Marvel Legends Vintage 6" Vision Figure Video Review & Image Gallery

JayC

42 minutes ago, lotr52 said:

Its available now on BBTS but I haven't seen any in stores yet I live in PA so don't know about the rest of the country or Canada.

Hey brother! I live in Pittsburgh. What part of PA are you in? Even around the city it seems like it takes forever for us to get the newer marvel legends   

Stoked that Hasbro finally made the most requested version of Vision which is his classic FA look, but they really dropped the ball by not giving him alternate open hands. Now I gotta look for open hands to paint yellow for him. Painting the thighs Yellow to simulate a swim trunk look was not well thought out imo. Gonna have to do a repaint on that as well. Instead of an Ultron head, Hasbro shoulda cut out the Spiderman clone fig that really didn't even go with this Avengers themed Vintage wave & just done a classic Ultron figure in comic accurate colors.

• 3 weeks later...

I got this awesome fig 2 weeks ago at GS during the 25% off sale. I immediately primed & painted a set of open hands I had just ordered online from a seller in China. He was selling 10 sets of open ML male hands for like $4 shipped. I also swapped out his lower legs with a Dr Strange fig for some added hgt but kept his feet.  Now my Vizh is more to my liking.

DSCF7615.JPG

DSCF7620.JPG

DSCF7621.JPG

DSCF7623.JPG

DSCF7629.JPG

DSCF7638.JPG

17 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

I got this awesome fig 2 weeks ago at GS during the 25% off sale. I immediately primed & painted a set of open hands I had just ordered online from a seller in China. He was selling 10 sets of open ML male hands for like $4 shipped. I also swapped out his lower legs with a Dr Strange fig for some added hgt but kept his feet.  Now my Vizh is more to my liking.

DSCF7615.JPG

DSCF7620.JPG

DSCF7621.JPG

DSCF7623.JPG

DSCF7629.JPG

DSCF7638.JPG

Nice man! Lol I did the same thing!  Still waiting for those damn hands though. Takes forever from there. 

On 11/12/2018 at 7:42 PM, Gmen4ever said:

DSCF7615.JPG

DSCF7620.JPG

DSCF7621.JPG

DSCF7623.JPG

DSCF7629.JPG

DSCF7638.JPG

Great photos! And great paint job on the hands too! What type of sealant do you use to keep the paint from rubbing off the joints?

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:08 AM, Gmen4ever said:

Stoked that Hasbro finally made the most requested version of Vision which is his classic FA look, but they really dropped the ball by not giving him alternate open hands. Now I gotta look for open hands to paint yellow for him. Painting the thighs Yellow to simulate a swim trunk look was not well thought out imo. Gonna have to do a repaint on that as well. Instead of an Ultron head, Hasbro shoulda cut out the Spiderman clone fig that really didn't even go with this Avengers themed Vintage wave & just done a classic Ultron figure in comic accurate colors.

I like the colours they chose- I would've gone with a bigger body buck than this, though (the last one used in the 3pack would've worked). Also, the Vision has distinctive ear "cups" and this figure doesn't show that; the cape collar should've been a tad larger and of course the classic cord around the neck is missing. Where they really blew it was the "belt"- instead of molding an actual belt like, say, the upcoming Thrasher fig, they just painted it on. Wow, how cheap....it looks more like a corset than anything else. The lines on the belt are wrong as well; theyre not just 3 straight vertical lines. Then we have the awful boots. The Vision's boots are pointed to the knee- they painted them on, but didn't mold them and it looks really silly and cheap. DC's figures like the Batman or Hawkman have pointed boots. Even their latest Black Manta has them (although in the comics he just wears leggings). Bottom line is, we don't have an accurate classic Vision here, though they came close. It really irks me, as we know Hasbro can do a good job when they want to. If you look at Omega Red, Rogue, Mysterio, even Shatterstar (!) they did it correctly, so why flub the Vision?

Major reason was that in the "vintage" line, they re-use previous bucks that were used for previous versions of the Vision so they were not gonna make a new buck specifically for the Vizh with detailed sculpting for the areas you mentioned, I hear you on this but as you said, they came really close with this & the facts are that this may be the final comic based classic Vision we ever get. For the most part, classic Vision has a basic generic costume that really didn't require detailed sculpting.

They modified both Iron Man and the Punisher in this line, so they could have done the same for the Vision. There's no excuse outside of laziness. They gave Black Panther a totally new head sculpt (which isn't even vintage- that's the modern day version). They came up with new boots for Iron Man that haven't been seen anywhere before or since. They could easily have given him the correct belt instead of painting up a damn girdle; Im not asking for a total re-do, I'm saying they have the tools and skills to make his outfit accurate, and they didn't.

6 hours ago, Atlantis said:

They modified both Iron Man and the Punisher in this line, so they could have done the same for the Vision. There's no excuse outside of laziness. They gave Black Panther a totally new head sculpt (which isn't even vintage- that's the modern day version). They came up with new boots for Iron Man that haven't been seen anywhere before or since. They could easily have given him the correct belt instead of painting up a damn girdle; Im not asking for a total re-do, I'm saying they have the tools and skills to make his outfit accurate, and they didn't.

Iron Man used tooling for slimmer boots and gloves that was shown off at a convention way back in, like, 2010 for a version that was made for Iron Man 2 or the Iron Man line that followed but ended up not being released, and when the figure was eventually released in 2012 it used thicker boots and gloves; this figure just gave us the boots and gloves that were obviously already tooled for but never released.

The Punisher might have entirely newly sculpted the rocket launcher, as I can not find a time it was used before, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Panther is basically the pink-lined Vibranium Panther Walmart exclusive from 2017 (yes, they released 2 Walmart exclusive Black Panthers that year) just painted all black, including the head sculpt.

So, the only even possibly new tooling was the rocket launcher for Punisher.

Again, not talking about totally new tooling- I pointed out they can and have modified parts for figures and could easily have done so here.  Its not an issue of tooling or costs; Mysterio's gloves are unique, Omega Red's boots are as well. If tooling or costs were that big of an issue, then those figures wouldn't have gotten the detail they have. All said, the latest Vision isn't a bad figure, it just could have been done better.

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Again, not talking about totally new tooling- I pointed out they can and have modified parts for figures and could easily have done so here.  Its not an issue of tooling or costs; Mysterio's gloves are unique, Omega Red's boots are as well. If tooling or costs were that big of an issue, then those figures wouldn't have gotten the detail they have. All said, the latest Vision isn't a bad figure, it just could have been done better.

I'm talking entirely about the vintage waves and how they almost entirely reuse parts and don't make new sculpts or modify previous ones, to a far greater extent than normal waves.  Of course this year's Mysterio and Omega Red had new unique parts, they weren't in a vintage wave.  These vintage waves seem to be a way to basically get out classic versions of characters inexpensively with more reused parts than normal, at least partly to free up a little bit of space in normal waves for more obscure characters or different costumes for characters.  That's why last year's vintage wave's Black Widow reused the TRU 2-pack Mary Jane head, why this year's Wasp reused Domino's head, why this year's Ant-Man reused the Walgreens Black Ant head, and so on.

EDIT: actually, just realized that Vintage Punisher uses the rocket launcher from GOTG Vol. 2 Drax, so, even that's reuse.