Ideal Hulk Wave

tarot

Oh how I wish this could be a thing but truth be told, I think most of the figures in this wave would be too large for Hasbro to even consider doing, at least not without a price hike. Not that I'm advocating for that. On the other hand, they could use a lot of existing molds and skimp on the BAF by making it a standard size figure, so you never know. Buuut....I'm a realist rather than a romantic so I'll make this list, as usual, based on probability rather than my dream team. I'm going 2 large figures at best, 2 females, 2 villains, 2 new characters and possibly 1 wild card and a standard size BAF along with the previously set parameters. Just my logical mind always putting things in proper perspective. Sorry.

1. Hulk (classic or modern) - just a good, definitive Hulk. No quirky, weird gimmicky version based on a specific art style and no ankle pivot or some wonky looking monstrosity cobbled together from MCU and comic style figure parts. We need just one damn good version. Just one! Nothing more than a few tweaks of the Ragnarok Hulk BAF. Kick in a Amadeaus Cho head swap if you like.

2. Doc Samson (remake 1) - easy reuse of the Omega Red or Hercules buck (haven't seen enough to determine if they're the same yet). No crazy design or new molds necessary.

3. Red She-Hulk (remake 2, female 1, villain 1) the last one was good for its time, but it's up for a face lift. Use a new costume or just totally clean the slate. Reuse the A-Force box set She-Hulk buck, but correct the short little aligator arms.

4. Lyra (new character 1, female 2) - seriously it's just another super easy reuse of the She-Hulk buck. An easy 2 for 1.

5. A-Bomb (new character 2, large figure 2) - this one would take a bit more than a reused mold. Some modification of the Abomination buck should be easy enough. Some customizes have been doing it for years.

6. Leader (remake 3, villain 2) - don't like the character myself but it's gotta be done. A simple reuse of the Spidey buck. Nothing more.

7. Thunderbolt Ross (wild card) - not a particular favorite of mine but he is the other side of Banner's coin and a major player in the Marvel Universe. Not a fan of "normals" but if we don't put him in this wave, where else?

BAF: Modern Grey She-Hulk - this character is one of the only few interesting ones to come outta this weird, flipped on its head, gender swap social experiment Marvel tried. Not too large, but the only true new sculpt of the wave as she's quite a bit more muscular and bulkier than the standard She-Hulk buck.

This was a really hard wave to think out cuz about ninety percent of Hulk's enemies are as large as he is and trying to tie in a common theme made it that much tougher. If you haven't figured the theme, it's Betty Ross. I really didn't wanna slot ole Thaddeus in there but he's about the only one who fits, really.

Maybe someday if some legit Hulk waves can gain some traction we can get a new Red Hulk with a Selleck Hulk swap head.

indeed I was this close to forgo the BAF and just fill the wave with BAF size character. Then I realized that this is just a fantasy wave so f-it. But for me it was extremely hard just to pick just 6.

I wanted to include a grey hulk and red hulk but decided against it as I already had a hulk in the wave and thought if it was going to be an ongoing line like the Spider-man and X-men line then I could just make each wave have a Hulk in it. This the way I do it as if it was the first wave of a line. So the second wave could have Rulk, Third could have Joe Fixit and fourth could have Adamus Cho. So held off on putting a number of Hulk into the wave.

As for Ross, yes he is someone most people don't even think of when making a wave, but he is just a massive part of the Hulk lore that he has to be made at some point (techinically he is since we have a Rulk figure but it's not the same). Also with figures being as massive as they are having a smaller character would work nicely in the wave to fit the torso into.

As for why I didn't include Doc Samson, it's simply the same as the Rulk and Grey Hulk, I wanted him for another wave and this wave was packed with characters. 

I pick Lyra and Bi-Beast for one simple reason. They were soon as prototypes at some point and this has made me want them ever since. What can I say, seeing anything as a prototype make me want it. Thus the reason I even want Terror Inc eventually. Plus it shows that Hasbro has an interest in releasing them so I wanted to get these 2 out of the way.

I like the idea of all those, especially an update of the Leader, but it's hard to think they'd release that many big guys in a single wave.

I know the Foom wave had big guys but don't see them doing that again. Though, it'd be nice.

Anyway, I would like to add the idea of a 1st Appearance Wolverine re-do, Doc Samson re-do and even a comic Bruce Banner.

9 hours ago, monron999 said:

1. Gray Hulk - Hasbro has yet to release a Good gray Hulk, the one from the Fing Fang Foom wave is to small to scale with other figures.

2. Caiera - From Planet Hulk never been made into a figure. Planet Hulk is one of my favorite Hulk stories.

3. Thunderbolt Ross - Major part of Hulks story and never been made into a figure

4. Leader - Great villain, cool look. Nuf said

5. Doc Samson - He was always one my favorites.

6. She Hulk - Only including this to have a remake in here. Otherwise I would be fine skipping her since I have the one from the A force set

7. Professor Hulk - Not a huge fan but it was a pivotal part of The Hulk story for years in the 90s. Just reapint the Avengers 2 Hulk body with a new Headsculpt/

BAF - The Maestro - One of my favorite Hulk Villians in need of an update figure with a brand new sculpt. 

This was a hard list to come up with. I had enough figures for at least 2 more waves that I considered putting on here. Wish Hasbro would actually do this even if it was a special realese like the MCU 10th Anniversary figures