90's/Jim Lee Beast!!!!

Rukkdeez

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

So you're speaking for fans that actually grew up reading about these characters? You're saying they wouldn't want a classic Whizzer figure to add to the WWII "Invaders " lineup?  Considering that all that would be needed for a 'Whizzer" ML fig is a new head sculpt. Just put him on either a Sunfire buck or Speed Demon buck with alternate fist/running hands & done. It's a super cost effective character that only needs a new head sculpt.  If Hasbro were smart, they'd do an "Invaders" boxset with Whizzer, classic Cap, Namor, Union Jack, adult Human torch using the Sunfire buck in classic red fire colors with faceless head sculpt, use a teen Buck for a Toro ( faceless head sculpt) Human torch sidekick & same for a teen Bucky. Whizzer was also a member of another WWII superhero team known as the Liberty Legion who has members that would make for cool figures as well.

Liberty_legion_.jpg

Invaders.jpg

Invaders_ vol 3.jpg

Invaders_Vol_1_9.jpg

Invaders_Vol_1_20.jpg

InvadersGS1.jpg

No one is "speaking" for anyone. Since you asked a challenging question, let ask YOU something; Did you stop to think before asking, if out of all those fans you speak of (many of which would be post 40 years of age) even collect action figures? That would whittle down the amount of people who would even be thinking about a Union Jack. The issue here is YOU like Union Jack (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that). What IS wrong however is because you like the character, you've construed that like into popularity. Trust me, after you, myself and other fans or collectors get this guy and that rush is over, Union Jack will take up residency on various shelves.

According to Rektangular, we are getting an X-Men themed vintage line at some point so I imagine we may get some gold team members in that line like a rerelease of Jim Lee Jean Grey with better hands and some tweaks. Iceman could fit in there as well I guess. I dunno if we could get a Jim Lee Storm and Colossus in that wave. They already asked what color we want Storm so I imagine she is in the works already. Colossus could pop up a following year in an X wave.

7 minutes ago, Dodge76 said:

According to Rektangular, we are getting an X-Men themed vintage line at some point so I imagine we may get some gold team members in that line like a rerelease of Jim Lee Jean Grey with better hands and some tweaks. Iceman could fit in there as well I guess. I dunno if we could get a Jim Lee Storm and Colossus in that wave. They already asked what color we want Storm so I imagine she is in the works already. Colossus could pop up a following year in an X wave.

Yeah that could end up either being an awesome retro wave or a bunch of repeat repairs. Hope not though!  Hope we get Jean, classic Storm, Collosus(probably on the same Warlock wave mold as a repaint), night crawler, maybe banshee. You know we’re getting a Phoenix era cyclops. A new classic angel would be cool too!  That old toy biz one is eh. Face sucks. And although well articulated the body looks awkward. 

27 minutes ago, Rukkdeez said:

No one is "speaking" for anyone. Since you asked a challenging question, let ask YOU something; Did you stop to think before asking, if out of all those fans you speak of (many of which would be post 40 years of age) even collect action figures? That would whittle down the amount of people who would even be thinking about a Union Jack. The issue here is YOU like Union Jack (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that). What IS wrong however is because you like the character, you've construed that like into popularity. Trust me, after you, myself and other fans or collectors get this guy and that rush is over, Union Jack will take up residency on various shelves.

I’m sorry if anyone is offended by this,(if so you’re probably too sensitive) but I agree with you Ruckdeez. I mean that’s the reality of it. We all love our own fairly obscure characters and I myself will buy Union Jack but what this guy is saying is just honesty. No reason to be elitist just because you know all the characters and we’re into them coming up. That’s great, and I’m with you, but the reality is the demographics are gonna value characters a lot different than what we value. For example I loved classic x-force growing up and still would love to see all those characters made, by Shatterstar is warming pegs all over right now. 

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

So you're speaking for fans that actually grew up reading about these characters? You're saying they wouldn't want a classic Whizzer figure to add to the WWII "Invaders " lineup? 

I'm saying far, far, FAR less people who grew up reading these characters would be interested in a Whizzer or Union Jack figure than they would someone like Captain America or Namor, yes. They're more popular characters. I'm not even sure why this is even a discussion. There have always been varying levels of popularity for different characters.

