90's/Jim Lee Beast!!!!

Rukkdeez

We're getting a Jim Lee/90's Beast and he's looking pretty good! This thing has interchangeable hands, butterfly joints, double jointed elbows and (what?!?) toe articulation. They also revealed Union Jack (I'm sure a big pass for a lotta folks), and Citizen V (aka Baron Helmut Zemo) from the original Thunderbolts. They also made official the 1st wave lineup :Beast, Blink, Bonecrusher, Forge, Gambit, Jubilee and Weapon X (Caliban BAF). So 3 Jim Lee/90's X-Men crossed off. 

By the way, Puma and "6 Arm" Spider-Man were revealed accidentally and removed,because they are to be officially revealed next week at the LUCCA convention.

Blue team done. Well done Hasbro. didn't think you would get them done this fast. Gold team next. who do we need? Jim Lee's Storm and a new Jean Grey, John Bryne's Colossus and a new blocky Iceman.

and @Rukkdeez, this isn't aimed at you but people in generally, *Rant Incoming* would people please stop calling this Jim Lee's  Beast?! It not Jim Lee's Wolverine, Gambit, Colossus, Bishop, Iceman or Archangel!!! They were designed by other artist. Hell the only thing Jim Lee designed were the women and Cyclops.

42 minutes ago, tarot said:

...would people please stop calling this Jim Lee's  Beast?!

Ha! Glad to know someone else shares this sentiment. Nothing against Lee, or anything, but if I'm not mistaken John Byrne was the first to depict Beast in his furry, blue, Speedo-clad state. No?

Frankly, I'm just glad they didn't go with cat-face Beast. Not a fan of that look.

41 minutes ago, logandelanoche said:

..., I may just cry a little lol

I may have already. :blush:

WOW, I did not expect to see Beast as the final reveal for the next X-Men wave. This makes me really HAPPY!!!!!!!! I thought we were going to have to wait a whole other year again. I am buying the whole case when it goes up for pre-order. Now I just would like to see Jim Lee Storm, Jean Grey redone, Colossus, IceMan, Banshee, Longshot, and a Rachel Grey. Also do Pyro redo and Avalanche and maybe an 80's style Dazzler wearing that brown jacket and Firestar. Also forgot Nightcrawler.

4 hours ago, tarot said:

Blue team done. Well done Hasbro. didn't think you would get them done this fast. Gold team next. who do we need? Jim Lee's Storm and a new Jean Grey, John Bryne's Colossus and a new blocky Iceman.

and @Rukkdeez, this isn't aimed at you but people in generally, *Rant Incoming* would people please stop calling this Jim Lee's  Beast?! It not Jim Lee's Wolverine, Gambit, Colossus, Bishop, Iceman or Archangel!!! They were designed by other artist. Hell the only thing Jim Lee designed were the women and Cyclops.

Yeah exactly. Thank you!!Loke he said  just call it 90s Beast. No need to go Jim Lee this or Jim Lee that Haha

Everybody’s going a little over board with the ‘Jim Lee’ name and I don’t even think they know exactly what they’re calling what. Haha

1 hour ago, Falls22 said:

Yeah exactly. Thank you!!Loke he said  just call it 90s Beast. No need to go Jim Lee this or Jim Lee that Haha

Everybody’s going a little over board with the ‘Jim Lee’ name and I don’t even think they know exactly what they’re calling what. Haha

Why does it matter what the hell we call them? So what? It's just a description of the time frame. Technically the team is the Blue team but we all know it effectionately as Jim Lee's team because it was the team he put together for the book custom made for him by Marvel when he and the other 6 guys made them cave into their demands and then bolted to create Image anyway. Hell Leifeld made a damn nationally brodcasted Levi's commercial pimping himself as the creator of X-Force and nobody seemed to care. Nobody cares that he still brags that he's the creator of Deadpool. All he did was draw the lines. The character, the attitude, the story that we know as Deadpool was fleshed out by Fabian Nicieza, not Liefeld. If we're gonna allow Liefeld to be the creator of Deadpool based on the fact that he provided the art work, why can't we call this Beast who is clearly based off a specific artists work, who happens to be Jim Lee in this case, a name that identifies it as such? When you say Jim Lee's X-Men there is absolutely no question who you're talking about. On the other hand, if you talk X-Men Blue team you could either be talking the 90's team or the current Blue Team. Ya, maybe Lee doesn't deserve the reverence because of what he and the others did, which is why I'm sure it bothers so many people, but as long as you know what they're talking about, what does it matter. Are we gonna make a list of allowable terminology now?

