90's/Jim Lee Beast!!!!

Rukkdeez

6 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

A 2019 SDCC/Amazon exclusive "Invaders boxset" would be awesome!  Hasbro has all the bucks already done for any & all of these characters, just need new head sculpts for both Torches which would be simple faceless heads, a Whizzer head sculpt plus Cap/Namor are already done. Cap just needs a WWII era mask head sculpt.. Miles Morales buck for Toro, and same for teen bucky who would just need a new head sculpt. Union Jack is already done so there is your WWII superhero team.

Ya, that would be a kit bash money maker for Hasbro. Back when Mattel was doing it's thing with DCUC (much better than ML at the time) they did a box set of the Crime Syndicate of America. All it was were just simple repaints and a coupla new head sculpts and it was freaking awesome. I seriously woulda got an Invaders or comic Defenders or Squadron Supreme, or pretty much any other team set had it been the SDCC exclusive rather than that Netflix 3 Normal people & Daredevil pack. Now half those shows have been cancelled and are in television limbo and no one cares. I haven't checked lately, but I bet that set is still available on HTS. Time to start digging a hole, I guess. Now, I'm no big time television studio executive genious, but just a bit of advice from your average, everyday, Marvel supporting, peon fan. If there's any plans in the works for some kind of Power Man & Iron Fist or Sisters of the Dragon spin off.......one word: costumes...or outfits...or anything unique and hero(ish). Oh, and freaking super abilities, for crying out loud. Somebody in your outfit needs to turn on the CW and see what DC is doing with it's television universe cuz it's working and it's kicking Marvel's ayass. Oh, and I promise, the solution is not to change all the main characters genders...or ethnicities...or sexual orientation. Just do superheros and do them right, that's all, and you will have a runaway hit on your hands.

Yeah, they are relevant, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. There is not 1 single legit reason to be pulling those gender/race changes if not for PC SJW reasons. And the CW is kicking Marvel's but because they actually do give their characters costumes & not just have em running around in torn up sweatpants/hoodies/leather jackets & jeans. Arrow & LOT are my 2 fav DC shows. They have great stories, great action/fight scenes. Daredevil/Punisher are my 2 fav Marvel Netflix shows. All the rest can get canked for all I care. And as was stated by Monron, how bout putting costumes on make believe superheroes & stop trying so hard to make it realistic. A guy with a glowing fist that turn hard as steel doesn't need to be shown as "realistic". I don't turn on the TV or go to the movies expecting academy award winning acting or realistic stuff from a superhero movie/TV show. I want to be entertained & see costumed characters shooting laser beams &  photon blasts at each other & throwing building on each other. They are based on "comic book" characters! 

And yeah, that SDCC Netflix boxset was extremely lame.  3 people in civs & 1 guy in costume, so exciting! An Alpha Flight/Invaders/Squadron Supreme/classic GOT/Supreme Soviets or Imperial guard boxset woulda been much  preferred over that Netflix set that is probably selling for discount prices right now.

51 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Yeah, they are relevant,

They aren't. If the specific criticism was about not changing races from the original characters or orientations or genders then whoops the CW was a bad example to bring up.emily-kinney-bug-eyed-bandit-121938.jpg

image.thumb.png.8e9d34b6190e1205859f7ddf8e6a5854.png

Iris_West_Candice_Patton-1.jpglatest?cb=20151203054713flash-the-top-rickards-195409.jpg

So if the CW shows are as superior as y'all insist, then clearly the changing of characters' race/gender/sexual orientation has nothing to do with the supposed lack of quality you claim is hurting the Marvel shows.

An Alpha Flight/Invaders/Squadron Supreme/classic GOT/Supreme Soviets or Imperial guard boxset woulda been much  preferred over that Netflix set that is probably selling for discount prices right now.

You say that as though a Squadron Supreme, Invaders, Alpha Flight or Soviets Supreme box set also wouldn't end up quickly discounted.

Not as quickly discounted as that Netflix boxset did. SDCC Hasbro boxsets should always be comic book related, not MCU/Netflix related. Get enough of those in the regular ML lines. SDCC is for an opportunity to get never before done Marvel comicbook characters/teams. This is the best venue to get those teams I mentioned & their members. I don't recall an outpouring of fans demanding a Netflix boxset of 3 people in civ attire & DD who's already been done in the ML line. I do recall a huge request for an Alpha Flight boxset. Could have consisted of Box in either his Red or Blue armor, Shaman, NorthStar, Aurora, Snowbird & the overpriced & VHTF Puck to go along with Sasquatch & recently revealed Guardian. That boxset is what many wanted.

As far as the CW, they also push the SJW/PC crap, I am not denying that, but at least they put their characters in costumes, something Marvel/Netflix shows seem to go outta their way to do.  Seeing IF/Cage/JJ in regular street clothes in a show where they are the superhero really makes it not feel like it's a superhero based show imo.  And Finn was a bad choice for IF from the get go. For a supreme MA, the guy has no physique whatsoever that would mistake him for Bruce Lee. They could have had him hitting the weights 6 months prior to filming in order to make a more believable supreme martial artist.