20 minutes ago, Dodge76 said:

Are we sure this is X-men themed vintage wave is still coming? IIRC this rumor came out before the characters for this year's vintage wave were announced (Vision, Hawkeye et al) and before we found out the X-men were "replacing" the Fantastic Four as Walgreens exclusives

I get the feeling that they got their info mixed up and they thought the characters that were part of the X-men Walgreens exclusives were part of an X-men Vintage Wave. I'd love to be wrong though!

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Are we sure this is X-men themed vintage wave is still coming? IIRC this rumor came out before the characters for this year's vintage wave were announced (Vision, Hawkeye et al) and before we found out the X-men were "replacing" the Fantastic Four as Walgreens exclusives

I get the feeling that they got their info mixed up and they thought the characters that were part of the X-men Walgreens exclusives were part of an X-men Vintage Wave. I'd love to be wrong though!

That’s possible. But Todd from rektangular did mention it again on the ACBA podcast this weekend   

I think I'm the only one not head over heals for this new Beast.  Don't get me wrong he looks great, and I'll definitely try to pick one up.  But I'm not sure it's an improvement over the old ToyBiz one yet.  Torso articulation and odd hip joints aside, that figure still holds up very well today.  I think I was more stoked to see Puma and Grey Gargoyle overall.    

I want to see the Beast standing next to other characters. Already people from the BIB posse are talking about "he looks like he's a nice large size". One of their lame arguments justifying out of scale figures is "well that's how he's drawn". Well this iteration of the Beast was CONSISTENTLY drawn at his proper height (5"11 that's right BIB, he doesn't even crack 6 feet). What's the excuse gonna be now? Lemme guess; you'll search over hill and dale for any rare instance he was drawn larger, then THAT will become the "standard". The funny thing is if he's in scale with the Thing, then they'll both be in scale with each other but out of scale with anyone else.

3 hours ago, Dodge76 said:

I am getting Union Jack just because he looks cool. I know nothing about the character.

You should do some research on the character, you'll like him even more. To the other comments, yes, I know full well that to the MCU/Toons fanbase , Union Jack is "obscure", as is Shatterstar, Gladiator, Blizzard, Batroc,  Beetle, Grey Gargoyle, Black Knight, etc,. As long as Hasbro keeps making as many obscure & classic Marvel comic based charatcers as they can, I will continue to support the line

@Gmen4ever You have to stop this school old agenda you are pushing. Not every one started reading the comic back then. Most who collect this line started reading comic in the 90's. Yes mostly thanks to the cartoon. That does NOT mean they aren't true fan. In fact it thank to them that this line launched in the first place.

Not only that but it's because of this line that some started reading comic. I know you don't seem to read modern comic, but that is your opinion not anyone else. If young people enjoy the comic but don't enjoy the classic, that's fine. I enjoy most classic stories but they are usually text heavy and can be hard to get into. 

Also many collector don't even read comic. Why? because this is a TOYLINE. They collect toys. They don't need to know the character to collect toys. Is it wrong? HELL NO!! We should respect them just as much as we respect readers. 

I'm 33 year of age. I have been collecting since the TB days. I love love love the classic designs and as many people in this forum will attest, I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE obscure character fan. But I would never ever give out to a collector if they don't want to figure or if they don't know a character. Hell that part of the reason I do Nearcompleteset as a way to inform people of who he is and why they should collect him. But I always give a reason why they might not like the figure.

You, however, seem to think that if they don't know the character or respectively don't want the character then they aren't true fans. That is 100% not true. Everyone started reading at different times. Not everyone is deeply informed on the Marvel universe as you. respect them for that and move on. don't force them to recognize the character.

I have already given you a warning about this and starting arguments. Now I'm asking you as nicely as I can, respect that not everyone as a deep knowledge as you and move on. don't force your opinion. it's fine if you state it but don't force it.

I hate being this guy I really do and sorry if this offends you but we have to keep this forum as peaceful as we can.

