2018 Paris Comic Con Hasbro Panel

JayC

34 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Another Iron Man/Avengers foe to go with Living Laser. Now what about Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man?

I'm not expecting either of them if for no other reason than the size and lack of reuse potential. They're pretty large characters that require a lot of new sculpting and tooling that might not be cost effective given their relative lack of prominence in the grand scheme of things.

I've noticed that a lot of these C-tier villains Hasbro has been getting out tend to be pretty light on new sculpting aside from heads and maybe hands. Maybe an upscaling of the 3.75 inch Dynamo.

989eee0a1d6778459662031fcc863938-product

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their Kree Sentry has zero re-use so I don't think that excuse can fly. Plus classic comic accurate versions of CD/TM would sell. TM can be the BAF in an IM wave due to him being a pretty huge enhanced Russian encased in armor. CD is not a giant of a character, Colossus, Omega Red are bigger than him in the comics. Easily fit as a single carded fig.

Titanium man vs Ironman.png

crimson dynamo Vs Cap.jpg

8 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Their Kree Sentry has zero re-use so I don't think that excuse can fly.

The Kree Sentry is only getting made because it's a BAF for a movie that is coming out. If Hasbro ever decides to do another Iron Man Legends wave maybe they'd consider, but the last one was in 2013. 

As for reuse potential, several people have observed that the Sentry has parts and schooling that could be used for an MVC Sentinel should they ever wanna do one for the Gamerverse banner. 

Think Loki will be in an Avengers wave & GG for some reason in the MCU Cap Marvel wave.

IM is popular enough to make comic based waves such as the one he had in 2013. Hasbro cheaped out on that wave by re-releasing the skinny classic IM figs & just rehashing the TM buck with new head sculpt for Ultron. Ironmonger was the only new sculpt in that line along with Heroic age IM which to date is their best comic based IM in the Hasbro line.  Buffer Classic BA Ironman is so over due with alternate pointy mask head sculpt!

iron_man_classic_armor.thumb.jpg.aa8c92476aa4e65e6c2440e555f23aaf.jpg

Ironman by Bob Layton 2.jpg

IRON MAN George Perez.jpg

I’m happy to finally get this Loki, but I’m not terrible thrilled or waiting on the edge of my seat for any of the rest. I’ll probably only buy Loki and Grey Gargoyle. And actually probably the young Nick Fury For the suit body. But it’s saving me some cash. I see both sides to the Loki detail argument. I’d love to see some sculpted chainmail and shading but I also understand that this is a $20 a figure line which is an EXCELLENT price for the quality and variety we get. 

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

I wanted Vintage Vision to come with extra open hands but no dice. Just gotta get me some open hands to customize into Vizh hands.  I just ordered a batch of ML 6' scale open & closed blank male hands from China for $4 each about 2 weeks ago, , should be getting them next week. 10 sets of each, gonna see which of the figs in my collection can use alternates of open/closed hands & paint them to their proper matching colors & put em on.

What site did you order those hands from?

6 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Yep. Cracks me up how some find the classic comic based Loki "dull" when it's based off his original comic based outfit. MCU movies really did a number on the non comic crowd.  This is the Loki I've been waiting yrs to get. And another "Master of evil " member whom I had just about given up on ever being done in 6' scale, Grey Gargoyle, is made! Yesssssssss!  Classic Loki just means that a classic version of his big step Bro, Thor is right around the corner.  Now I'm hoping that Hasbro reveals classic superpowered Count Nefaria at their show in Italy.

Grey Gargoyle vs Avengers..jpg

Grey Gargoyle vs Ms Marvel.jpg

count__nefaria_vs_wonderman.jpg

Count-Nefaria.jpg

If they keep the theme reveals that is a possibility. I pointed that out way back when these conventions were announced. 

Very happy to see Loki and Grey Gargoyle, just wanted to say wow i feel About Hasbro Marvel Series. I think Hasbro should definitely divided into 2 different series! ML Series (Comic) ML Series and finally all MCU Marvel Legends 20th anniversary should be in one wave! The idea of mixing figures ( Comic & MCU ) to build a figure is Annoying the h*ll out of me, I only Collect Comic Heroes & Villains Only! I got no problem with Movie figures the idea of some of them being at a higher price $24.99 while the other mcu figures that aren't movie like gets the good old $19.99 ( Price may vary per States & Countries ) That's why i stop collecting MCU the only mcu figure i will Accept Any Netflix Luke Cage ML still Hasbro gives a non-exclusive one, hopes of that coming true is a negative % 

This Loki looks just like the 3.75” one from the Marvel Universe line. I loved that little guy but eventually sold him off with his frost giant buddy because I don’t collect in that scale. I’m glad to see Hasbro doing him up in 6”. I’m not gonna lie though, I kinda wish they were doing him on the thinner Spidey buck instead.

Grey Gargoyle is a figure that wasn’t even on my radar but now that I think about it, he’s a great classic character who has been a villain for many an Avenger. I like the specalled “rocky” deco and the cape looks well done. I’m trying to remember if we’ve seen those lower legs before... maybe on Shatterstar? *shrug*

15 hours ago, Satam said:

It's cool that they're making Grey Gargoyle, and I really want to get excited about it, but the plastic on that figure looks damn near translucent in spots.  I'm hoping it's just a bad picture, but the stone effect is awful on that thing.

Pretty sure that is indeed semi translucent plastic. I think they are trying to go for a cement like effect with it. Its neither bad nor good to me. Its not the effect I imagine him to look like but hey its a grey gargoyle figure, one we ll probably not get again for decades so I ll take what I can get. 

8 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Pretty sure that is indeed semi translucent plastic. I think they are trying to go for a cement like effect with it. Its neither bad nor good to me. Its not the effect I imagine him to look like but hey its a grey gargoyle figure, one we ll probably not get again for decades so I ll take what I can get. 

I wish they had applied a more Matte finish instead of that glossy look. Will have to do it myself once I get him in hand. If they were going for a "cement" like effect, it failed.

1 hour ago, Satam said:

But you can't see through cement.

You cant see through this figure either. I think I should rephrase what I meant, I think they are trying to go for a WET cement like effect with it. Again I dont really feel like this is how I view how GG should look as the plastic also looks very glossy which I picture GG as to almost look like a statue in his effect.