Marvel Legends Vintage 6" Black Panther Figure Video Review & Image Gallery

JayC

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

No, I had not heard of the Black Marvel story until you wrote your response.

after yourself and Atlantis responded I checked my EpicCollection. In Avengers #74 Panther is captured by the Sons of The Serpent. Their plan is to reveal that Panther is a black guy to destabilize race relations in America. A direct quote from T’Challa : “ The Serpents want to cause a civil war.. to set black against white! And what better way to reveal that the Panther..who is also an Avenger.. is both black and a marauder”

so he must have been hiding his identity for some reason other than a one off story. 

And in a real Scooby Doo moment the Serpents unmask a fake Panther who is black but isn’t Tchalla, Who later in this issue gets unmasked again by the real Panther to reveal a white guy under a black guy mask under a Panther mask... as I said strange times haha

Wow. That almost makes the Spider-Man thing make sense.

And actually @watanabefans article explains the whole hiding his race thing. It’s a quick read if anyone is curious and it is also from the Avengers comic I was talking about..haha now ask me when my wife’s birthdate is...  my useless knowledge knows no bounds

15 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

That would be a great buy. If its possible for a retcon character to have a "classic" look, I prefer his first one over the "modern" flak vest thing he's been wearing.

2954303-5256354473-blue-.jpg

I think this outfit looks just so generic superhero though, the newer incarnation of his suit gives him some personality, I doubt Hasbro would do this version (at all), and the Flack vest BM is what we will get, and I'd be happy with it, but it could be a possibility we get this

spacer.png

which I'd way rather have the flack vest version, but I mean seriously if we do get a Blue Marvel (we will this year I bet), we really need Anti-Man as well.

22 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

"I think this outfit looks just so generic superhero though"....

spacer.png

Right, but he was supposed to have a "retro", generic superhero look, because that was the era he initially came from. Even the name is a call back to older generations. But either way, they should include different heads.

18 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Right, but he was supposed to have a "retro", generic superhero look, because that was the era he initially came from. Even the name is a call back to older generations. But either way, they should include different heads.

Yes Indeed, but I just like his newer costume with the vest better, and I think when Hasbro does him they will give us that version, I mean I'd buy any Blue Marvel they gave us, I wouldn't complain, generic or not I couldn't pretend I wouldn;t.