Will we finally get a comic based Falcon and Winter Soldier?

monron999

3 hours ago, mako said:

Remember how long it takes to film a TV series. Plus, being on the inside, there's a better than average chance the Has' knew about Cottonmouth being on Cage looong before we did.

Given he turned up also in LEGO Avegners, may also suggest that maybe someone at Marvel Licensing department likes him.

12 hours ago, leokearon said:

Of course it increases the chances, but chances are if they do a Disney+ wave, it will more than likely be MCU versions. While a standard Avengers mave will have a better chance of being a comic version.

Also Cottonmouth came out a whole year before the Luke Cage series, so he doesn't count, the other do.

Not to point out the obvious, but you guys do understand the Cottonmouth from Serpent Society and the one from the Power Man and Iron Fist corner of the Marvel Universe are two totally different people that have absolutely no correlation to each other after the names, don't you? The figure that came out on the Avengers wave is not in any way associated to the Luke Cage Netflix series. Do Hasbrouck take advantage of a very small possibility of name recognition with the character? Maybe, but I tend to think he was a very easy figure to make and another Serpent Society figure as always an easy filler.

1 hour ago, mako said:

Okay, I don't know why this concept is so hard to fathom. A character being on TV makes it more desirable as a potential action figure.

The bean counters DON'T CARE that Serpent Society Cottonmouth is different from "Pimp Stormtrooper" Cottonmouth.

Ya, I know the creative team uses whatever sneaky, sly, or even underhanded trick (I'm sure simple name recognition is one of them), to slide another character in under the radar and they've been pretty successful whenever possible, but do you really think they went about it by tricking the "bean counters" into thinking Pimp Cottonmouth (lol, thanks for that one) and SS Cottonmouth were somehow the same guy, or is it not more likely that they just said, "Hey here's another character from the Serpent Society which is a pretty significant, albeit a little silly, criminal organizaton in Captain America/Avengers history, plus he'll be super easy to make using existing design and will require ZERO accessories"? It just seems like a pretty thin and very long stretch to me, and that it's it's being discussed like it's fact that the Netflix character had any bearing on the release of the figure almost an entire year in advance seems really strange. Maybe it's just me. But hell, who knows what goes on in all those pitch meetings anyway? All we can pretty much be sure of is if it has anything to do with the MCU franchises it's almost definitely going to get the automatic green light, so maybe. I guess. But not really, cuz that would bring us right back around to the major question at hand. Even if they were somehow able to convince the suits at Hasbro that the two were the same character, and then they were somehow able to sell them on a comic based figure on a "B Lister" like Cottonmouth due to his totally dissimilar appearance on a Netflix series, why the hell haven't they been able to get them on board for a comic based Falcon or WinSol from directly related characters from the far more successful movie franchises?

10 hours ago, monron999 said:

Not to point out the obvious, but you guys do understand the Cottonmouth from Serpent Society and the one from the Power Man and Iron Fist corner of the Marvel Universe are two totally different people that have absolutely no correlation to each other after the names, don't you? The figure that came out on the Avengers wave is not in any way associated to the Luke Cage Netflix series. Do Hasbrouck take advantage of a very small possibility of name recognition with the character? Maybe, but I tend to think he was a very easy figure to make and another Serpent Society figure as always an easy filler.

I know that, that was what I was pointing out.

Still Cottonmouth was a strange choice, given there were more famous members  they could have chosen first and given then had to sculpt a new head means it wasn't that easy. Like I said given he also appeared in LEGO Avengers, means someone in the licencing department must have been a fan.