2018 MCM London Comic Con - Hasbro Marvel Panel

JayC

We are bringing you coverage of the Hasbro Star Wars and Marvel panel taking place at the MCM London Comic Con. We are trying to live-stream of the panel below. We will also be updating this post with information about any new reveals made during the panel for Marvel.

The folks on the ground are having wifi issues so the live stream may not happen.

Sorry Internet at MCM is not good so we will update as we are able.

So far they are just going over things for Star Wars that have already been revealed at previous conventions including the Black Series Padme that was announced on Friday during the Paris Comic Con.

Live stream video via Fantha Tracks and images via projectpipercust

Newly announced - 3.75" Vintage Collection R2-D2 using a modified Build-A-Droid sculpt with removable 3rd leg for Vintage Collection. Will be on Episode IV cardback. 6" Black Series Battle Droid Announced.

Marvel portion is starting now. Going over already announced product.

Talking about the MCU Ten Year line now.

Now talking about the Role-Play Infinity Gauntlet. Kevin Feige loves it. Also talk about the Black Panther helmet that are doing for the Marvel legends role-play line.

Second Marvel Legends Black Panther movie wave will be out by the end of the year. This is the wave with Klaw we first saw at SDCC.

Talking about the Captain Marvel wave which they fully revealed on Friday at the Paris Comic Con.

Now talking about the Spider-Man Kingpin Build-A-Figure wave which includes Modern Symbiote Spider-Man, Red Goblin, Black Cat, Silver Sable and Night Thrasher. They have 2 more figures they say they will reveal next week at the LUCA Comic Con next weekend. Could that be Puma and 6 armed Spider-Man on Friday in error?

Talking about Mystique but still not confirming it will be a Walgreens exclusive.

Newly announced for the UK fan - Marvel Legends Union Jack and Citizen V from Thunderbolts. See images below. These will be part of Avengers Assortment. Other Avengers figures previously revealed include Hercules, Living Laser,Beta Ray Bill, Classic Loki and Nighthawk. This is not a wave though. There will be movie based figures. These are likely all the comic book based Avengers figures coming next year for the next 2 wave.

No one in the audience seem to know who Citizen V was. Was dead quit when they announced him.

Now to X-Men. New Jim Lee Beast announced for Marvel Legends X-Men wave.

Panel ended. Check back soon for images of the new reveals on display at the Hasbro booth at MCM.

Marvel-Legends-Beast.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Beast-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Citizen-V.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Citizen-V-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Union-Jack.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Union-Jack01.jpg

Unknown-Avengers-Assortment.jpg

Hasbro you fecking Bastards. you always do this. You always put out less then exciting figure and blast us with awesome reveals. 

I was literally looking at my Cap shelf and saying that they need to update Union Jack. 

Glad to have another Thunderbolts figure. Could Atlas be a possible BAF?

I never in my life thought Hasbro could beat Toybiz's Beast but not only do they to that but they added articulation that I never thought they would. Is that Toe joint and Butterfly joints?! the only thing I want now we a calm swappable head for him as I prefer my jolly Beast rather then my raging one.

Hell yeah!  That Beast looks great with awesome articulation!  Hoping for another head as well. That is hilarious about the crickets for Citizen V!! Hahaha. Can’t say I know him myself. I bet six-armed Spidey and Puma are the remaining 2 in that Kingpin wave. 

2 minutes ago, JayC said:

So looks like the Puma and 6-Armed Spider-Man were meant to be revealed at the LUCA comic con next weekend, DOH!

Hahaha like I said-someone’s fired. Ouch. That is too funny about the crickets for Citizen V!  What a choice to make that guy with so many better choices. 

Beast looks amazing, and Union Jack is cool and all, but CITIZEN V!!!! I have been wanting this figure since '97 and I'm so glad they're making him in his original look. The cape looks like it will limit the arm movement but I'm so happy to be getting this figure I don't care!

It's great to see Beast finally!  With toe articulation? Damn that figure is looking very cool!  I also would like to see an alternate head with glasses. For the other figures I don't really care much, but is always nice when Hasbro put new figures.  I have read Thunderbolts way back when they first appeared. Citizen V looks well done. 