1 hour ago, Rukkdeez said:

I want to see the Beast standing next to other characters. Already people from the BIB posse are talking about "he looks like he's a nice large size". One of their lame arguments justifying out of scale figures is "well that's how he's drawn". Well this iteration of the Beast was CONSISTENTLY drawn at his proper height (5"11 that's right BIB, he doesn't even crack 6 feet). What's the excuse gonna be now? Lemme guess; you'll search over hill and dale for any rare instance he was drawn larger, then THAT will become the "standard". The funny thing is if he's in scale with the Thing, then they'll both be in scale with each other but out of scale with anyone else.

Totally agree. Beast is not now nor ever been any taller than his listed hgt of 5'11 350lbs. Beast is huge in mass/muscle not hgt. I wonder what part of that do so many people have a problem understanding? I'm just thankful that Hasbro made the 1 & only version of Beast that I would ever buy & the only version that does right by the character. This is the only ML Beast figure I'll ever need. 

Beast 1.jpg

Beast looking up at Sasquatch.jpg

beast.gif

12 minutes ago, tarot said:

@Gmen4ever You have to stop this school old agenda you are pushing. Not every one started reading the comic back then. Most who collect this line started reading comic in the 90's. Yes mostly thanks to the cartoon. That does NOT mean they aren't true fan. In fact it thank to them that this line launched in the first place.

Not only that but it's because of this line that some started reading comic. I know you don't seem to read modern comic, but that is your opinion not anyone else. If young people enjoy the comic but don't enjoy the classic, that's fine. I enjoy most classic stories but they are usually text heavy and can be hard to get into. 

Also many collector don't even read comic. Why? because this is a TOYLINE. They collect toys. They don't need to know the character to collect toys. Is it wrong? HELL NO!! We should respect them just as much as we respect readers. 

I'm 33 year of age. I have been collecting since the TB days. I love love love the classic designs and as many people in this forum will attest, I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE obscure character fan. But I would never ever give out to a collector if they don't want to figure or if they don't know a character. Hell that part of the reason I do Nearcompleteset as a way to inform people of who he is and why they should collect him. But I always give a reason why they might not like the figure.

You, however, seem to think that if they don't know the character or respectively don't want the character then they aren't true fans. That is 100% not true. Everyone started reading at different times. Not everyone is deeply informed on the Marvel universe as you. respect them for that and move on. don't force them to recognize the character.

I have already given you a warning about this and starting arguments. Now I'm asking you as nicely as I can, respect that not everyone as a deep knowledge as you and move on. don't force your opinion. it's fine if you state it but don't force it.

I hate being this guy I really do and sorry if this offends you but we have to keep this forum as peaceful as we can.

I never knew that debating someone is arguing, so is that what politicians do during a debate, argue? What I was getting upset about is that someone assumes that just cuz they don't know who a certain character is, as is the case of the just premiered Union Jack, that he will be a peg warmer & not sell. I just begged to differ. Plz tell me why it's all right with what he said but not what I countered with? I don't like most of the modern figs coming out that have only been in comics less than a yr or 2 or is the flavor of the month such as DP is & has already been made into figure form 2000 times it seems while characters that have been around since the 60s-70s have yet to be made, but guess what, I don't condone anyone for buying them.  Kamala khan is given a figure but Hector Ayala the original White Tiger & 1st ever Hispanic superhero in comics does not is beyond me. Instead his niece gets a figure as White Tiger due to her being in the Spiderman toon. That figure & Misty Knight have pegged warmed hard & they still hang on the pegs of my local wally worlds/Targets who are to ignorant to clearance them out cuz no one is buying them for $20. I don't collect the MCU as imo, it's just figures of actors cosplaying. I collect figures based on their Marvel comic looks. To each his own. I just get defensive when someone puts down comic based figures as a non seller just because it's not in the MCU or a current toon on TV. Just cuz you're not familiar with the character because you don't read comics, doesn't mean  it'll be a non seller or not be popular.  I don't go crying or PMing the mods about anyone here no matter if I disagree with them about a certain topic or not, that someone is doing complaining about me is pretty sad. Don't worry though, I'm done saying anything that might "upset" someone's feelings. I'll just avoid replying to those I don't agree with. My apologies as it was not my intent to ruffle anyone's feathers.

