Netflix Cancels Daredevil

JayC

After recently canceling both Iron Fist and Luke Cage, we figured it was only a matter of time before Netflix canceled the remaining Marvel based shows as Disney gears up to launch it's own streaming service called DisneyPlus next year. The axe according to Deadline has now fallen on Daredevil which just recently aired it's third season.

What the future holds fr the Man Without Fear remains unknown at this time, but we really doubt we've seen the last of the horned vigilante.

Theres got to be some kind of plan from disney to use these shows elsewhere. This is just a way for them to separate from Netflix so they can move it over to their own stream service they are doing. Not surprising since Luke Cage got cancelled as that show is fantastic and DD is honestly the best. Im sure we ll hear news very soon about Jessica Jones being canned too. We ll see if they change anything if and when they do resurface on their platform. 

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

DD was the best of all the Marvel Netflix shows followed by the Punisher. There goes watching a scene where the Kingpin beheads a guy with the car door on the oh so kid friendly Disney streaming svc. F this PC SJW company! 

You flail around "PC" and "SJW" around so much no matter if it even makes sense in the context of the conversation that you might as well work them into a hotkey so you don't need to type each letter of each acronym one by one.

The marvel shows were the only reason I purchased Netflix. The first Jessica Jones was the best followed by Luke Cage then the 2nd Daredevil. The Iron Fist never got off the ground for me, and the 2nd Jessica Jones was all over the place, should have been better. Hope Marvel continues all of them though. Defenders was good too. 

What confuses me is this slow, one by one, approach to cancelling the shows. Why not just announce all shows cancelled at once? 

I agree with Mako on this. Give me something to give me a reason to sign up for the Disney streaming service, don't take away what is already there. Especially since what is there is either good, or like Iron Fist, found its footing and is now starting to head in the right direction.

While I love the MCU movies, I can see the Netflix shows getting toned down a bit at least for Disney's service.

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Netflix is cancelling Marvel series left and right so does this mean we won't even see the second season of The Punisher?  Much less, we'll get a second season, ends on a cliff-hanger just to be cancelled?

Punisher season 2 is definitely happening since it's been filming for a while now. I think Jessica Jones has one season left as well.

1 hour ago, mako said:

Interesting that only the Marvel/Netflix shows depicting anything close to positive role models have been cancelled.

Meanwhile, bitchy, slutty alcoholics and cliché gun-toting urban psycho-vigilantes are still well represented.

they have series been worked on at the moment. they can't cancel them as that would mean they would lose money. once those series ends they will be canceled

27 minutes ago, tarot said:

they have series been worked on at the moment. they can't cancel them as that would mean they would lose money. once those series ends they will be canceled

True enough. I just wish it didn't end with Daredevil and Iron Fist looking like they already had something planned for their next seasons. DD looked like Poindexter should be coming back and the combination of Colleen as an Iron Fist and Danny's quest with Ward about the corpse Davos had gotten his hands on. I haven't read comics since the early Toy Biz ML days, and Iron FIst was not one to be on my reading list, so between Colleen's sword lighting up and Danny shooting his, I guess Chi, out of guns, I almost woke my 3 year old up in excitement.

Of all the cancellations announced, DD was the big shocker because all 3 seasons have been awesome & just getting better. IF season 1 was actually better imo than season 2, same for JJ. I may be in the minority, but I liked "Defenders". Punisher season 1 was incredibly good & can't wait to see season 2 but am pissed that it will then be cancelled. The depiction of Frank Castle as the Punisher in this series is the best version of him ever. 1st Punisher was PG rated, otherwise, it had the potential to have been really good. I liked Thomas Jane in the role, guy had the lean muscular build for the character.  Punisher "warzone" was great as far as the violence was concerned & I woulda been alright with Ray Stevenson continuing in the role as long as he bulked up more, I thought he was lacking in the muscle dept & the Punisher is a former recon/scout sniper Marine & should look the part. 

The cancellation was very much given. This is a fact and none is surprised here. 

Our worries are that they could remake the whole thing Pg13 to put on the Disney Service. This worry is real, but so far nothing has been revealed about the service per se. So it could be very well segmented. Some adult content like the Netflix stuff and Deadpool and the PG13 and bellow for everybody. So easy to do. Parent control.  

I am extremely against any PC ou SJ interference in anything, however this is not the case at all.  The contract between Disney and Netflix has ended because of many factors. Details are unknown. Some things are pretty obvious since first Disney basically owns Hulu now. This service has 2 marel show in it  Runnaways and Cloak and Dagger. 

So I think that would make sense that all the former Netflix show go there.  Same as R rated movies like Deadpool, X-Force and such. Or they could end Hulu altogether and incorporated to Disney+ and put parental control. 

Either way, the things is that Disney wants to put all their content in one place so that they have entire control over it and not having to share profits or anything with anyone. They have huge properties like Marvel and Star wars, just bought Fox and most of the marvel characters back. This also can possibly mean that they could even take a bigger step  in the next couple of years and buy back the rest of the Marvel properties including Spider Man. 

Anyway, everyone should chill out and wait. Better things will come and they would be pretty stupid to mess with the content that is already working very well.