Favorite Marvel Legend of the year so far!

eeron123

I feel like we have had already quite a substantial year, and got some really nice figures so far, some of the best that come to mind are Dr. Doom, Moon Knight, New She-Hulk, MCU Taskmaster, Dark Beast, AOA Sunfire, Retro Spidey, Retro Green Goblin, First Appearance Storm, Maverick, Gray Widow, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Classic War Machine, also a bunch of figures I can't personally speak about since I don't have them but they seem amazing like Movie Deadpool, Movie Domino, X-Men 1 Hugh jackman, Movie Mystique, Movie Venom, Legacy Rogue, Kang, and all of this is excluding BAFs and Deluxes, because BAF wise Sugar Man is fantastic, Demon Goblin is great, I don't have Venompool but that looks awesome, deluxe boys like AOA Apoc, Red Hulk, Venom/Toxin. I also can't forget how rad Stan The Man Lee is!

It's been an overall $h1tty year, but Hasbro Marvel Legends has really been doing a great job nonetheless.

These represent the best of the best in craftmanship and execution. I'm not even a fan of She-Hulk and yet I loved her figure so much, I had to include it on my list! Just shows what they can do when they want to.

Sunfire AOA, Hellfire Club Box Set, War Machine, Moon Knight, (She) Hulk, Spider-Man, Superior Doc Ock, Maverick

Honorable Mention: Storm (from the 2pack), Kingpin, Nimrod, Dr. Doom, Shang-Chi

Not that anyone cares....

But the "honorable mention" category I placed Storm in was because of the changes that were supposed to have been made but weren't. Had they but fixed her upper torso and given her the yellow cuffs she's always worn with that classic outfit, Storm would have been my number 1 pick for 2020.

Kingpin is another magnificent figure. He's a bit too big though (out of scale) and some pinstriping in those stylish slack would've gone a long way.

Nimrod, just for the sheer audacity of making this figure, which by its own design, is going to have limited articulation (frankly he's got more than I thought he would have). But they did a fantastic job anyway!

It was hard not putting in Dr. Doom. The one thing that kept him out was the overly long tunic. Get me on another day and I may not have even cared.

Shang-Chi was one I was not gonna buy, simply because I wanted him in his full outfit (gi) and I know its coming. On the other hand he comes with an array of hands and weapons that I don't think we'll see when they release the "classic" figure. So I broke down and got him and he's excellent.

In no particular order but the following has made me love this hobby all the more for existing:

Red Hulk

Moon Knight

Dr. Doom

Kang

War Machine

Corvus Glaive

80th versions of Cap, Iron Man and Thor (still 2020?, regardless definitive versions, give us more Classics please)

Kinda loving that Jocasta was made. Simple figure but they captured her perfectly

• 3 weeks later...

My fave Marvel Legend this year is: (1) Mystique (X-men 1 movie). Excellent sculpt and I'm a fanboy of those Original X-men films.

(2) Fave BAF: Strong Guy

(3) Fave Wave figure: Dr Doom (Super Skrull Wave)

(4) (5) Fave Boxed Set: White Queen (Hellfire Club Set) and Black Queen (Hellfire Club Set). But so many great Boxed Sets this year. Definitely the year of the X-men Boxed set.

(6) Storm (Giant-Size X-men 2-Pack)

(7) Black Widow (Gray comic Walmart Exclusive)

(8) Shang Chi (Demogoblin Wave)

(9) Sunfire (AOA Wave)

(10) Warpath (Strong Guy Wave)

12 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

My nostalgia favorite is AoA Jean Grey. I loved the AoA Weapon X series as a kid. When I look at that Jean figure I think, "So cool," and also, "What a weird outfit. Is that what it really looked like?" AoA was awesome for all the redesigns. Jean's look is different, but kind of goofy and dull. Still, a favorite.

That Jean does look nice and, with that short hair, is a unique look for her.

