Retro Wave 3 Wish List

BradMan

I know the Retro Wave 2 hasn’t really hit yet, but with so many gaps in the classic line up being closed it’s hard not to start thinking about what else is left to complete.

That being said, what “classic” figures would you want to see in a Retro Wave 3?

For me it would be:

- Thor (classic on Odinson buck)

- Hulk (retool or similar size to gladiator Hulk from Ragnarok)

- Falcon (red and white)

- Doctor Strange (classic)

- Ms. Marvel (classic red and blue - assuming we don’t get it in the Captain Marvel movie wave)

- Doctor Doom

1 minute ago, watanabefan said:

Not so much a wish, but I strongly suspect we'll be getting a rerelease of the Rocket Raccoon wave Jean Grey to go with the rest of the recent Jim Lee/animated X-Men. Maybe with a ponytail headsculpt.

Jean-Grey-x-men-90s-tv-series-23450585-2

Wouldn't be a bad idea

Updated 90s Jean Grey

Moon Knight (all white/silver)

Dr. Doom

As for the rest of the slots, I'm fine with anything else.  I'd add Quasar, but I don't want a classic one, I'd prefer an Annihlators styled one, so that can wait for a future GotG wave.

*Sigh* Guys, guys, guys. You are all missing the point of what the Vintage line is. It is not just giving us classic versions of characters. It is much more about releasing repaints and kitbashes of figures that people have had a hard time getting. On pretty packaging.  I think @BradMan got it mostly right but alot of what he listed has to be resculpted which is not what the Vintage line is about. 

BUT!!!!! I love what you guys are suggesting. We need everyone of them

18 hours ago, tarot said:

*Sigh* Guys, guys, guys. You are all missing the point of what the Vintage line is. It is not just giving us classic versions of characters. It is much more about releasing repaints and kitbashes of figures that people have had a hard time getting. On pretty packaging.  I think @BradMan got it mostly right but alot of what he listed has to be resculpted which is not what the Vintage line is about. 

BUT!!!!! I love what you guys are suggesting. We need everyone of them

I though it was to give us Classic versions inspired by the old Toy Biz Marvel heroes line.

27 minutes ago, tarot said:

That part of the reason only a small part though. It is mostly reselling older figures.

It can't be a small part when that is what the line is homaging/about, right down to the packaging. Yes they are using older figures but if they were really interested in selling old figures they would be straight on re-releases, like the Best of MCU waves they did

I'm not sure giving the wasp a new head/hair and part new paint reselling an old figure. Similarly some come with extra accessories that didn't come with the original (granted others came with much less)

9 minutes ago, leokearon said:

It can't be a small part when that is what the line is homaging/about, right down to the packaging. Yes they are using older figures but if they were really interested in selling old figures they would be straight on re-releases, like the Best of MCU waves they did

I'm not sure giving the wasp a new head/hair and part new paint reselling an old figure. Similarly some come with extra accessories that didn't come with the original (granted others came with much less)

That wasp was basically a repaint of the older one with Domino's head. That ant-man also came in a MU set from a few years back.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I loved the last wave as we got the best version of classic figure ever for each of them. All I'm saying is don't expect Hasbro to resculpted anything for this line and expect them to repaint and kitbash everything.

For example, using the requested Classic Adam Warlock, that would be a simple thing of repainting the previous one and using the staff from the Red Hulk wave one and the same cape. 

Or the Pheonix 2-pack Cyclops could be painted into many of his older or newer version like FA, X-factor etc.

Someone "new" for Hasbro like Julia Carpenter Spider-woman could easily just be a repaint of Jessica Drew classic version. 

See what I mean? 

13 hours ago, tarot said:

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I loved the last wave as we got the best version of classic figure ever for each of them. All I'm saying is don't expect Hasbro to resculpted anything for this line and expect them to repaint and kitbash everything.

For example, using the requested Classic Adam Warlock, that would be a simple thing of repainting the previous one and using the staff from the Red Hulk wave one and the same cape. 

Or the Pheonix 2-pack Cyclops could be painted into many of his older or newer version like FA, X-factor etc.

Someone "new" for Hasbro like Julia Carpenter Spider-woman could easily just be a repaint of Jessica Drew classic version. 

See what I mean? 

Now I want a X-Factor Cyclops, Hasbro could even do a running change

ThisBeing that the retro wave 3  is supposedly going to be an X-Men wave,  i’m going to stick to X men for this. Some that I would’ve put on here, like Mystique, are already coming out so  I left them off:

90’s Jean Grey ( which I think is very likely)

X-Factor Cyclops ( we’re probably getting the classic Blue as a redo of the Phoenix 2-pack)

Classic Angel  ( this is another one that could use the Adam warlock mold repainted with some added feather wings)

Magneto (certainly)

classic Beast (easily done using the all new X-Men beast)

Quicksilver (Brotherhood costume. We may be getting this in the Magneto/Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver 3-pack)

Black costume classic Storm (This  wouldn’t be hard to do with just a new head sculpt)

If there is going to be an X-men wave

1. Cyclops with alt Scott Summers head and X-Factor running  change
2. 90's Jean Grey with alt Pont Tail head
3. Tiger Stripe Wolverine with alt Logan Head and Katana
4. Classic Angel with Blue/Red running change
5. Classic Magneto with recoloured Polaris effects
6. Classic Colossus with interchangeable hands

Ohhh good call on the Wolverine extras. Damn how’d I miss Collosus?!  Great list. 

14 minutes ago, leokearon said:

If there is going to be an X-men wave

1. Cyclops with alt Scott Summers head and X-Factor running  change
2. 90's Jean Grey with alt Pont Tail head
3. Tiger Stripe Wolverine with alt Logan Head and Katana
4. Classic Angel with Blue/Red running change
5. Classic Magneto with recoloured Polaris effects
6. Classic Colossus with interchangeable hands

A long list, I know...but lots of things to choose from if Hasbro is looking! :D

1. Classic Scarlet Witch, to go with the new Classic Vision! (All she'd need is a new tiara and a slight mod of Storms boots).

2. Captain Mar-vell in his red and blue outfit. (Oh please Hasbro make this happen!)

3. Classic Storm!!!!!!!!!!

5. Classic Moondragon

6. Nova (Frankie Raye)

7. Classic Northstar

8. Classic Aurora

9. Deathurge (this kitbash is so ridiculously easy I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet!)

10. Captain Britain (version 2/ Excalibur issue 1)

11. Doc Sampson version 1

12. Enforcer (again, suuuuuuper easy kitbash)

13. Guardsman

14. Jocasta (they could just paint on the details imo)

15. Ms Marvel (Sharon Ventura/ orange and blue costume)

16. Firelord

17. Mephisto

18. Marina

19. Snowbird

20. Jack'O Lantern

44 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Well properly Logan should have a weird gun, but they missed out on the Katana when they did the Orange and Tan Logan..

I know and  i’ve been looking for someone trying to sell a Mezco Muramasa sword by itself ever since lol.