Is Hasbro Planning On Doing A 90's Comic Book Based Marvel Legends War Machine?

JayC

On 10/24/2018 at 3:28 PM, HumanTorch said:

I’m currently using the iron man 3 iron patriot figure in my avengers display and I hate mixing my movie figs and comic figs together so I’d love to see a new comic war machine 

Technically speaking, using a MCU War Machine in a comics display is not far-fetched since he has used his first two movie armors in the comics as well (I'm just joking, I hate when that happens and having an actual comic War Machine figure is ten times better).

19 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

90's War machine (and Iron Man for that matter) didn't have an arc reactor. 

90s War Machine did have a unibeam. You are right that the original version of the armor that Tony used didn't. But when Rhodey started using the suit, it got one.

Wow! I'm actually shocked at how many of you want a comic based War Machine & not another umpteenth MCU version. Kudos to all of you. Glad I'm not the only hard care marvel comic based fan here that doesn't collect the MCU. Thanks to the movies, Ironman is popular enough to have entire comic based waves done on & people will buy it, both MCU along with us comic based fans. Hasbro has thrown a few bones at us classic comic IM fans by giving us IM enemies Blizzard, Beetle who are pretty much C-level IM baddies along with a BAF of comic version Ironmonger.

Their poor attempt at Titanium man was just that, a poor attempt, dunno bout the rest of you but the TM I want is the late 70s version. This would make for the perfect BAF as he is 8+ ft tall. "Armor wars" Crimson Dynamo from the 80s is the version I want. Hasbro made an outstanding version of it in their 3.75 MU line, just enlarge that one to a 7' scale. Spymaster is my other most wanted IM villain. Throw in Whiplash/Blacklash as well! Classic Ghost is a must have as well.  There are a ton more of comic based IM villians  Hasbro yet to make!

Titanium man.png

Titanium man vs Ironman.png

crimson-dynamo_1.jpg

Crimson Dynamo classic version.jpg

crimson-dynamo turnaround.jpg

spymaster02.jpg

Ironman vs Blacklash.jpg

Ironman vs Spymaster by Michael Golden.jpg

Ghost-.jpg

On 10/25/2018 at 8:33 PM, Gmen4ever said:

Wow! I'm actually shocked at how many of you want a comic based War Machine & not another umpteenth MCU version. Kudos to all of you. Glad I'm not the only hard care marvel comic based fan here that doesn't collect the MCU. Thanks to the movies, Ironman is popular enough to have entire comic based waves done on & people will buy it, both MCU along with us comic based fans. Hasbro has thrown a few bones at us classic comic IM fans by giving us IM enemies Blizzard, Beetle who are pretty much C-level IM baddies along with a BAF of comic version Ironmonger.

Their poor attempt at Titanium man was just that, a poor attempt, dunno bout the rest of you but the TM I want is the late 70s version. This would make for the perfect BAF as he is 8+ ft tall. "Armor wars" Crimson Dynamo from the 80s is the version I want. Hasbro made an outstanding version of it in their 3.75 MU line, just enlarge that one to a 7' scale. Spymaster is my other most wanted IM villain. Throw in Whiplash/Blacklash as well! Classic Ghost is a must have as well.  There are a ton more of comic based IM villians  Hasbro yet to make!

True, there are a ton of IM comic characters to justify separate line. Along with all those you named don't forget about Mandarin, Melter, Controller, Guardsman, Cobalt Man, Mach X, U-Foes, Iron Heart, Maria Hill, and about 1,000 alternate armors. There's even a wealth of characters like Firepower, US Avengers' Iron Patriot, Detroit Steel and classic Mandroid (yellow) that could be BAFs. And don't expect Hasbro to pack every wave full of all the characters we want. In typical Hasbro fashion they would spread the headliners out as thinly as they can, which is fine by me. I don't mind getting all the obscure characters I can, which I'm sure most of us don't. They're sitting on an untapped resource and I just don't understand what the hold up is. There was a time when it was understandable that Spider-Man was the only character to have an ongoing and consistent line outside of the standard team lines just due to his popularity and generous cast of characters, but these days Iron Man is every bit as recognizable as Spidey, if not as popular, and his supporting cast is almost as large. At this point it's laughable that they've never even given any indication that they've explored the possibility of utilizing it. What's the hold up, guys?

Totally agree.  Ironman is as well known as Spiderman is now to the non comic crowd thanks to the MCU. Hasbro should have zero fear of an all comic based IM line fizzling. They have only done his heroic age armor in a proper 6' scale as their previous  BA IM was too small & as mentioned, skinny! BAFs can be made of classic Titanium man, classic SHIELD Mandroids & Firepower, that's 3 classic IM waves right there with 3 great characters for BAFs including 1 that is an army builder. Then you have a regular scaled army builder in classic Guardsmen. Don't forget Mauler & Sunturian.  You can also slip in other classic Avengers into an IM line such as Falcon, & Swordsman.