Best of 2018 Voting

tarot

Hey guys. As people know, every year Nearcompleteset.com does a Best of Marvel Legends poll to see which is the best figures of the year. It is broken down into categories, similar to what the Oscars or the Emmys are. This year I am doing something different and breaking it down into different voting period for different categories.

Best Wave Assortment, BAF, Packaging Design and Exclusives - winners!! - https://nearcompleteset.com/2018/11/13/best-wave-assortment-baf-packaging-and-exclusives-winners/

Part 2 results here -https://nearcompleteset.com/2018/11/20/best-of-2018-comic-categories-results/

part 3 results here -https://nearcompleteset.com/2018/11/27/results-best-mcu-figure-2018/

Finals results here - https://nearcompleteset.com/2018/12/04/best-marvel-legend-figure-of-2018-winners/

Thanks!  This will be fun. Bet Hasbro sees it too. 

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Hey guys. As people know, every year Nearcompleteset.com does a Best of Marvel Legends poll to see which is the best figures of the year. It is broken down into categories, similar to what the Oscars or the Emmys are. This year I am doing something different and breaking it down into different voting period for different categories.

You can vote for the Best Wave Assortment, BAF, Packaging and Exclusive (Single and 2-packs) here -

https://nearcompleteset.survey.fm/best-assortment-baf-packaging

daily reminder (since most of you only go to the activity page) Please vote for the wave Assortment, Baf, Packaging and Exclusives here. voting for these will end Tuesday - https://nearcompleteset.survey.fm/best-assortment-baf-packaging

Also note I will be doing the Newcomers, Remakes, Re-Release, Villain, Spider-People, X-men (which will include those from the Deadpool waves) and Deadpools (This year only) However if anyone has a suggestion on more categories please let me know.

I will be doing a special MCU categories the week after so don't suggest those.

Nice!  The only one that I definitely wouldn’t have voted for was the MCU packaging one. And that’s probably because I’m partial the other way. Not that it was bad, but I though the Venom wave looked awesome and the Deadpool 2 wave was something different and fun. Agree 100% with the results of the rest.  I don’t think I picked the Sentibel for best two pack cause I definitely picked an army builder set. 

Yes, Sauron definitely deserved that win.  While I don't agree, I can't same I'm surprised about the X-Men wave taking best assortment.  Thing deserves it too.  Packaging and 2 packs were a wash for me, so not affected one way or the other by the results.  Can't wait to see the next round.

Personally, I voted for the X-men wave because It did have a great assortment but I liked the Lizard wave just as well.

I definitely glad Sauron one. It is up there with the best figure of the year, Best baf ever and best figure of all time. 

Had no interest in the packaging but someone suggested it so I put it in. I think Vintage should have won just look better.

Thing definitely should win. It's going to be tough to vote for this or Sauron.

I voted for the Ant-man and Stinger but the AIM Soldier was winning up until the last couple of days. 

Not mad that Sauron won (I voted for Apocalypse) but he's definitely a figure hardly anyone would think Hasbro/Toybiz would be able to produce. Kudos Hasbro!

Just wondering why Gladiator is a meh figure? I wasn't collecting then, but is it because most people have him? Was the SDCC exclusive easy to find?

14 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Just wondering why Gladiator is a meh figure? I wasn't collecting then, but is it because most people have him? Was the SDCC exclusive easy to find?

Mainly because of SDCC figure but also because of that outdated body and (some) people thinking he shouldn't be in the X-men wave, even though he is mostly associated with them.

10 minutes ago, fleskz said:

How can this be decided when 2018 isn't over? There's still more coming out.

if you mean the M'Baku wave that is not out until late December which to many people is too late to be included as it will only be coming out and many people won't get it until 2019. Thus it was excluded from the selections.  This also includes the Deadpool/Prof X rider set and the Hydra Leader set.

Also it may be early but there was a ton of stuff released so there is no worry about not having enough selection. 

Also the Winter/Spring rush makes people forget most of the figure of the last year so it better to get it done earlier then when the year ends.

Finally, November to December are always Best of the year months. Not only NCS but many other sites and youtubers. 

Also this is just plain fun.

23 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Not mad that Sauron won (I voted for Apocalypse) but he's definitely a figure hardly anyone would think Hasbro/Toybiz would be able to produce. Kudos Hasbro!

Actually not an easy set to come by, but for those that did go out of their way to get it, it kind of burns a bit.  I mean it was great the first time don't get me wrong, (I loved having him for the role he had in the Thanos Imperative) but he's kind of a one and done character since most of his different looks are color swaps.  I'm glad for newer collectors to get the chance, just kind of wish he wasn't in a big wave like the Apocalypse wave.

On 11/13/2018 at 8:33 PM, tarot said:

reminder if you haven't voted for the second part yet. there is a couple of ties so your vote could make the difference.