hasbro's part, the figures require minimal if any new tooling (which is a big expense when it comes to making figures), by making these figures they can make characters or costumes that they either got wrong before or they already made and wouldnt make sense putting them in a regular wave with them just being a diferent costume, it has the nostalgic card which appealls to some collectors and it gives some collectors that missed out on the original releases a chance to pick them up with a slightly diference and in most cases cheaper than it would be to get them in the secondary market. Would I want better characters, more accessories or something different?, Yes, but for what they are IMO they are ok. Ill pick which ever character I like and skip on the rest and won't have to worry about not being to build a BAF or missing pieces. 

I am definetely getting the Wasp and maybe Vision... that Wasp face is so well painted. The rest of the vintage line is alright imo, I was most disappointed with Antman. I was  expecting him done better using the Scott Lang Antman body if anything.

We need Classic Thor!!! Classic Hulk!!! Hope they start including some classic villains so we cam have Classic Loki!!! Or Classic Magneto???!!!

I think this Wasp is probably the most desirable one out of this bunch.  Her face does look great. It is kind of strange to get a character like scarlet spider as a classic before a classic Thor  or Hulk, and we do need some classic villiand. 

1 hour ago, JKenbok said:

I think this Wasp is probably the most desirable one out of this bunch.  Her face does look great. It is kind of strange to get a character like scarlet spider as a classic before a classic Thor  or Hulk, and we do need some classic villiand. 

Speaking of strange... I have been waiting for a Classic Dr. Strange comic version to replace my old ToyBiz one.

Yes!  That’s another great call. Classic Dr. Strange. I had to start selling off most of my toy biz collection. May be blasphemy to some but I just don’t have the space anymore and they can’t hold up to these newer Legends. I used to love that toybiz Bishop for example but the new Bishop trumps it. But I digress, point is- we need some of these classic figures from toybiz days redone. 

15 hours ago, fleskz said:

Am I the only person that thinks these "vintage" figures are just an excuse to make plain, cheap figures and charge full price? there are so boring and ugly (mostly)

No, I think these area great idea! (Sure, no BAF, but I guess the extra money for that goes to the packaging) However, I still love them for their look and appeal and character choice! We can be gauranteed to get a classic version of these characters in this line. While in the mainline they can focus on giving us some current costumes and current characters. Like do you know how long we have needed an update for a classic Vison and Ant-Man??!? I see a lot of possibilities for this line. An updated and definitive version of a classic Thor, a classic Yellowjacket, Wasp in her Red costume! So many good things could come from this line. Not to mention the already cool things that came from it like this Wasp! 

20 hours ago, fleskz said:

These "vintage" figures are a good way to get figures buyers may have missed before, and they (so far) are better than the original Toybiz figures. I'm not happy with how the Vision turned out ( I posted a LONG rant on that) but its still not bad. That Ant-Man, however, is just not gonna fly. That is not Hank Pym's helmet...that is the Black Ant from 2015, just re-colored. The original Pym toybiz version was also removable. Just saying, if youre a stickler for vintage/original appearance, just know theyre taking some liberties here. I like this Wasp but she's a pass for me, as I think the best outfit was the 2015 figure. I'd snatch her up if they do the late 70s purple suit, or the white/blue one sleeve-one legging outfit.

On 10/23/2018 at 8:40 AM, Falls22 said:

No, I think these area great idea! (Sure, no BAF, but I guess the extra money for that goes to the packaging) However, I still love them for their look and appeal and character choice! We can be gauranteed to get a classic version of these characters in this line. While in the mainline they can focus on giving us some current costumes and current characters. Like do you know how long we have needed an update for a classic Vison and Ant-Man??!? I see a lot of possibilities for this line. An updated and definitive version of a classic Thor, a classic Yellowjacket, Wasp in her Red costume! So many good things could come from this line. Not to mention the already cool things that came from it like this Wasp! 

but the packaging is much smaller and simpler? I guess it's win-win. they get off making basic sculpts/paint apps. And those who focus on "Classic" forms get what they want. wolverine is the only one I really liked so far

On 10/23/2018 at 2:38 PM, Atlantis said:

These "vintage" figures are a good way to get figures buyers may have missed before, and they (so far) are better than the original Toybiz figures. I'm not happy with how the Vision turned out ( I posted a LONG rant on that) but its still not bad. That Ant-Man, however, is just not gonna fly. That is not Hank Pym's helmet...that is the Black Ant from 2015, just re-colored. The original Pym toybiz version was also removable. Just saying, if youre a stickler for vintage/original appearance, just know theyre taking some liberties here. I like this Wasp but she's a pass for me, as I think the best outfit was the 2015 figure. I'd snatch her up if they do the late 70s purple suit, or the white/blue one sleeve-one legging outfit.

I'm pretty sure I've seen "classic" and old school versions in the normal ML lines.

19 minutes ago, fleskz said:

but the packaging is much smaller and simpler? I guess it's win-win. they get off making basic sculpts/paint apps. And those who focus on "Classic" forms get what they want. wolverine is the only one I really liked so far

I think what costs would be the printed on art for the package. And it’s really not smaller the  package is bigger than the single carded regular figures. 

Its really a matter of opinion. I could see why some people didn’t like them. And when the first wave came out. I didn’t really like the first wave. Except for Black Widow because she was the only ‘new’ character/figure in that wave. And it gave me a chance to finally get a classic black Widow. Swapped the head on her with the Phoenix two pack head and she looks really good now.

But anyway this wave 2 is a bit better than wave one. We got an updated wasp vision and ant man. In classic looks. I like the updated Classic Hawkeye which we’ve needed for a while. The only ones that aren’t too mind blowing are the Scarlet Spider and BP.

The SS is good for anyone who missed out on it and that unmasked head is pretty neat. The BP is tempting though. The solid black does look better than the purple Walmart one. 

So yeah it’s really about what you as the collector like I guess.  But I guess a majority of collecting is like that isn’t it? Haha

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't expect to like this figure, in fact, I've kinda been overlooking her every time she was mentioned. :blush: But now that I've gotten a proper look at her... I like her quite a bit. (Which makes my wallet cry and beg for mercy, of course, because I hardly need to pick up any new figures unexpectedly! Oh well, so's the life of a collector, right? :wink: )