Dissing Union Jack with a " assuming he's a big pass for most folks" is being pretty presumptuous , don't ya think. He is a a founding member of the WWII team the "Invaders" along with Cap, Namor, the android Human Torch, his sidekick Toro &  Spitfire I believe her name was.  So yeah, many an " Invaders" fan will be wanting him for that team.

Invaders_Vol_1_20.jpg

7 hours ago, tarot said:

I 150% agree. Wolverine himself was wearing the tiger stripe costume (with that mask) in the 70's!  The same goes for the Beast. I think it's thought of as "Jim Lee" because he was the 1st to play the "no pupils" game. I used the "Jim Lee" term merely to serve as an "identifier" because so many (erroneously) refer to these characters as such. It's why I said 90's/Jim Lee. You're absolutely right though.

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

Dissing Union Jack with a " assuming he's a big pass for most folks" is being pretty presumptuous , don't ya think. He is a a founding member of the WWII team the "Invaders" along with Cap, Namor, the android Human Torch, his sidekick Toro &  Spitfire I believe her name was.  So yeah, many an " Invaders" fan will be wanting him for that team.

Invaders_Vol_1_20.jpg

Uhhhh no I DON'T think it's "presumptuous". Why? Because history has shown  obscure characters while sought, purchased and collected by true fans and genuine collectors, the rest usually peg warm, or must I list figs to prove my point? I'M getting him, not because I'm a fan, or even for whatever BAF may come, but because I'm a neurotic completionist. How many out there are like me? Maybe more than I think, but less than you imagine.

47 minutes ago, KiloinNorcal said:

You guys are silly about arguing this particular X-team being referred as the Jim Lee team. Lee is just a reference to any character from the popular cartoon series , as he was prominent in the rebooted X-Men comic at the time which the cartoon was based of of. No need to get technical..

I agree.

1 hour ago, Rukkdeez said:

Uhhhh no I DON'T think it's "presumptuous". Why? Because history has shown  obscure characters while sought, purchased and collected by true fans and genuine collectors, the rest usually peg warm, or must I list figs to prove my point? I'M getting him, not because I'm a fan, or even for whatever BAF may come, but because I'm a neurotic completionist. How many out there are like me? Maybe more than I think, but less than you imagine.

Bingo. I think it's wonderful that Hasbro is willing to give such a wide and diverse array of characters when it's obvious that a lot of them aren't gonna be lighting the sales charts on fire.

3 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

Those obscure characters are hot sellers outta the gate, but they almost always certainly cool down in the later restocking. There's a lot of consideration that goes into the selection of these lesser known characters, the biggest factor being that they're almost always easy repaints of existing molds. They're all mostly fillers to spread out all the major players as long as possible. All us "serious" collectors will snatch em up but once that demographic has been fulfilled they will stagnate, but the cost is minimalized as no added costs, aside from some head sculpts, were spent on creating the figure.

The only reason "obscure' characters would stagnate is due to the latest generation not being avid comic book collectors as they would much rather just watch an MCU movie or play a  Marvel based video game with only A-listers in it. Comic book fans & "completionist" will get Union Jack & then should he ever appear in the MCU, then all the non comic book fans will be rushing to try & buy him on ebay when he then shoots up to $50+. UJ got created in 76' as part of the Marvel UK universe along with Cap Britain, & a few other British characters. Sad that todays crowd only knows MCU & 90s X-Men toons.

My philosophy- let people call it whatever they want. If you know the real deal, awesome!  If you want to kindly let people know where they’re mistaken, cool. It’s so easy to wanna bash someone using terminology like “Jim Lee style” incorrectly because we see people as posers or wannabe’s or whatever but who cares?  We didn’t all know everything from the get go. We pick things up as we go. I do wish more people read the comics and creators got credit where credit is due but everyone has their own thing, and we all figure things out little by little. 

