Favorite Marvel Legend of the year so far!

eeron123

There are still more that I need to get :P but I was very pleased with the new Doctor Octopus. Omega Red shook me up with his butterfly joints and interchangeable tentacles. I only bought Lady Deadpool for the BAF piece but her sleek design and excellent joint tolerances turned her into a decidedly solid keeper. Speaking of which, Sauron is easily the best BAF of the year. I've thoroughly enjoyed Shatterstar as well. Spider-Punk has been a great deal of fun. The two-pack movie Cap has the best head sculpt yet! I don't even need the body; the two head sculpts were with the price of admission.

This year was insanely good for ML.  

Personal Favorite: Scarlet Spider (Kaine)

Personal Favorite BAF: Sauron.

In all honesty I could fill in a Top 10 of favorite Legends this year and probably still have 10 honorable mentions, it was a great year!

Fave BAF: Apocalypse (I'm still building Sauron...I refuse to buy Lady Deadpool).

Fave Female: Punk Storm

Fave Male: Bishop

Fave Wolverine: Apocalypse wave

Fave non-BAF villain: Sabretooth

Fave X-Force: Cable (take that Deadpool!)

Fave non-X-man:  The Thing

Fave elusive ML: Silver Surfer :sad:

Biggest Letdown: Psylocke

Anticipated ML for 2019: Professor Xavier in hoverchair

Hands down, the Thing in every way.

Doc Ock would have been higher if it wasn't for the tentacles, Omega Red is awesome, Tiger Stripe Wolverine and Cable are perfect. My favorite BAF is Sauron. Most dissapointing figure was Psylocke and most dissapointing wave was the Avengers movie wave with the MCU Thanos BAF.

Deathlok is a great looking figure that I didn't get because I know nothing of, but looks good.

On 10/31/2018 at 5:51 PM, Hogun said:

Fave BAF: Apocalypse

Fave ML: Ghost Rider w/bike

Biggest Letdown: Cable from the Deadpool wave.

Worst ML: Punk Rock Storm.

Man, I love punk Storm!  But I’m partial to that X-men run. She kicked Cyclops’ ass in that get-up! DEPOWERED

On 10/30/2018 at 10:26 PM, Mangar said:

Easy choice for me - The Thing.

I've been considering selling my ML collection off after assessing how many I accumulated this year and how little space I have to display, and I've already decided that if I do purge the only two I'm keeping are the Thing and Juggernaut wave Deadpool.

This is the definitive thing. So amazing!

On 10/31/2018 at 4:28 PM, greenlucario said:

This year was insanely good for ML.  

Personal Favorite: Scarlet Spider (Kaine)

Personal Favorite BAF: Sauron.

In all honesty I could fill in a Top 10 of favorite Legends this year and probably still have 10 honorable mentions, it was a great year!

Agreed. Hasbro has definitely been stepping up lately. I almost stopped collecting cause they were disappointing me, but they have made huge improvements. First time they are edging out my toybiz faves!

1 hour ago, fleskz said:

I gotta go Apocalypse, but the articulation on Sauron is amazing--I like it way more than I thought I would

Apocalypse's articulation is the same problem I have with the Walmart Exclusive/BAF Thanos figure. They look cool but can't be posed well at all.

I'm very limited to the kind of Marvel Legends I collect, but my personal favorite was the Invincible Iron Man from the Okoye Wave.

It was the first comic Iron Man with an original mold since 2013 (the Deep-Space Armor Iron Man was alright, but the Marvel NOW! Iron Man was an atrocity), and it adapted that armor design almost flawlessly. Not only did it come with a lot of accesories, but they did that specific rendition of Iron Man justice. The Tony Stark head is perfectly modeled after the artwork from David Marquez (plus, it was the first modern comic book Stark headsculpt ever made released en masse). The figure also comes with the snap-on cannon to emulate the suit's shape-shifting abilities. Of course I'm greedy and I would've wanted even more accessories related to the suit's shape-shifting, but I am not unsatisfied with the figure as it is.

This release raised the bar for Iron Man figures. Too bad the Infinity War Iron Man was such a step down.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:58 PM, americamgl said:

Hands down, the Thing in every way.

Doc Ock would have been higher if it wasn't for the tentacles, Omega Red is awesome, Tiger Stripe Wolverine and Cable are perfect. My favorite BAF is Sauron. Most dissapointing figure was Psylocke and most dissapointing wave was the Avengers movie wave with the MCU Thanos BAF.

Deathlok is a great looking figure that I didn't get because I know nothing of, but looks good.

Agreed on Thing. I must respond to your Deathlok comment though because I found it interesting. The fact that you don’t know of or don’t know that much of Deathlok is fine, but shouldn’t we be judging the figure and it’s prospective purchase...on just the figures quality itself lol? In your own words you stated that it’s a great looking figure (I completely agree), so shouldn’t that be enough to buy it lol? Certianly not judging, just inquiring.

I apparently and most definitely wont speak for everybody but for me, I’m an action figure collector first and foremost and whatever line i collect, is just secondary and is only an extension to being a figure collector in and of itself.

Bottom line is (for me) if a figure looks cool and looks worth the money, than I am gonna buy it and not get bogged down in who the character really is or what “team” he will stand next to...or any of that crap. Buying cool looking, well executed toys that are priced right, is the only barrier for entry my wallet cares about lol. When it’s a great figure AND it happens to resonate or connect with you because you have a passion for the character, is just a bonus for me

Off the top of my head (literally), I can say this about the recent Cloak and Dagger figs. I know “of” the characters but I’ve never read their comics, I haven’t watched the show and I’m completely fine with just not knowing all that much about them as characters. But, I thought Hasbro did a great job with them and how the figures can connect with one another with the whole head/cloak thing over Dagger was just awesome and really well executed. A buddy of mine bought them because he had been WAITING for these two to get made for a long time and he simply adores the characters. I bought them because I just thought they were great figures and I could care less about what their history or story is lol. This isn’t the best example I can make or speak to, but for some reason C&D just immediately came to mind for some reason lol.