The problem here is that you keep assuming that everyone who questions the marketability of a character is someone who doesn't read comics, which is a fallacy. I've been involved with comic fandom in various iterations since I was 8 years old, which is why I feel pretty safe in saying that Union Jack is not a particularly popular character. Even if you take movies and TV shows out of the equation, if you asked people to name their top 50 superheroes, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be there.

That's not a dig against the character. As someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, Hasbro clearly takes things like notability into account when they make characters this obscure, which is why so many of them end up as kitbashes or repaints. They're aware of the fact that they aren't gonna be super hot sellers, so they don't worry about spending a lot of cash making them. If you'd like a further example, take a look at any of the Serpent Squad characters we've gotten, most of whom are just new heads on reused bodies.

58 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

I never knew that debating someone is arguing, so is that what politicians do during a debate, argue? What I was getting upset about is that someone assumes that just cuz they don't know who a certain character is, as is the case of the just premiered Union Jack, that he will be a peg warmer & not sell. I just begged to differ. Plz tell me why it's all right with what he said but not what I countered with? I don't like most of the modern figs coming out that have only been in comics less than a yr or 2 or is the flavor of the month such as DP is & has already been made into figure form 2000 times it seems while characters that have been around since the 60s-70s have yet to be made, but guess what, I don't condone anyone for buying them.  Kamala khan is given a figure but Hector Ayala the original White Tiger & 1st ever Hispanic superhero in comics does not is beyond me. Instead his niece gets a figure as White Tiger due to her being in the Spiderman toon. That figure & Misty Knight have pegged warmed hard & they still hang on the pegs of my local wally worlds/Targets who are to ignorant to clearance them out cuz no one is buying them for $20. I don't collect the MCU as imo, it's just figures of actors cosplaying. I collect figures based on their Marvel comic looks. To each his own. I just get defensive when someone puts down comic based figures as a non seller just because it's not in the MCU or a current toon on TV. Just cuz you're not familiar with the character because you don't read comics, doesn't mean  it'll be a non seller or not be popular.  I don't go crying or PMing the mods about anyone here no matter if I disagree with them about a certain topic or not, that someone is doing complaining about me is pretty sad. Don't worry though, I'm done saying anything that might "upset" someone's feelings. I'll just avoid replying to those I don't agree with. My apologies as it was not my intent to ruffle anyone's feathers.

and that very response is the reason I call you out for it. it's not just this thread. you have a habit as arguing with people that you think don't respect the comics or like the modern version more.

The example you give are just what I'm talking Kamala Khan got a figure because she was asked for. Sure even I admit she was a SJW favour but the character herself is awesome, not because she is muslim but because she is a good character. People asked for her. Hasbro gave it to them. End of story.

White tiger is another example. Again yes Aya got a figure because of the cartoon but so what? she has become a big part of Marvel being both an Avengers and Heroes for Hire. Just because her brother didn't get a figure first doesn't mean she shouldn't. Hasbro has to work with the media to expand the look.

As for Jack, if has been shown many times that Obscure character will sell at first initially to most fans but will eventually peg warm. Moon Knight you used as an example is not selling because it's modern, it's not selling because most people outside comic don't know who he is. 

Look you are obviously a nice guy with a great knowledge of comics. I just want you to tone it down. I don't expect you to like most modern characters, even I think Marvel is pushing the SJW too hard, but I just want you to respect those who like modern characters as well. Just give your opinions without forcing the issue. Okay? Please.

7 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

So you're speaking for fans that actually grew up reading about these characters? You're saying they wouldn't want a classic Whizzer figure to add to the WWII "Invaders " lineup?  Considering that all that would be needed for a 'Whizzer" ML fig is a new head sculpt. Just put him on either a Sunfire buck or Speed Demon buck with alternate fist/running hands & done. It's a super cost effective character that only needs a new head sculpt.  If Hasbro were smart, they'd do an "Invaders" boxset with Whizzer, classic Cap, Namor, Union Jack, adult Human torch using the Sunfire buck in classic red fire colors with faceless head sculpt, use a teen Buck for a Toro ( faceless head sculpt) Human torch sidekick & same for a teen Bucky. Whizzer was also a member of another WWII superhero team known as the Liberty Legion who has members that would make for cool figures as well.