15 minutes ago, JKenbok said:

Hahaha like I said-someone’s fired. Ouch. That is too funny about the crickets for Citizen V!  What a choice to make that guy with so many better choices. 

We are long overdue for a Citizen V figure (but those crickets cut me to the core), especially with Songbird being made earlier this year (although technically that version of her never appeared with the classic Citizen V). In conclusion I am so happy this guy is being made!!!

1 minute ago, joenubb said:

We are long overdue for a Citizen V figure (but those crickets cut me to the core), especially with Songbird being made earlier this year (although technically that version of her never appeared with the classic Citizen V). In conclusion I am so happy this guy is being made!!!

Don’t get me wrong I’m honestly happy for the people who are into him. I think that is the whole point-Hasbro trying to make everyone happy and doing it across continents as well. 

19 minutes ago, tarot said:

It for the thunderbolts. They will slowly be making them

In that case we desperately need a new red hulk and a red costumed Punisher would be awesome too. There’s been so many thunderbolt members though it’s like pick your line-up you know?

2 minutes ago, JKenbok said:

In that case we desperately need a new red hulk and a red costumed Punisher would be awesome too. There’s been so many thunderbolt members though it’s like pick your line-up you know?

Wrong team. It like saying the classic champions with herc and black widow is the same team as the champions team with ms marvel and miles morales

4 minutes ago, JKenbok said:

Don’t get me wrong I’m honestly happy for the people who are into him. I think that is the whole point-Hasbro trying to make everyone happy and doing it across continents as well. 

I agree about the cross continent promotion. During the Canadian Con last month they reveal Guardian, leader of the Canadian super team Alpha Flight, this month they reveal the French villain, Grey Gargoyle, at the Paris Con, now we get Union Jack in London. Am I missing anything else? Oh, also right before they announced Nighthawk they put out a free downloadable issue on the Marvel Comics app. I love how Marvel and Hasbro is handling their roll outs. It's a lot of fun and clever. 

If they ever do a Israel Con I'll be expecting a Sabra figure! 

5 minutes ago, tarot said:

Wrong team. It like saying the classic champions with herc and black widow is the same team as the champions team with ms marvel and miles morales

No I know. That’s what I’m saying. Depends what line-up you want to see made. 

9 minutes ago, joenubb said:

I agree about the cross continent promotion. During the Canadian Con last month they reveal Guardian, leader of the Canadian super team Alpha Flight, this month they reveal the French villain, Grey Gargoyle, at the Paris Con, now we get Union Jack in London. Am I missing anything else? Oh, also right before they announced Nighthawk they put out a free downloadable issue on the Marvel Comics app. I love how Marvel and Hasbro is handling their roll outs. It's a lot of fun and clever. 

If they ever do a Israel Con I'll be expecting a Sabra figure! 

Exactly!  Couldn’t have said it better. I love it. Very very clever. 

Lol, dead quiet for Citizen V. I'm dying right now. And all these so called "nerds" call themselves fans. Good for you Hasbro, and good for us! Union Jack is no surprise for me, though I was holding out for some Excalibur tied in product, but I'm happy with Jack. He did need it. As far as the Beast, I'm speechless (for once), I'm breathless. Once again, win for Hasbro, win for us. This reveal was far superior to the Paris reveal.

8 minutes ago, HyperPoseable said:

That beast looks totally awesome! New mold? Butterfly hinges? Toe articulation? Paint apps? It must be a BAF I can't believe this is going to be released as a regular figure.

Yeah they totally did right by beast. Looks like he’s getting the articulation he deserves. 

3 hours ago, HumanTorch said:

Yes Beast!!!! Thank god I didn’t purchase the Select one. I’m also glad to see Union Jack

Yeah this Legends one puts that Select beast to shame! Haha to bad for diamond but great for Hasbro! I hope they put him in 2 per case though because you know he’s gonna be the most sought out character before any other character in the wave.