Marvel Legends A.I.M. Soldier Figure 2-Pack Video Review & Images Video Review & Image Gallery

JayC

Whoever wants to complain about this because of the Paladin repaint that’s fine but I am so glad to have a reasonably priced way to army build. You couldn’t get a single aim goon for less than 40 bucks at least on the secondary. And though I was at first dissappointed when I saw the paladin repaint it has since grown on me and I’m happy with some variation. Really paladin himself isn’t a bad figure to army build. Just replace that purple with some black and bam. The accessories that came with this pack are great!

Maybe it's just me, but isn't the purpose of the term 'Army builder" supposed to mean, "multiples of the same uniformed character"? In the military, the #1 distinctive mark of an Army is the same exact uniformity of their attire. You don't see soldiers wearing different colored cammies or one soldier wearing a beret while the other wears a standard cover. Won soldier isn't wearing Blue leather boots while the rest wear Black leather boots or desert tan boots. I just wanted AIM grunts that are wearing the same exact uniform but have on something slightly different to tell who's the OIC such as maybe a distinctive should patch. 

Same for the Hydra 2 pack. I wanted 2 exact Hydra grunts with one sporting a different head sculpt from the other, instead we get a roided up Hydra fig on the Captain Britian buck with the CB helmet to boot!  A regular Hydra figure sporting a jetpack woulda been cool. Pics below is what I consider "army building". I hope when they do their next 'Army builder" 2 pack that they don't continue doing that. I want a 2 pack of Hand Ninjas to be exactly that, 2 Hand Ninjas in Red with an assortment of Ninja weapons & alternate hands, nothing more, nothing less.  Less is more.

They did great with the SHIELD agent figure, gave it 3 alternate heads while keeping the basic buck SHIELD uniform, no Hulking sized agent was needed. All that was needed was multiples of these 2 with alternate open/closed hands & a few more relatable accessories. I want a Guardsmen 2 pack, that means 2 of the same. Again, open hands & fists. Just scale up to the 6' scale those awesome  MU 4' Guardsmen! I had 15 of those guys back when the IM 4' line 1st came out & they came with $5  coupons in em. I musta bought 10 of em with that! "Army builder" means exactly that, building an Army of the same characters, it's not rocket science.

Hydra  hail Hydra.jpg

Hydra grunts.jpg

Hydra AIM.jpg

AIM grunts.jpg

Hydra marvel legends grunts.jpg

AIM squad.jpg

Guardsman.gif

Guardsman_armor.jpg

Guardsmen armorwar5.jpg

Guardsmen_(Earth-616).jpg

guardsman_marvel universe.jpg

I finally managed to score this two-pack yesterday. At first I wanted to get two two-packs, but I’m actually happy with just the one, but that’s not a knock against how much I like it.

I think the black gloves on the standard AIM goon looks better than the yellow on the first release. I really like this buck and I’m still surprised Hasbro hasn’t used it for a Red Skull yet. But, that’s an accepted inevitability right? 

The guns were everything I expected to come in the pack with “AIM” written all over everything because of course a group of egotistical scientists would do that lol The accessories that really excited me were the backpack and (as simple as they are and as silly as it sounds) the shoulder straps. I was so happy that they included two because my Wolf Cap needed something better than those loose fiddly things he came with.

My only disappointment was with the Scourge head they included. It just doesn’t say AIM to me. I know this is all about parts re-use, but if I could have my pick of existing head sculpts to use for generic troopers, I have went with the Boomerang head. It’s juuuuuust generic enough to work. I just can’t use the Paladin head on the shock troop body because then it’s just Paladin in yellow lol but it works okay on the AIM goon because it looks like something he might be wearing under his bee-keeper hood, redundant visors and all lol

3 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Maybe it's just me, but isn't the purpose of the term 'Army builder" supposed to mean, "multiples of the same uniformed character"? In the military, the #1 distinctive mark of an Army is the same exact uniformity of their attire. You don't see soldiers wearing different colored cammies or one soldier wearing a beret while the other wears a standard cover. Won soldier isn't wearing Blue leather boots while the rest wear Black leather boots or desert tan boots. I just wanted AIM grunts that are wearing the same exact uniform but have on something slightly different to tell who's the OIC such as maybe a distinctive should patch. 

Same for the Hydra 2 pack. I wanted 2 exact Hydra grunts with one sporting a different head sculpt from the other, instead we get a roided up Hydra fig on the Captain Britian buck with the CB helmet to boot!  A regular Hydra figure sporting a jetpack woulda been cool. Pics below is what I consider "army building". I hope when they do their next 'Army builder" 2 pack that they don't continue doing that. I want a 2 pack of Hand Ninjas to be exactly that, 2 Hand Ninjas in Red with an assortment of Ninja weapons & alternate hands, nothing more, nothing less.  Less is more.

They did great with the SHIELD agent figure, gave it 3 alternate heads while keeping the basic buck SHIELD uniform, no Hulking sized agent was needed. All that was needed was multiples of these 2 with alternate open/closed hands & a few more relatable accessories. I want a Guardsmen 2 pack, that means 2 of the same. Again, open hands & fists. Just scale up to the 6' scale those awesome  MU 4' Guardsmen! I had 15 of those guys back when the IM 4' line 1st came out & they came with $5  coupons in em. I musta bought 10 of em with that! "Army builder" means exactly that, building an Army of the same characters, it's not rocket science.

Yeah, but. I mostly agree with this. You mainly want a uniform army. But it’s nice to have a couple variations available. There’s definitely been some alternate uniforms for aim. (See picture). But i definitely would have rather had two of the same character with some accessories in a two pack and had the one totally different figure in an optional solo pack. I’m just glad for greater availability of these figures to build with. 

6BB95C68-0C92-46CC-8E15-656B56F2C043.jpeg

We know who Paladin is. It’s the idea of his generic trooper-type look that makes him, with a little paint and customization, a decent army-builder type. Just like the Scourge/Demolition man figure lots of people have used to army build.