2018 Lucca Comic Con - Hasbro Marvel Legends Official Images - Puma & 6-Arm Spider-Man

JayC

Shown below are the official images showing off the newly re-revealed Marvel Legends 6" Puma and 6-Armed Spider-Man figures. Both have been confirmed to be rounding out the upcoming Spider-Man Kingpin Build-A-Figure wave due out early next year. The other figures in the wave include Modern Symbiote Spider-Man, Red Goblin, Black Cat, Silver Sable and Night Thrasher.

Marvel%20Legends%20Series%206-inch%20Puma%20Figure%20(Spider-Man%20wave)__scaled_600.jpg

Marvel%20Legends%20Series%206-inch%20Six%20Arm%20Spider-Man%20Figure%20(Spider-Man%20wave)__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends56__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends54__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends51__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends48__scaled_600.jpg

2018-NYCC-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends45__scaled_600.jpg

Marvel%20Legends%20Series%206-inch%20Night%20Thrasher%20Figure%20(Spider-Man,%20Wave%201)__scaled_600.jpg

Im not really excited about any ot these figures (except for Silver Sable, Might en up picking up the 6 Arm Spiderman but I dont really like the mold they used on him and Im betting his paint apps will be lacking just like spider hamm) but that Kingpin looks amazing, I guess Ill have to buy a kingping built from a reseller

That Puma looks like the Buckycap mold with Jackal parts. Or it could be the Spider-UK mold with the Jackal parts. I can't tell the difference between the Buckycap mold and the Hyperion mold without having the figures in-person since they are essentially the same mold except one is larger. That Six-Armed Spidey seriously needs an ab crunch.

1 hour ago, StinkyMonkey said:

I don’t understand why there is discrimination against a “sexy” female body. Larger breasts and curvy hips naturally exist in reality, as well as define the look of some characters such as Black Cat... I love what marvel legends is producing but seriously hope this isn’t the new norm.

Believe me, you're not the only one to notice this. We've actually been discussing this on the forums. The SJW agenda strikes again. Being a beautiful, curvaceous, strong woman is offensive and hurtful these days. Marvel, or most likely Big Daddy Disney is making the curvy female buck go the way of the dodo bird. They want it gone so much they're actually going back and redoing all those offensive figures like Spider-Woman and Black Cat that soo maliciously used it in the past. No doubt Captain Marvel will follow in short order. The last time that buck  was used was with the Scream figure, but I'm pretty sure only because it was sturdy enough to support the large hair structure of the figure. The only good thing is they might do a modern Rogue cuz, of course, they'll have to tone her down as well.

20 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Believe me, you're not the only one to notice this. We've actually been discussing this on the forums. The SJW agenda strikes again. Being a beautiful, curvaceous, strong woman is offensive and hurtful these days. Marvel, or most likely Big Daddy Disney is making the curvy female buck go the way of the dodo bird. They want it gone so much they're actually going back and redoing all those offensive figures like Spider-Woman and Black Cat that soo maliciously used it in the past. No doubt Captain Marvel will follow in short order. The last time that buck  was used was with the Scream figure, but I'm pretty sure only because it was sturdy enough to support the large hair structure of the figure. The only good thing is they might do a modern Rogue cuz, of course, they'll have to tone her down as well.

IDK, seems like the figure is pretty true to modern comics. Yes its a toned down look from the original Black Cat look especially when artists like Scott J Campbell drew her. Yes comics used to be geared primarily  for young male readers and most female characters where drawn very voluptuous and in skin tight outfits that showed off women's features that appealed most to males. Nowadays comics are done to try and attract as many female readers as male so they've been toned down.  Strictly from a male perspective, the older ways were more appealing but I can understand in this day and age the need for that being toned down. Whether you want to blame SJW agendas or just that comic companies are desperately looking for ways to expand the demographics that buy them is your choice but def there is a shift.

2014493.jpg

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

The last time that buck  was used was with the Scream figure, but I'm pretty sure only because it was sturdy enough to support the large hair structure of the figure. The only good thing is they might do a modern Rogue cuz, of course, they'll have to tone her down as well.

Good call on why they used that mold for Scream. That makes sense.   I was wondering why it was OK to use it for her but not some of the other female characters.  It’s true that new black cat isn’t too far off from the more modern looking comic black cat but I also hope this isn’t going to be a continuing pattern, which it most likely is, especially with Disney.  We’ll see what happens when this new Emma Frost figure gets revealed. That should truly show how things are going to go from here on out   

2 hours ago, JayC said:

IDK, seems like the figure is pretty true to modern comics. Yes its a toned down look from the original Black Cat look especially when artists like Scott J Campbell drew her. Yes comics used to be geared primarily  for young male readers and most female characters where drawn very voluptuous and in skin tight outfits that showed off women's features that appealed most to males. Nowadays comics are done to try and attract as many female readers as male so they've been toned down.  Strictly from a male perspective, the older ways were more appealing but I can understand in this day and age the need for that being toned down. Whether you want to blame SJW agendas or just that comic companies are desperately looking for ways to expand the demographics that buy them is your choice but def there is a shift.

