New Marvel Legends 6" Puma and 6 Armed Spider-Man Revealed

JayC

This weekend will be a busy one as Hasbro is attending two overseas conventions with the MCM London Comic Con and Paris Comic Con.

While the Hasbro panel at MCM isn't until Sunday, we have what already looks like a few new reveals for Marvel Legends to share with you which includes a new Spider-Man Puma figure and Six-Armed Spider-Man. Could a Man-Spider figure be far behind?

Also we have a new look at the New Warriors Night Thrasher figure which was announced at NYCC a couple weeks ago. Night Thrasher is part of the Kingpin Build-A-Figure wave, we aren't sure about Puma and 6-armed Spider-Man yet, though it does seem likely they are part of the Kingpin wave as well. A big thanks to Ben Piper on the heads up for these images that have surfaced online. Sorry we don't have a name for who originally took these (If you know who did please let us know and we will update with the proper credit). We should have some more images of these to share with you soon.

The Hasbro panel at the Paris Comic Con is slated for later this morning around 10:45am ET, so we will likely be getting some more reveals there and then as we mentioned before there is a Hasbro Marvel Legends panel at MCM is on Sunday at 8am ET.

Marvel-Legends-MCM-Day-01__scaled_350.jpg
Marvel-Legends-MCM-Day-02__scaled_350.jpg
Marvel-Legends-MCM-Day-03__scaled_350.jpg
Marvel-Legends-MCM-Day-04__scaled_350.jpg

Puma if I remember first graced the pages of Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man. He is a Native American who through his tribal ways has the ability to assume the Puma persona. I think he was a mercenary so was one of those characters that wasn't necessarily a bad guy but often found himself in conflict with Spider-Man.

Delighted for puma. Glad to get one of spideys most obscure yet classic villians / allies. Hasbro also seems to want to complete the outlaw with this sable, sandman and prowler. Will-o-wisp and rocket racer when?

Six armed spidey has been one of my most requested verion of spidey for a while but it looks like we have to sacrifice torso articulation to get this. On the bright side doppelganger is almost garaunteee now

BOOM! Another character from the more obscure corners of the Marvel Universe. Loving these reveals. Not too fond of the Six-Arm Spidey but it was inevitable and I love how they're getting into these unconventional designs. Another home run Hasbro. Nighthrasher, Puma, Silver Sable....the only thing that could make this Spidey wave any better would be a freaking Tarantula.

Another side note. Seeing that Kingpin BAF next to the other figures in the line is restoring my confidence that it's not gonna be too freakishly large. I believe some early reports mentioned that it would check in over 9 inches but though he looks much bigger than the standard figures next to him he's looking like he's actually scaling in around the same size as the Thing, which would be much better than coming in at Juggernaut dimensions. Hopefully we get some better pictures later today.

Yeah I don't know anything about Puma, but looks good. The six armed spidey... Not a big fan of its design/engineering, for some reason it looks off to me. That body at first glance when I saw it looked like the titan heroes figures that my nephew plays with. Let's hope the final product is different.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Another side note. Seeing that Kingpin BAF next to the other figures in the line is restoring my confidence that it's not gonna be too freakishly large. I believe some early reports mentioned that it would check in over 9 inches but though he looks much bigger than the standard figures next to him he's looking like he's actually scaling in around the same size as the Thing, which would be much better than coming in at Juggernaut dimensions. Hopefully we get some better pictures later today.

Kingpin is 7 1/2" tall. I measured him at NYCC. Here is a good size comparison image

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends36__scaled_800.jpg

Wel that 6 armed spidey ha to be the greates atrocity in modern marvel legends, no paint, horrendous proportion,  no ab crunch. Whoever did this at hasbro needs to be fired asap. The last time we let hasbro do this they give us the spider ham without articulation in the legs, so maybe Jay C could try to reach hasbro's ML team to let the guys know how bad this looks.

22 minutes ago, tarot said:

does anyone else find it Ironic that a figure with the most articulation in a figure for a long time is been giving out about for a lack of Articulation?

Lol, kinda. I guess it's a case of addition by subtraction. Remove one ab crunch, add 4 double jointed elbows, 4 wrist swivels with hinges and 4 shoulder rotators with hinges. To me the 6ASM has always been gimmicky at best. I'll get him cuz he's new but I've already booked him a one way ticket to the storage bin, but I can understand the frustration of the people who've been waiting for him. He is a Spider-Man after all. How many dynamic poses are you gonna be able to get him into with that straight torso posture? I count 2. Straight up and down and jumping. I'm being fescitious of course, but you get the picture. But seriously, they were able to do a Spiral back in the Dark Days without eliminating any of its already limited articulation. Of course it was a female figure so it used a diaphragm rather than ab crunch, but the arm design was pretty damn ingenious, especially for the time. On the bright side the product shown looks like a very rudimentary mock up with at least part of it being held together with clay or putty. Maybe the final product will incorporate a similar diaphragm joint like the Ragnarok Hulk BAF. The entire upper half of the body is a new mold anyway. Might as well do it right.

8 minutes ago, mako said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume there's ALOT of sarcasm happening here and it just flew over my head. We lost one lousy ab-crunch. Just from that one photo I see 3 PAIRS of ball-jointed shoulders and wrists, upper arm swivels, and double elbows. DOUBLE ELBOWS!!! Usually you giuys are screaming for those, now they're tripling up on 'em and you're still not happy?

unfortunately it not sarcasm. Some people just don't know a great thing we they see it. One thing missing and the moan. BUT at the same time you can understand why they moan. It's a catch 52.

Not familiar with Puma like alot of you but he does look interesting. The 6 arm spidey was one i was anticipating but unless this is a super prototype, it seems they are taking the Spiderham route of just using sculpted lines instead of paint which is really a dumb move imo. It cheapens the look and makes them actually look like a childrens toy. Yes this is essentially a toy to begin with but we have standards in this line. Hasbro tries to use sculpt over paint to cheapen the price. Spiderham sort of makes sense to do it with, hes smaller so its not as noticeable, but with spidey, it just looks super weird. Also cant wait for a doppleganger! Now that they have the sculpt, doppleganger and manspider are not that far behind thanks to their reuse of parts!

Never been a fan of either Puma or especially a 6 armed Spidey, but glad for those of you that are. Storm collectables just did an awesome 4 armed MK fig & he has mid torso POA, I think Hasbro could have done the same with this Spidey. It just looks more like a Happy meals toy with the straight up non articulated torso. The ab torso POA is one of the most important aspects of an 'action" figure to me.  All you're gonna be able to get outta this fig is 2-3 action poses at best.  Hope we see a classic Tarantula fig soon! Classic Scorpion as well. Those are my 2 most wanted classic Spidey villians that Hasbro has yet to do.

Whoa they added sculpted lines again to Spidey?!?! That’s awesome! But they removed the ab crunch. *sad* but I guess I could understand why. Maybe the arms took up so much room that they couldn’t fit it in there? (Which is weird because I’ve seen customizers do this same thing with an crunch.) But I’m still happy to get it.

Puma! Wow I would have never expected him! But great addition nonetheless I love new and crazy characters we haven’t  gotten before in legends!