3 hours ago, watanabefan said:

They aren't. If the specific criticism was about not changing races from the original characters or orientations or genders then whoops the CW was a bad example to bring up.emily-kinney-bug-eyed-bandit-121938.jpg

image.thumb.png.8e9d34b6190e1205859f7ddf8e6a5854.png

Iris_West_Candice_Patton-1.jpglatest?cb=20151203054713flash-the-top-rickards-195409.jpg

So if the CW shows are as superior as y'all insist, then clearly the changing of characters' race/gender/sexual orientation has nothing to do with the supposed lack of quality you claim is hurting the Marvel shows.

You say that as though a Squadron Supreme, Invaders, Alpha Flight or Soviets Supreme box set also wouldn't end up quickly discounted.

Well, since your so intent on investing on this discussion, let me reiterate something I said in my statement. If you'll reflect back on my comments you will see that I refer to "Main Characters" meaning headliners or characters with their own books. Most of the characters on DC shows that you showed are support characters, at best. And in the case of Kid Flash, they are two totally seperate characters (cousins) that both operate independantly and simultaneously. You're just grasping at anything to prove your case. And that's fine, but the case you're arguing is not the one I'm making. And it's not even that simple. If you want to have a female version of Thor, an African American Captain America, a female Wolverine, that's cool. Just give us a choice. Don't bench the real Thor, Cap and Wolverine and completely usurp the comic and give us no other option. That's forcing a point of view that everyone might not be on board with. You wanna push a narrative, put em both out there, side by side, see which one the fans respond to better. Sink or swim. These writers are creators. Don't tell me they can't concoct a way that 2 people can posses an enchanted hammer or 2 people can carry the identity of Captain America in seperate comics. I mean they're doing something of the sort now, but that was only after nearly putting Marvel's comic book division into bankruptcy when their little social experiment failed. Of course, the attempted coup to try and replace the X-Men with the Inhumans was also a contributing factor. It was only the capital of Disney and Marvel Studios that kept them afloat at that time and that's a fact. I'm invested in the business and I kept track of the numbers. Not to say the numbers didn't vary in different regions or different political environments, but as a whole, Marvel was getting their ayasses handed to them by DC (who coincidentally didn't change their main characters but instead offered alternate versions, most of whom have coincidentally disappeared for the time being) and by certain Image properties (the gold standard for comics about "normal" characters, BTW). So to say it's not a factor is inaccurate. The very idea of doing it in the first place says it was intended to be a factor in trying to change public image of the comics it involved. Otherwise why do it in the first place? I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm not saying Gmen is right. I'm just saying there was no way either argument could be construed as inconsequential cuz Marvel Comics suffered the cosequences deeply. Now things are getting back to normal. FF and X-Men are back and now things are starting to look up again and the big wigs at Marvel get to look like geniuses and take all the credit for themseleves. And make no mistake. The bottom line on why the CW shows dominate is cuz, all politics aside, they give us fan's what we want. A buncha quirky, colorful, fantastic, impossible characters with awesome abilities. And on a fairly consistent and generous level. The entire basis of TLOT is to give us something new every week. That's the way Agents of SHIELD shoulda been from the start. Marvel just got beat off the blocks on that one.

But seriously guys, I've been around these forums for long enough to know what's about to happen. We've taken this subject way off course and the moderators are about to shut it down so let's get back on track, shall we. If you wanna continue to argue this point we can all take it to another topic.

Back on subject. I've been looking at the quality of this Beast and have to ask the question. Has anyone gotten solid confirmation that Beast will be in an actual X-Men wave or could it possibly be another exclusive cuz its looking to surpass the quality of even the Thing figure. I can see it being a mass produced exclusive.

I would also like to get into this conversation about SJW characters. None of these characters are bad characters. None of them.

Yes even Iron Heart, which most people would point to. But like Monron was saying they shouldn't be taking over another characters role, like Iron Heart taking over Iron Man. Iron Heart is actually a fun character. I enjoyed her story but she should have had her own book not taking over another. But at the same time I don't see how that's wrong but when Rhodey did it, nothing was said.

As for Falcon being Cap, Nothing wrong with that he even fulfilled the role perfectly but Most people didn't like it. They prefer him as Falcon rather the Cap.

Finally I'll say this. STOP TURNING THIS INTO A POLITIC THREAD AND FOCUS ON THE FIGURES!!!!

Sorry I know I started it as a political post but this is not what this thread is about.

I really wanna see Hasbro's take on outdoing the TB Blob as that figure is one that imo, still stands the test of time. But it costs a ton on the secondary market. I regret selling mines off yrs back but times were tough $$ wise & had to do it. So far they have surpassed TB Juggs/Kingpin  to name a few "big" characters, A classic Hasbro Blob is gonna be awesome to behold. Classic Hulk is the other one I'm eagerly looking forward to Hasbro tackling. The Buscema looking 2 pack Hulk that came with Leader is still the best comic based version imo, it just lacked the ab crunch & alternate fists.

4 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

I really wanna see Hasbro's take on outdoing the TB Blob as that figure is one that imo, still stands the test of time. But it costs a ton on the secondary market. I regret selling mines off yrs back but times were tough $$ wise & had to do it. So far they have surpassed TB Juggs/Kingpin  to name a few "big" characters, A classic Hasbro Blob is gonna be awesome to behold. Classic Hulk is the other one I'm eagerly looking forward to Hasbro tackling. The Buscema looking 2 pack Hulk that came with Leader is still the best comic based version imo, it just lacked the ab crunch & alternate fists.

the problem with that Blob is he was waaay to large. I would like to see Hasbro redoing it as well as many people never got him. as long as he is not his sumo original costume I will be happy.

Again, that was artists taking artistic license with the character. Blob was originally around 6ft 500lbs I believe, then next thing you now, he's "mutated " to 8ft tall 1 ton. I can accept a Blob at no bigger than 6.6 to 7' inches tall. I have always loved Michael Golden's rendition of Blob & think that would make for an awesome Blob figure.164320666_BlobII.thumb.jpg.d48b2e4c4569aadc805a31be6a14918d.jpg

Blob.jpg

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

Again, that was artists taking artistic license with the character. Blob was originally around 6ft 500lbs I believe, then next thing you now, he's "mutated " to 8ft tall 1 ton. I can accept a Blob at no bigger than 6.6 to 7' inches tall. I have always loved Michael Golden's rendition of Blob & think that would make for an awesome Blob figure.164320666_BlobII.thumb.jpg.d48b2e4c4569aadc805a31be6a14918d.jpg

Blob.jpg

6.6 to 7 inches?!  He got got with the pym particles lol. 

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

If I'm not mistaken that Blob was actually a Hasbro BAF, not TB. It's really one of the few that have held up over time, but I would love to see what Hasbro could do with it now. They may even be able to reuse the same mold with some (major) retooling for articulation and gappage issues. Maybe a SDCC Freedom Force box set, huh? They can repack the upcoming Mystique. Pyro could be a reuse of the Spider-Man buck with a fuel tank auxiliary piece. Destiny could easily use one of the existing female bucks. The only one that might require some extra sculpting or additional glued on parts would be Avalanche. But honestly, I'd rather get an Alpha Flight set first.

7 minutes ago, monron999 said:

If I'm not mistaken that Blob was actually a Hasbro BAF, not TB. It's really one of the few that have held up over time, but I would love to see what Hasbro could do with it now. They may even be able to reuse the same mold with some (major) retooling for articulation and gappage issues. Maybe a SDCC Freedom Force box set, huh? They can repack the upcoming Mystique. Pyro could be a reuse of the Spider-Man buck with a fuel tank auxiliary piece. Destiny could easily use one of the existing female bucks. The only one that might require some extra sculpting or additional glued on parts would be Avalanche. But honestly, I'd rather get an Alpha Flight set first.

your half right. Hasbro released it but it was toybiz that designed and molded it. The first few waves of legends were basically Toybiz created that Hasbro released.

I’d love to see a lot of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants redone. We know there’s at least a few next year getting redone, But I would love to see the blob again as well as avalanche and Pyro. We’re getting mystique and hopefully magneto in his classic costume and hopefully the scarlet witch coming in the three pack with him and  Quicksilver are classics.  

Edited by JKenbok
Spelling errors

12 minutes ago, monron999 said:

A SDCC Alpha Flight boxset should be the deal in 2019.  7'-8' scale Box with the twins, Shaman, Snowbird & a re-sculpted Puck with ab crunch/waist articulation & bit bigger head sculpt as the previous one is pea sized & over priced on ebay.  That would go great with Sasquatch/Gaurdian. Weapon Omega would be an easy kitbash as well. Windshear.thumb.jpg.f1e8c49e1eee057c1a6055a9a4f59fb0.jpgWindshear would be another Alphan I'd love to see that would make for an awesome figure as well

Alpha_Flight_cast_picture_(John_Byrne_era).gif

Box 1.jpg

Box with AF.jpg

Weapon Omega.jpg

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Blob.jpg

But the thing is his mutation made his height chang official. This isn't the same as artists who are charter members of the BiB posse taking liberties. Tarot, your assessment of the Blob BAF is incorrect. During the time this figure was released, Fred was 8 ft tall. 

Thanks for the info on Blob. I still don't agree with Marvel "mutating" him into an 8 footer. Really made no sense to me why they did that. In the pic I posted of him next to Avalanche/Pyro, he looks big enough w/o looking like a giant. That's why I say a 6.5'-7' tall Blob fig would be perfect imo. Just make the guy massive like they did the new Kingpin figure.

4 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Thanks for the info on Blob. I still don't agree with Marvel "mutating" him into an 8 footer. Really made no sense to me why they did that. In the pic I posted of him next to Avalanche/Pyro, he looks big enough w/o looking like a giant. That's why I say a 6.5'-7' tall Blob fig would be perfect imo. Just make the guy massive like they did the new Kingpin figure.

You know what now that you say that, he’s going to need to be bigger than the Kingpin Baf to be accurate right?? Wider anyway.