Liberty_legion_.jpg

Invaders.jpg

Invaders_ vol 3.jpg

Invaders_Vol_1_9.jpg

Invaders_Vol_1_20.jpg

InvadersGS1.jpg

Oh yeah I’d totally want a Whizzer figure! Rodeo and Nim Hammond torch as well! And that new (we’ll not really knew anymore) teen buck is perfect for a classic Bucky! We still haven’t gotten a good classic Bucky which is odd. They really should have redone him by now. And yeah HASBRO should totally do an invaders box set! Maybe for SDCC 2019? Or Amazon’s exclusive like with defenders? 

12 hours ago, Falls22 said:

Chill dude not that big of a deal. Lol

I'm not the one who made it a big deal. As long as your respectful call a character by any description you want. BTW, someone forgot to inform JayC not to refer to Beast as Jim Lee Beast cuz he's using it pretty much exclusively to refer to this figure.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

and that very response is the reason I call you out for it. it's not just this thread. you have a habit as arguing with people that you think don't respect the comics or like the modern version more.

The example you give are just what I'm talking Kamala Khan got a figure because she was asked for. Sure even I admit she was a SJW favour but the character herself is awesome, not because she is muslim but because she is a good character. People asked for her. Hasbro gave it to them. End of story.

White tiger is another example. Again yes Aya got a figure because of the cartoon but so what? she has become a big part of Marvel being both an Avengers and Heroes for Hire. Just because her brother didn't get a figure first doesn't mean she shouldn't. Hasbro has to work with the media to expand the look.

As for Jack, if has been shown many times that Obscure character will sell at first initially to most fans but will eventually peg warm. Moon Knight you used as an example is not selling because it's modern, it's not selling because most people outside comic don't know who he is. 

Look you are obviously a nice guy with a great knowledge of comics. I just want you to tone it down. I don't expect you to like most modern characters, even I think Marvel is pushing the SJW too hard, but I just want you to respect those who like modern characters as well. Just give your opinions without forcing the issue. Okay? Please.

No problem Sir. BTW, Hector Ayala is her uncle. When it comes to the state of comics today, especially over at Marvel, now that Disney is their boss, I guess they have to push the SJW agenda, which IMO, is gonna put a nail in their coffin sooner or later. The thing that bothers me most about Marvel comics todays besides the SJW agenda is the watered down talent at the artistic level I scroll thru a few pages of comics at my local CBS & I have to put the book down after a few pages. It looks like 8yr olds are drawing some of this stuff. I also notice that  many a title has been getting canceled over at Marvel due to low sales. I have zero issues with Marvel trying to "diversify" & try new things, what I have issue with is when they alter the gender, race, sexual orientation of certain established & well known characters just to get media attention & sales hype with "whoo, look at us, we changed Thor into a female character" for example. 

Maybe I'm the only one, but as a long time Thor fan & comic book buyer, that alone made me quit the series. One, they totally said to hell with the " if "he" be worthy, he shall possess the power of Thor" quote. How in the heck was Jane Foster "worthy'? That's like a #$## slap in Thor's face saying, "Ha , you must not be much cuz even your GF was worthy of lifting Mjolnir.  Same with making the Falcon Cap for awhile or the Hulk Asian. They are doing this to attract a certain fan base to the character while at the same time saying to the loyal fanbase of those characters " FU" imo. And IMO, the loyal fanbase of Thor, Cap, Hulk is way larger than the fanbase they are trying to attract, hence the cancellation of many of their titles or low sales on said titles. 

You wanna make a "diverse" character, no prob, create a brand new one, don't take it from an established character. The 75' All new, all different " X-Men were as diverse as you can get! They had a Russian, African, Irish, German, Japanese, Canadian & American Indian in the group! And guess what, they didn't replace anyone else to do it, they were all created brand new! Why can't marvel do that now? Did the house of ideas run outta ideas?

