Marvel Legends 6" Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse Target Exclusive 2-Pack Review & Images

JayC

The electrical piece is used to simulate Miles' 'venom strike' ability, I would assume.

And while I like the slight deco differences, I'm in agreement that these would be a lot more appealing with unmasked heads that matched the in-movie character designs more, and as a result I'm gonna be skipping this set... for myself. However, I know plenty of people who never found Gwen and/or MIles, so having them together in a pack will really help them out.

What is with Hasbro and whitewashing their head sculpts? First, they made the unmasked head on the new Black Panther figure from the first BP wave look Arabic. Now they give us a repaint of a Miles Morales head sculpt that looks like an African American mixed with a Vietnamese skin color. Heck. It looks Egyptian. Hasbro, are you racist?

51 minutes ago, Hogun said:

What is with Hasbro and whitewashing their head sculpts? First, they made the unmasked head on the new Black Panther figure from the first BP wave look Arabic. Now they give us a repaint of a Miles Morales head sculpt that looks like an African American mixed with a Vietnamese skin color. Heck. It looks Egyptian. Hasbro, are you racist?

I wonder if it has something to do (at least, in this case) with a palette they were given in regards to the characters models, and I only wonder that because Gwen's also suffering from skin-lightening. But even then, it would have to have been an earlier palette, since everything I've seen from the film has Miles' proper skin tone.

And I know this is grasping at straws for a "sensible" explanation.

At least they're fixing the BP skintone for the Wave 2 release.

This is an interesting set. If I never got gwen or miles, I would definitely grab this but since I do own them both and imo superior versions, I will not be grabbing this set. Happy that others that missed out the first time will be able to get a second chance to tho! 

5 hours ago, Hogun said:

It is a little weird they went with a much lighter shade but... why Vietnamese? Why not any other oriental shade?  Are you racist bro? lol

I was fortunate to have bought a Spider Gwen when it was still out, but I hadn't become a full-on collector at the time. Never did get a Miles figure, and he looks amazing. I am excited for this two pack because I'd love to get him at retail value, but also because I'm super excited for the upcoming movie. This version of his suit looks really cool to me, though not necessarily better or worse.
I'm VERY disappointed that the headsculpts weren't made to match the movie's characters, I feel that is a huge oversight/laziness. Having a second Gwen isn't terrible either, especially if I ever decide to try customizing figures.

15 hours ago, MarvelLegendsrule135 said:

I feel they could've at least gave us new head sculpts. Miles and Gwen do not look anything like that. I missed out on the older versions of these two characters so i'll get it anyway but what a lazy release Hasbro.

I always liked that Gwen headsculpt because it's so clearly modeled after Emma Stone, but it really is lazy for a tie-in for a movie where Gwen looks nothing like that.

7 hours ago, Satam said:

I always liked that Gwen headsculpt because it's so clearly modeled after Emma Stone, but it really is lazy for a tie-in for a movie where Gwen looks nothing like that.

Yeah, the only reason I'm getting this is cause I don't have the ultimate version of miles or the older release of Gwen. I wouldn't get this if I did have those figures.