Uncanny X-Men #11 - Devastation

JayC

11 hours ago, RecklessEndangerment said:

Seriously.  I've been thinking this for years.  Nothing ever seems to get any better,  does it?

That's why I quit the X-Men comics, it is just doom and gloom nearly all the time. Unfortunately Marvel seem to believe if they achieve Xavier's dream, comic over.

You know what I don’t know how I haven’t thought of that but it really is a bummer. No wonder sometimes it feels like I’m pushing myself to keep reading instead of eagerly anticipating the next book.  I do love this look though I will say

I miss the days of just simple 1 shot or 2 parters that simply just involved the X-Men vs insert X-villain/villians robbing a bank or pulling a jewelry heist. Now they all have to be yr long BS crossover storylines along with bad art on most books, bad PC/ SJW storylines & being overpriced. Big reasons I quit collecting a few yrs back. Best X-Men story arc IMO was just 2 parts long, little something called "DOFP" Had repercussions that are still felt this day in the X-universe.

9 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

I miss the days of just simple 1 shot or 2 parters that simply just involved the X-Men vs insert X-villain/villians robbing a bank or pulling a jewelry heist. Now they all have to be yr long BS crossover storylines along with bad art on most books, bad PC/ SJW storylines & being overpriced. Big reasons I quit collecting a few yrs back. Best X-Men story arc IMO was just 2 parts long, little something called "DOFP" Had repercussions that are still felt this day in the X-universe.

It doesn't help that most of the current stories are very samey

I really believe that had Disney not bought Marvel, that this comic company woulda been outta business  yrs ago. Unfortunately, The MCU is what today's generation is into, not reading comics. Marvel/DC/etc have oversaturated the market with a comic title for every flavor of the month character or any SJW character they wanna push on the crowd. I've noticed a ton of cancellations of said titles in Marvel these past 2 yrs or so. The new management seems to not understand that the avg comic book buying base is still predominantly straight white males & that the fanbase they are trying to cater to is too small to sustain a SJW title for more than 12-18 issues. Back in the 60s/70s/80s probably even 90s, Marvel knew how to properly create diverse characters w/o messing with any of the established characters. In the 2000s, they have turned straight characters such as Iceman , gay, they have turned the Hulk Asian, Cap Black, Thor into a female, Spiderman Hispanic, created a Muslim character, they have trimmed down the way female heroes are drawn to the point where they look like pre-pub 14yr old girls. Why?  I used to read comics to see the Avengers throwing down with Ultron, the X-Men throwing down with Magneto or Sentinels, Spidey vs GG, Doc Ock or the Lizard, etc. I didn't buy comics to read about the writers personal political issues & gripes about the govt or this country. I read comics to escape the real world for a few hrs on a rainy Saturday. I read Ironman to see him fighting the Titanium man or Spymaster. The people now running Marvel are not even all American,  they are writing anti American stories. They have made Cap a Nazi Hydra agent, really? You think Jim Shooter would ever had allowed such a story line to be run?  

I'll just stick to watching the MCU & buying classic ML figs.