Stan Lee Dies At Age 95 - RIP Stan

JayC

It's always sad to report when someone passes away but I know this one will be especially hard for the fandom. I was fortunate enough to get to meet Mr. Lee by happenstance during one of the first SDCC I attended about 18 yrs ago. At the time I was staying at the Marriott next to the SD Convention center and was getting into the elevator to go up to my room when to my surprise there he was standing talking to anther gentleman. Normally I am not someone to pester celebrities for things like pictures in a setting like that but I just could not resist. I asked if I could take a picture and he graciously agreed. I am by no means close and personally friends but he seemed like someone who generally loved to interact with his fans and always appreciated them regardless of how famous he became. RIP Stan you will be missed.

I am absolutely heart broken by this.  My wife called me less than an hour ago to tell me and I just couldn't believe. 

Then I read the news and still couldn't. The biggest comic icon that ever lived. There will never be someone like him. 

I am extremely heartbroken. His creations have given me the confidence boost I needed to survive at school. He really helped me grow as a person. I use the Hogun the Grim identity because he gives me confidence. I am deeply saddened by this and no amount of tribute is enough to thank this amazing man.

The worlds alittle less bright without Stan Lee in it. Him and his comics have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I was the poor skinny kid who got bullied all the time. Spiderman was my hero and I wanted to be like him. Kept me on the straight and narrow when I was a kid. Your the real here Stan. Rest in peace and excellsior. 

So sad to read about this.  Found out a few minutes ago when I signed out of my e-mail account.  Already having a not so good day today(Personal reasons), but this just adds to it.  Had to come here to comment at least in respect for the man.

I have to say that I'm officially Old.  After we lost Adam West(1960's T.V. Batman) back in 2017.  I mentioned that once Stan Lee dies, I'll know I'm Old for sure.  Well, it appears that day has happened. 

It just seems so impossible that he could die.  In all the recent interviews I've seen him in, it just didn't seem possible.  Always seem to have a sense of energy in him, like he could almost never die.  But in the end, he was still a mortal like all of us, and eventually his time came up.  Still, I felt he could of lived to at least 100.

So sorry to read that that his last year or 2 in life wasn't a good one.  Hope he gets the Peace he deserves.  World is a bit less bright now that he's gone, but in a way, he'll always be around thanks to the influence in the Marvel characters he helped created, and the influence in comics in general.   So long Stan The Man.

"Excelsior!" indeed.

The worlds alittle less bright without Stan Lee in it. Him and his comics have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I was the poor skinny kid who got bullied all the time. Spiderman was my hero and I wanted to be like him. Rest in peace and excellsior. 

It’s very unlikely that we would all be talking to each other right here on these forums if it wasn’t for Mr. Stan Lee. We can all celebrate how much joy he brought all of us and that we can all share that together today. He’s at a much deserved peace now. We love you Stan the man

This is truly a sad day, a day ive been trying to prepare for for a few years now. Everytime I log into facebook its always a big story of a big celebrity died and I always get nervous that Id see Stans death posted.. and now its happened. You cant prepare for it but be positive and see that he led a superior and long life filled with positivity and creativity. Hes inspired so many people including myself. Its immeasurable what he has helped create and what even with his inspiration to others will create. Long live Stan the man in life, spirit and everlasting love for telling wonderful stories with wonderful characters. Excelsior! 

This is incredibly sad. I'm not one to get hung up on celebrities passing away, but I am deeply shaken by his passing. Fortunately, the light the Generalissimo shone on the world is kept alive and burns brighter thanks to his legacy. The world was lucky enough to enjoy The Man for 95 years, and we should be grateful we'll get to keep enjoying his creations until we join him. 

Ohh no :( ! Ah, this is sad news indeed. Another legend has departed us. Sigh...

Thank you Mr Stan the Man Lee, thank you for all you shared with us. Your creations comforted me, entertained me, inspired me and so many of us all over the world. It's hard to put to words just how much he impacted the world with his vision, and creations/ co-creations. World Changer for sure, and easily one of the greatest of all the modern era. Thank sir, God Bless you, Godspeed and Excelsior! RIP!

I was at the Matty Collector panel at San Diego Comic Con in 2013.  I was there for the DC stuff, but the panel had a much bigger emphasis on Masters of the Universe that year.  Scott Neitlich had a Masters figure made with Stan's likeness, and the prototype made it's debut at the Con.  Stan came to the panel to check out the figure in person and to say "Excelsior" to those of us who had piled into the small room.

I'm very sad .. but after thinking about it I could see it .. Stan was a genius and he still is ... he left for months to premiere Avengers 4 .. imagine the farewell they will do .. the homage to Stan will make the movie more epic .. as he would like. Thank you for giving us a spectacular world and making our childhood an incredible dream

I cant imagine Marvel without Stan Lee. Stan Lee IS Marvel. Whether we're talking about comics, tv, movies or action figures on this page, its almost always Marvel and there would have been no Marvel without Stan. Comics have been and still are a big part of my life; in no small way, Mr. Fantastic, Spider-Man, the Sub-Mariner, the Black Panther, Storm and of course, the Vision (!) were very much like role models to me. But although its very sad, we should all be happy that Stan the Man lived to see his brilliant, extraordinary universe brought to life on the big screen and immortalized for all time. EXCELSIOR!