Jump to content
Rukkdeez

90's/Jim Lee Beast!!!!

Recommended Posts

On 10/29/2018 at 7:38 AM, Gmen4ever said:

Another cool thing about getting a Union Jack figure is that it just takes a simple custom belt/boots swap to kinda modernize him to being the grandson of the original or something like that if you so wanna do. He's like the  Black Panther or "Phantom" in that the son keeps inheriting the mantle of the title  & keeping the tradition alive over the decades/centuries.

union_jack_on_the_hunt_by_statman71.jpg

Haha, I wouldn't call painting that flag over his torso simple, but I get it. I like that we're getting him on the Sunfire/Spider-Man 2099 buck. I'll take butterfly joints on just about any character. Seeing them on a buck as large as Omega Red convinces me that it can be done for just about anyone. Now if only they could start incorporating them into the female bucks. You know, that and better elbows lol

I'm glad this is the costume we're getting him in. It may be a retread of one we've already gotten, but it's my favorite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, monron999 said:

Pyro could be a reuse of the Spider-Man buck with a fuel tank auxiliary piece.

The Deathlock backpack would work great. They may have even had it in mind when they designed it. Come to think of it, the Hydra soldier head could be a good base for a custom Pyro and I think the AIM soldier pack comes with a yellow one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Fisk is a big figure mass wise so Blob would have to be a bit more meatier, especially in the gut area. Bout the same hgt as Fisk would  be good, maybe a tad smaller if possible.  Blob looking like this artwork by Michael Golden would be great! 

Blob vs Vision.jpg

What I'm finding amazing (notice I didn't say "surprising") is no one is mentioning that Fisk is too big as well (and he doesn't have the luxury of "mutating" to a bigger size.  He's 6'7. This is strictly BiB artistic license). Anyway, since Dukes' depowering/repowering, he's been brought back down to his original height of 5'10.  As rotund as he is, he is no longer "BAF" material, just like the Beast. Funny how people not only wanted the Beast, but wanted him as a Build A Figure. Considering Colossus & the Thing were single carded, this begets the question "why"? Why did the BiB want the 5'11 Hank McCoy to be a BAF?

Oh, and the Blob is a bit more than a "Tad" smaller (shorter) than Fisk. 6'7 vs 5'10 is a great disparity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tarot said:

your half right. Hasbro released it but it was toybiz that designed and molded it. The first few waves of legends were basically Toybiz created that Hasbro released.

Wow, I knew Hasbro had bought a buncha the molds and equipment, and talent but I didn't realize the TB team had actually done the wave. That's scary cuz that Emma Frost was an abomination. That girl couldn't get a date on 2 for 1 ugly night. With a Groupon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Wow, I knew Hasbro had bought a buncha the molds and equipment, and talent but I didn't realize the TB team had actually done the wave. That's scary cuz that Emma Frost was an abomination. That girl couldn't get a date on 2 for 1 ugly night. With a Groupon.

Hahaaa! Damn right she was butt ugly.  Maybe she was created by the toy biz team  but she still should never have been released like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Fisk is a big figure mass wise so Blob would have to be a bit more meatier, especially in the gut area. Bout the same hgt as Fisk would  be good, maybe a tad smaller if possible.  Blob looking like this artwork by Michael Golden would be great! 

Blob vs Vision.jpg

Yes!  That would be great. Definitely my pick for a Blob figure as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

What I'm finding amazing (notice I didn't say "surprising") is no one is mentioning that Fisk is too big as well (and he doesn't have the luxury of "mutating" to a bigger size.  He's 6'7. This is strictly BiB artistic license). Anyway, since Dukes' depowering/repowering, he's been brought back down to his original height of 5'10.  As rotund as he is, he is no longer "BAF" material, just like the Beast. Funny how people not only wanted the Beast, but wanted him as a Build A Figure. Considering Colossus & the Thing were single carded, this begets the question "why"? Why did the BiB want the 5'11 Hank McCoy to be a BAF?

Oh, and the Blob is a bit more than a "Tad" smaller (shorter) than Fisk. 6'7 vs 5'10 is a great disparity.

Why would we want a depowered Blob figure though?  What a disappointment that would be.  But I definitely agree that Beast as a build a figure is totally unnecessary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, watanabefan said:

He actually isn't. The idea that the Wally seen in the TV show/New 52 was separate retcon made up after the fact in the DC Rebirth era. 