I still haven't put that whole AOA wave on my display because (1) with only 7 figures + BAF Sugarman + Blink, I can't justify a whole shelf to them. I *could* put Sugarman in my rogues gallery but my villains shelf is full enough as it is, and Sugarman is like 5 figures in shelf space (I did fit Dark Beast in there); (2) I can't combine it in a shelf unlike the disparate teams of 90s X-Force, 90s X-Factor, 80s Alpha Flight, who I have dedicated shelf to.

I haven't decided yet if I want Hasbro to do a second AOA wave. Like you AOA was happening right when I was collecting comics so it *should* be my jam. A second wave will force me to give them a shelf though. All that said I do want an AOA Rogue.

I don't have the Hellfire Club box set in hand yet, so I won't include any of them in my list, though I do expect Black Queen and/or White Queen would make the cut. With that caveat in mind, here's my Top 10:

1. Shang-Chi (Demogoblin wave)
  2. War Machine (deluxe)
  3. Doctor Doom (retro FF exclusive)
  4. Spider-Man (retro wave)
  5. Moon Knight (Walgreens exclusive)
  6. Storm (X-Men 2-pack)
  7. Kingpin (retro exclusive)
  8. Kang (Gamerverse Joe Fixit wave)
  9. The Leader (Gamerverse Abomination wave)
  10. Crossbones (Black Widow movie wave)

This has been a fantastic year for my bucket list favs, and I'm still playing catch-up, lol (Still need to get my hands on Moon Knight and Nimrod).

Any how, Kang would be my number 1 fav of the year. My first intro to him was way back in the day in Marvel Treasury edition #27. I loved the character; he was mysterious, he looked bizarre, but in a cool way, had a cool name and was from the future. All just totally rad to my then 8 year old mind. I was never able to get the Secret Wars version, and never saw the Toybiz FF Classics version in the wild (and refused to pay ebay prices for it too). Now at long last he stands in a place of honor on my desk, and that Hasbro went the extra mile with all the bonus hands and blaster made it all the sweeter!

Captain Mar-Vell is another fav. The figure is alright, I'd have preferred non-windswept hair and more metallic paint and perhaps a gesturing hand, but despite all that, it's Mar-Vell; always had a thing for this tragic hero and having an updated version at long last is wicked.

Classic Storm!!! She's a centerpiece of my modest collection, and I'm really happy with all the bonuses Hasbro added!

Doctor Doom. Nuff said! 

Silver Centurion Iron-Man would have been a fav too had hasbro given him boot swivel joints (why hasbro why??) and metallic red paint. As is, the cost-cutting measures render him a distant runner up.

18 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

My fave Marvel Legend this year is: (1) Mystique (X-men 1 movie). Excellent sculpt and I'm a fanboy of those Original X-men films.

(2) Fave BAF: Strong Guy

(3) Fave Wave figure: Dr Doom (Super Skrull Wave)

(4) (5) Fave Boxed Set: White Queen (Hellfire Club Set) and Black Queen (Hellfire Club Set). But so many great Boxed Sets this year. Definitely the year of the X-men Boxed set.

(6) Storm (Giant-Size X-men 2-Pack)

(7) Black Widow (Gray comic Walmart Exclusive)

(8) Shang Chi (Demogoblin Wave)

(9) Sunfire (AOA Wave)

(10) Warpath (Strong Guy Wave)

That Jean does look nice and, with that short hair, is a unique look for her.

I still haven't put that whole AOA wave on my display because (1) with only 7 figures + BAF Sugarman + Blink, I can't justify a whole shelf to them. I *could* put Sugarman in my rogues gallery but my villains shelf is full enough as it is, and Sugarman is like 5 figures in shelf space (I did fit Dark Beast in there); (2) I can't combine it in a shelf unlike the disparate teams of 90s X-Force, 90s X-Factor, 80s Alpha Flight, who I have dedicated shelf to.

I haven't decided yet if I want Hasbro to do a second AOA wave. Like you AOA was happening right when I was collecting comics so it *should* be my jam. A second wave will force me to give them a shelf though. All that said I do want an AOA Rogue.

I feel ya, bro. The shelf-space struggle is real. It's a fun hobby, and I love a nice display, but it can be frustrating.