2014493.jpg

I can see how it can be perceived that way as well, but what kind of female readers are they trying to attract? Is the preference for thin females with unobtainably small waists and show through abs only, cuz from my experience a lot of women I know, and certainly a lot that I know through the comic community seem to more resemble the more womanly curved Moonstone buck over the ultra thin cardio junkie Kate Bishop buck. Which body type is being more discriminated against? They're both fine bucks, and actually on a personal level I do prefer the thinner fit woman body type in real life, buuuut honestly, up until recent years, most of the females in comics fit the Moonstone buck rather than the Kate Bishop buck. Even today it's still about a 50/50 margin. I know so many artist have their signature way to draw female characters, but to lean one way over the other can be perceived as exclusionary, don't you think? To me, Campbell's body type seems a hell a lot less obtainable than say Frank Cho or Amanda Conner body types. Yes, both require some sort of genetic gifts, but tiny waists, shredded abs, proportionately large busts & hips with super toned thighs? That just doesn't happen quite as often as generally fit, athletic yet curvy looking figures. In the real world, which one do you think would more resonate with your every day modern woman?  But either way, shouldn't there be room for both body tyes in ML? I mean they keep improving and adding to the stable of male bucks, but to my knowledge, other than the large out of scale bucks and some BAFs none of them seem to be intentionally phased out permanently. Bottom line, making a noted and deliberate effort to promote one type over the other can be skewed to be discriminatory from either side. Again, which side have they chosen to cater to? And does catering to one side mean alienating the other?

I got very sad about this toned down figures. Black Cat can't be less sexy because the sexiness is a core part of the character. 

Silver Sable looks cool and all but Black Cat is just wrong.  This wave has great figures and some not so good. At least for me. The top figure is definitely Kingpin. One of the best BAF they have put up.  About the "new" reveals I think enough has been said. The 6 arm spidey is cool and to be cost effective I see that would be complicated to incorporate more articulation on the torso and also there is the matter of stability.  

9 hours ago, JayC said:

2014493.jpg

J Scott Campbell makes all females look good. One of my favorite artists. With that said I have the original release Black Cat Legend (the sexy one), so I see no need for the PC police one.

All those thousands of poor voluptuous women who are forced to cosplay in their favorite sexy costumed lady superheroes suits... surely their opinion is wrong on loving the classic versions of their favorite characters. Someone needs to tell them they were drawn "for male readers". Haha GTFO with that SJW script nonsense. They are iconic for a reason. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with a voluptuous “sexy” female body.

I'm gonna avoid getting into the female buck discussion or how they're now being drawn over at Marvel but those of you that know me, know which side I stand on in this topic. Plus unless the female character is a must have essential member of a team that I like & wanna team build such as Avengers, X-Men, Alpha Flight, I really won't buy her if she's not part of a team. The only exception to that rule is Elektra whom I have yet to find in stores.  I have seen excellent, almost Hasbro like customs of 6 arms Spidey that fully retain the ab/torso/Waist articulation so Hasbro really had zero excuses for excluding it on this figure. They just phoned this one in with the mindset that "hey, it's another umpteenth Spidey, these chumps will buy it regardless of mid section articulation or not", Fortunately the only 2 Spideys I'll ever want or need are classic Pizza Spidey & Black symbiote costume Spidey.  I think it's gotten ridiculous how all Marvel has to do is stick a new look Spidey costume in 1 damn comic panel for a 1 issue app & people out there go crazy wanting it. Same with DP, I'm only looking to buy his classic 90s figure & I'm done with his character. 

With Wolvy, I can see waning 4-5 different looks such as classic Tiger stripes/Brown suit/Weapon X/Patch & DOFP & his "Fang" costume which better come with an actual alternate Fang head sculpt to sneak in another member of the Imperial Guard.

Now when it comes to Ironman, I will take any all classic comic armors Hasbro can give us! IMO, he is the only tier 1 Marvel character that rates multiple different figures. I would like 2 versions of Thor, classic version with alternate bearded head sculpt, & Eric Masterson 90s Thor with metal face mask.

Thor the mighty.jpg

Thor beard classic.jpg

Thor bearded.jpg

On 10/31/2018 at 5:38 PM, FASVB said:

I got very sad about this toned down figures. Black Cat can't be less sexy because the sexiness is a core part of the character. 

Silver Sable looks cool and all but Black Cat is just wrong.  This wave has great figures and some not so good.

This new Black Cat will be another pegwarmer like Spiderwoman. Psylocke is another character I wish they would have made with the Rogue or Invisible Woman body. That new retro Wasp has the more curvy body and it is one of the most wanted figures from that wave.

19 hours ago, americamgl said:

This new Black Cat will be another pegwarmer like Spiderwoman. Psylocke is another character I wish they would have made with the Rogue or Invisible Woman body. That new retro Wasp has the more curvy body and it is one of the most wanted figures from that wave.

The good thing about Psylocke is the accessories and overall look. They could have put pants on her. Can you imagine that? Much worse.