 

I'll admit I'm not as learned in DC cannon (if there is such a thing) as Marvel, but as I understand it, it's an older Peter meets Miles type dynamic. In Wally III's original timeline Wally II was much older and basically handed the mantle to his much younger cousin. Then in this "consolidated" timeline a more youthful Wally II has taken up the identity as one of the Flash's and Wally III operates independently as Kid Flash. I don't have a problem with that. I don't even have a problem with the Peter/Miles dynamic. Even better now that they both operate as separate Spider-Men. My problem is that the attempt was made to outright replace Peter, the one we all knew and loved, with a character we barely knew, and tried to force us to love him. Personally, I like Miles, I do. I don't like him enough to to replace Peter or even read his own book, but that's my choice to make. Like if said in the past, if you wanna create a character that encompasses certain social/political markers I'm all for it. Cool, create a new character. Give him/her a good story and personallity. Let's see if they'll catch on. I'll give it a shot. But do not force an opinion or outlook on me, cuz honestly that's crap I don't want nor need from any forms of my entertainment. That's about as deep politically that I'll get throughout the rest of this topic. I promise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JKenbok said:

Why would we want a depowered Blob figure though?  What a disappointment that would be.  But I definitely agree that Beast as a build a figure is totally unnecessary 

Who said we wanted a depowered Blob?!?!?!  I believe I said "after his depowering/repowering, he was brought back down to his original height of 5'10". Wait here, lemme check. YUP, that's what I said! Where exactly did you get me saying a non powered Blob action figure? I'll take a stab and guess "selective reading"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rukkdeez said:

Who said we wanted a depowered Blob?!?!?!  I believe I said "after his depowering/repowering, he was brought back down to his original height of 5'10". Wait here, lemme check. YUP, that's what I said! Where exactly did you get me saying a non powered Blob action figure? I'll take a stab and guess "selective reading"?

Wow.  Don’t have a conniption. You’re taking this reeeeeaaaal serious huh?  Obviously I mistook your meaning. When you compared Blob to the Kingpin I thought it was a comment on the sizing of the figures. And I didn’t specifically say that you your self wanted a depowered Blob figure. I just said “why would we want one?”  And yes I did read your whole comments. How about try this one :  RELAX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Blob along with Mister Hyde are two of the most indiscriminately interpreted characters in Marvel of all time. I think they're pretty much the go to guys when they need a baddie that seems formidable, yet who's ultimate purpose in any given story is to end up being a punching bag for the Protagonist. I've seen Blob take an RPG to the gut and laugh it off and then I've seen him taken out by a single blast from Bishop's rifle. He's been big as a house banging with the Hulk or Thing or about the same size as Colossus and being taken out by one punch. He can't be constantly mutating so I kinda look at him like he's able to alter his size (subconsciously or otherwise) to the task at hand. Many writers have written him in the past as much smaller (still very obese) while in everyday activities and then growing much larger while in battle. If that's he case then the size he would grow to should be directly tied to the amount of threat the enemy is perceived to be. Similar to Darwin where he could "adapt" to any threat but not necessarily be invulnerable to said threat. It's also been said that he's able to shift his mass to parts of his body to make his hands or legs bigger. Maybe he can shift it to his height as well. That's a lot of conjecture, I know, but he's basically the Solomon Grundy of Marvel. No one knows how big and powerful he actually is and it's never been clearly defined. All people know is he's a handful (pun intended) to deal with.

Personally I like to perceive him as the heavy hitter of whatever particular group he's on. I think his powers should be refined as such if only to get rid of the question "what the hell is his actual power" cuz the whole immovable object thing is just lame. Most of the heavy hitters on any team have pretty much moved him at their leasure so if that's his big power he kinda got jipped and thus should not be written to be as cocky as he is, cuz basically he just sits down, but he must do it really hard tho, I guess. I do like the size of the original BAF and think it fits in pretty well even with today's figures. It's funny, I just took it out of storage the other day and remember wondering why i hadn't put him in my display. Whatever the case I would love to see what Hasbro can do with him now, along with Hasbro's take on Hyde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the problem with Blob is he is a extremely fat man, so Marvel is worried about body shaming. That's why he is usually relegated to sidekick roles.

Hyde on the other hand has had a boast thanks to the AOS series but now he is related to just been a normal size man with mad scientist quirks. That and just being Quake's dad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tarot said:

I think the problem with Blob is he is a extremely fat man, so Marvel is worried about body shaming. That's why he is usually relegated to sidekick roles.

Hyde on the other hand has had a boast thanks to the AOS series but now he is related to just been a normal size man with mad scientist quirks. That and just being Quake's dad.

I bet they have a real delicate situation with Big Bertha then!

7917557F-162D-406F-B314-D99D713514F0.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JKenbok said:

I bet they have a real delicate situation with Big Bertha then!

7917557F-162D-406F-B314-D99D713514F0.jpeg

Stop it. We're supposed to act like SJW issues aren't a factor in comics & toys. Haven't you been paying attention?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, monron999 said:

Stop it. We're supposed to act like SJW issues aren't a factor in comics & toys. Haven't you been paying attention?

we wouldn't if how she uses her powers wasn't just plain wrong!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Stop it. We're supposed to act like SJW issues aren't a factor in comics & toys. Haven't you been paying attention?

LMOA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, monron999 said:

I'll admit I'm not as learned in DC cannon (if there is such a thing) as Marvel, but as I understand it, it's an older Peter meets Miles type dynamic. In Wally III's original timeline Wally II was much older and basically handed the mantle to his much younger cousin. Then in this "consolidated" timeline a more youthful Wally II has taken up the identity as one of the Flash's and Wally III operates independently as Kid Flash.