20 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

The only reason "obscure' characters would stagnate is due to the latest generation not being avid comic book collectors as they would much rather just watch an MCU movie or play a  Marvel based video game with only A-listers in it. Comic book fans & "completionist" will get Union Jack & then should he ever appear in the MCU, then all the non comic book fans will be rushing to try & buy him on ebay when he then shoots up to $50+. UJ got created in 76' as part of the Marvel UK universe along with Cap Britain, & a few other British characters. Sad that todays crowd only knows MCU & 90s X-Men toons.

I do agree with all this. It’s sad cause you don’t want things to be dropped or fade into obscurity. Everyone get Marvel Unlimited!  It’s the best way to read up on all the old comics you might’ve missed and you can carry it with you everywhere. But Like I said earlier everyone is onto their own thing. I’m cool with not everyone knowing it all. 

9 hours ago, monron999 said:

Why does it matter what the hell we call them? So what? It's just a description of the time frame. Technically the team is the Blue team but we all know it effectionately as Jim Lee's team because it was the team he put together for the book custom made for him by Marvel when he and the other 6 guys made them cave into their demands and then bolted to create Image anyway. Hell Leifeld made a damn nationally brodcasted Levi's commercial pimping himself as the creator of X-Force and nobody seemed to care. Nobody cares that he still brags that he's the creator of Deadpool. All he did was draw the lines. The character, the attitude, the story that we know as Deadpool was fleshed out by Fabian Nicieza, not Liefeld. If we're gonna allow Liefeld to be the creator of Deadpool based on the fact that he provided the art work, why can't we call this Beast who is clearly based off a specific artists work, who happens to be Jim Lee in this case, a name that identifies it as such? When you say Jim Lee's X-Men there is absolutely no question who you're talking about. On the other hand, if you talk X-Men Blue team you could either be talking the 90's team or the current Blue Team. Ya, maybe Lee doesn't deserve the reverence because of what he and the others did, which is why I'm sure it bothers so many people, but as long as you know what they're talking about, what does it matter. Are we gonna make a list of allowable terminology now?

Chill dude not that big of a deal. Lol

9 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Invaders_Vol_1_20.jpg

Yep I’m pretty excited for him myself. 

Another cool thing about getting a Union Jack figure is that it just takes a simple custom belt/boots swap to kinda modernize him to being the grandson of the original or something like that if you so wanna do. He's like the  Black Panther or "Phantom" in that the son keeps inheriting the mantle of the title  & keeping the tradition alive over the decades/centuries.

union_jack_on_the_hunt_by_statman71.jpg

Beast looks amazing!! Hasbro is doing great!!

people should stop arguing over how everyone identifies the characters, using “Jim Lee” is only to refer to that specific era of comics, the Blue and Gold teams, it really doesn’t matter how we call the figure, this is the Beast we have been waiting and we should be celebrating!!

Now, bring on the Gold Team!!

3 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

The only reason "obscure' characters would stagnate is due to the latest generation not being avid comic book collectors as they would much rather just watch an MCU movie or play a  Marvel based video game with only A-listers in it. 

No, it really isn't. Even among comic book fans, there are tiers of popularity. That'd be a bit like saying that the Whizzer must be as popular as Namor or the Human Torch because they're both really old characters from the comics. 

So you're speaking for fans that actually grew up reading about these characters? You're saying they wouldn't want a classic Whizzer figure to add to the WWII "Invaders " lineup?  Considering that all that would be needed for a 'Whizzer" ML fig is a new head sculpt. Just put him on either a Sunfire buck or Speed Demon buck with alternate fist/running hands & done. It's a super cost effective character that only needs a new head sculpt.  If Hasbro were smart, they'd do an "Invaders" boxset with Whizzer, classic Cap, Namor, Union Jack, adult Human torch using the Sunfire buck in classic red fire colors with faceless head sculpt, use a teen Buck for a Toro ( faceless head sculpt) Human torch sidekick & same for a teen Bucky. Whizzer was also a member of another WWII superhero team known as the Liberty Legion who has members that would make for cool figures as well.

Liberty_legion_.jpg

Invaders.jpg

Invaders_ vol 3.jpg

Invaders_Vol_1_9.jpg

Invaders_Vol_1_20.jpg

InvadersGS1.jpg