How would loyal fans of the Black Panther & Falcon feel if all of a sudden, Marvel gave em new identities as white men? Pretty sure there would be an uproar from that fan base & I would be amongst them cuz I'm a huuuuuge fan of T'Challa & Sam "snaps" Wilson & they are the BP/Falcon to me & always will be. 

1 hour ago, tarot said:

I totally agree. I'm a toy collector first. I've collected comics off & on over 3 decades but I've never stopped collecting toys. My standpoint is I don't much care how obscure a character is or how much I know about them or how big a fan I am. If it's new or different I'm all for it. Even with the MCU figures which everyone knows I'm not too fond of, as long as I don't have that character, I'm gonna want it. Downgrading someone for not being "true fan" is just bush.

On a side not I do have a problem with your "warnings". I don't see that Gmen has done anything offensive, but I guess offensive is in the eye of the beholder. He's got strong opinions and he's a huge fan. He hasn't called anyone any names or even called out anyone by name. He's got a right to disagree and plead his case as much as the next guy. How is that any different from you chastising the entire community for choosing a set of non offensive words to describe certain ML, particularly the Beast? You're fond of saying "I hate to be 'That Guy' but that's exactly what it looks like you're doing. Do as I say, not as I do, huh?

1 hour ago, Falls22 said:

Oh yeah I’d totally want a Whizzer figure! Rodeo and Nim Hammond torch as well! And that new (we’ll not really knew anymore) teen buck is perfect for a classic Bucky! We still haven’t gotten a good classic Bucky which is odd. They really should have redone him by now. And yeah HASBRO should totally do an invaders box set! Maybe for SDCC 2019? Or Amazon’s exclusive like with defenders? 

A 2019 SDCC/Amazon exclusive "Invaders boxset" would be awesome!  Hasbro has all the bucks already done for any & all of these characters, just need new head sculpts for both Torches which would be simple faceless heads, a Whizzer head sculpt plus Cap/Namor are already done. Cap just needs a WWII era mask head sculpt.. Miles Morales buck for Toro, and same for teen bucky who would just need a new head sculpt. Union Jack is already done so there is your WWII superhero team.

24 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I totally agree. I'm a toy collector first. I've collected comics off & on over 3 decades but I've never stopped collecting toys. My standpoint is I don't much care how obscure a character is or how much I know about them or how big a fan I am. If it's new or different I'm all for it. Even with the MCU figures which everyone knows I'm not too fond of, as long as I don't have that character, I'm gonna want it. Downgrading someone for not being "true fan" is just bush.

On a side not I do have a problem with your "warnings". I don't see that Gmen has done anything offensive, but I guess offensive is in the eye of the beholder. He's got strong opinions and he's a huge fan. He hasn't called anyone any names or even called out anyone by name. He's got a right to disagree and plead his case as much as the next guy. How is that any different from you chastising the entire community for choosing a set of non offensive words to describe certain ML, particularly the Beast? You're fond of saying "I hate to be 'That Guy' but that's exactly what it looks like you're doing. Do as I say, not as I do, huh?

first look up a few entries in and you will see why I said that about Beast.

Second I will find it wrong if anyone, not just Gman, calls a person who doesn't know a character not a true fan and just like collecting because of the MCU or that. That is just wrong. It doesn't have to obtain foul langauge or the likes. I have no problem, none what so ever, with people debate but do it in a way that doesn't chastise others.

I could also do without every discussion turning into someone's political soapbox. I come here for toy collecting, not someone trying to get me to listen to their manifesto. This is a toy website, yet somehow simple discussions of character selection inevitably turn into rants about about political topics that have pretty much nothing to do with the figures being discussed.

5 hours ago, tarot said:

first look up a few entries in and you will see why I said that about Beast.

Second I will find it wrong if anyone, not just Gman, calls a person who doesn't know a character not a true fan and just like collecting because of the MCU or that. That is just wrong. It doesn't have to obtain foul langauge or the likes. I have no problem, none what so ever, with people debate but do it in a way that doesn't chastise others.

Ya, I saw that. I was literally typing just as it was posting. Fair enough about Beast. You were just sounding like the word police for a little while. I guess that's my pet peeve.