Yeah, that's not what happened. That the Wally seen in the New 52 was not the original was a retcon made after the fact because some of the writers wanted to restore his history with the Titans, so they retroactively said that the new Wally (and by extension, the one on the TV show) was the original Wally's younger cousin who just happened to have the same first name. But that was only several years AFTER he'd already been introduced and shown up on the TV show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2018 at 10:07 AM, monron999 said:

Stop it. We're supposed to act like SJW issues aren't a factor in comics & toys. Haven't you been paying attention?

HaHa now I want a Big Bertha figure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 3:06 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

Are we sure this is X-men themed vintage wave is still coming? IIRC this rumor came out before the characters for this year's vintage wave were announced (Vision, Hawkeye et al) and before we found out the X-men were "replacing" the Fantastic Four as Walgreens exclusives

I get the feeling that they got their info mixed up and they thought the characters that were part of the X-men Walgreens exclusives were part of an X-men Vintage Wave. I'd love to be wrong though!

I am sorry this is taking me awhile to respond too. In one video, he was acting like they are still coming so I guess there might be something to it, I don't know. Have to wait and see. Alot of people have been bringing it up to Dwight Stall and they seem to listen to fan feedback so there might be a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So which came first Xavier in hoverchair for the riders wave or did someone make up the rumours and Hasbro listened? LOL

And who else wants to make brand new rumours :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of all the rumors, I find the X-Men Vintage wave the hardest to believe. True, there are tons of characters that could easily fill several waves and The X-Men are about 3 years behind the Avengers and Spider-Man lines but the simple fact that all the waves have been 100 percent comic waves while the Avengers waves have all been at least 50 percent MCU lately, the X-Men have made up some major ground. Hell, we still don't have any decent comic versions of modern Captain America (c'mon, that Marvel Now Cap was super lame & flimsy) Thor (how long has ML been using ankle pivot, now?) or the Hulk, but we have more than enough of Wolverine, Cyclops and Deadpool. Not complaining, I'll take as much mutant goodness as possible before those lines start to become MCU dominated, which we all know they will, but I think any mutants that show up in a vintage wave will show up in the standard wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well yeah it’s probably going to be a lot of repaints. Cyclops from the Phoenix two pack and stuff like that. But people who have some sources and are usually pretty spot on have been saying it. It makes sense for them to do. They have plenty of fodder to slap one together.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever I am going to let the nerds fight and argue over it lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st off, the Blob cannot alter his size or shape, so let's get that outta the way. His size mutated to a larger hgt sometime in the 90s I believe, maybe someone has the exact issue it occurred in. His mutant powers consist of the ability to create a monodirectional gravity field beneath himself rendering him virtually immovable as long as he is in contact with the ground, invulnerability to bullets, plasma beams, high impact projectiles such as missiles, a 1ton truck coming at him at 100mph, flames/extreme cold & of course he can withstand blows from some heavy hitters such as the Hulk, Colossus, etc. His face is not as resistant to injury as his body is.  I believe that when Hasbro does come around to doing this character that they will in all likelihood make him around 7' max, about the same hgt as the Kingpin but a bit more massive girth wise as he should be. IMO, Michael Golden's rendition of him is what Hasbro should model the figure on. 

 

Blob II.jpg

Blob vs Vision.jpg

Blob clocks Vision.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

1st off, the Blob cannot alter his size or shape, so let's get that outta the way. His size mutated to a larger hgt sometime in the 90s I believe, maybe someone has the exact issue it occurred in. His mutant powers consist of the ability to create a monodirectional gravity field beneath himself rendering him virtually immovable as long as he is in contact with the ground, invulnerability to bullets, plasma beams, high impact projectiles such as missiles, a 1ton truck coming at him at 100mph, flames/extreme cold & of course he can withstand blows from some heavy hitters such as the Hulk, Colossus, etc. His face is not as resistant to injury as his body is.  I believe that when Hasbro does come around to doing this character that they will in all likelihood make him around 7' max, about the same hgt as the Kingpin but a bit more massive girth wise as he should be. IMO, Michael Golden's rendition of him is what Hasbro should model the figure on. 

 

Blob II.jpg

Blob vs Vision.jpg

Blob clocks Vision.jpg

The Blob was (and is again) 5'10. Prior to his depowering, he mutated to 8' tall. This is official (and for once not the subject to "artistic license").  He's back to 5'10. If Hasbro releases a Blob figure, it should be as he's currently portrayed. What would be the point of making another large Blob when we've gotten that already? Surely we're not trying to bring back the "redo" era?  To your point Gmen, if they (Hasbro) made a new Blob figure and they scaled it to be 7', it should be taller than Fisk (who's 6'7), but then that would be inaccurate, not that Hasbro cares (Sasquatch anyone?).  Speaking of, I'm interested in seeing the Kingpin BAF's size compared to other Build-A-Figures (as well as some standalone figures). He should NOT be taller than the Abomination BAF (6'8), Colossus (7'5),  etc. If made at his current status, he should be (more or less) the Beast's height. Because of his girth, he should probably be a Build-A-Figure, but he doesn't have to be tall (being large is NOT a mandate for BAF's aka extra/free figures despite many a collector's refusal to accept that FACT).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE