Marvel Legends Mystique Confirmed As Walgreens Exclusive

JayC

Hasbro has released new official images for their upcoming 6" Marvel Legends Mystique X-Men figure and with them finally confirmed what we reported months ago, that this will be released as a Walgreens exclusive.

With the new images we also see the figure will be including two alternate heads. One of a shape-shifting Rogue head which you can likely use with the recent Rogue figure as well as one of Professor X's one-time girlfriend Empress, Lilandra Neramani from the Shi'ar Empire. It's unclear if this is a hint to another unknown figure yet to be released or not. The figure will also have two weapons we've seen used before in the line.

Look for Mystique to start seeing release within next month or so.

Walgreens-Exclusive-Mystique-01.jpg

Walgreens-Exclusive-Mystique-02.jpg

Very Puzzled about the choice of accessories for Mystique, The idea for the Shifting half blue Rogue head sculpt is not bad she does transform a lot. As for Lilandra Head that's where things get very interesting, Is Hasbro giving us hints Lilandra will getting a BaF Or will she be included in the Rider series part 2 for 2019 or a fresh new Rider series as a bonus accessory in 2020? This is just me talking and wanting, i was thinking can Hasbro return the ideal for giving us 2 Baf in one X-Men ML Series like the All-Father/King Thor wave? 3 Figures can hold the main Baf's Head and Torso, Arms and legs! The other 3 can do the same for Lilandra,s Torso, Arms, Legs and Her Staff!  

Both Heads seem like they are for other figures. Altho Rogues can obviously work with being on mystique, it however is weird as she doesnt just change her head in transformation. But I guess in a mid transformation.. idk, Seems more like it would work better on Rogue than Mystique AS Mystique, at least imo. The Lilandra head seems like its something else in the pipeline that we dont know about yet. Altho it is weird as we usually have already established figures before they do something like that... i.e. red skull onslaught to original onslaught and Kingpin to shadow king.. (meaning we knew about kingpin, which i also believe comes out BEFORE shadow kings head, before knowing about shadowkings extra head inclusion)

Not really convinced with this figure, but we all needed an updated Mystique. The chosen body is a bit too skinny and the face expression is not what I would prefer. Don't like the color of the guns... I will probably use the Rogue head with the Rogue figure, I guess to pretend Rogue is turning back into Mystique and the other head not sure ...

6 hours ago, tarot said:

doesn't work. it doesn't suit the character at all except being silver.

You could say the same thing about the Madcap head they stuck with the Deadpool figure. There wasnt a perfect fit for it so you just had to pair it with something similar like the Batroc figure.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

You could say the same thing about the Madcap head they stuck with the Deadpool figure. There wasnt a perfect fit for it so you just had to pair it with something similar like the Batroc figure.

yes but there are a good reason Madcap came with Deadpool. They shared the body. The same with JJJ and Hammerhead, Chameleon impersonates both of them. This one just seems like a tease for a future figure. Especially since they went with her standard armored head which the Silver sable is not wearing. 

2 hours ago, watanabefan said:

It's possible they plan to release a Lilandra figure that only comes with her classic pointy haircut and that this is intended to be a swap for that.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

that could be possible. Nice idea. 

Alright guys, let me shoot one past you. I'm seeing a whole Red Skull/Magneto Onslaught or Kingpin/Shadow King cross franchise thing. Follow me now. What if, in one of next year's Avengers waves, there is a forthcoming Jocasta figure? Anyone with me? Yes, like @tarot says, it wouldn't be perfect, but I think it might be close enough. With the recent release of the Classic Ant-Man (strangely packed with an out of place Ultron head, BTW) and Classic Wasp, is it too far out to think that maybe even some kinda Ultron & Jocasta 2-pack or exclusive thing might be in the works in some form next year? Just a thought. Wouldn't be a bad idea. Then again, as far as accuracy goes, the Lilandra sculpt (or Jocasta sculpt, for that matter) could work just as well on the Sable figure too. Minus the belts and holster, of course.

4 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Alright guys, let me shoot one past you. I'm seeing a whole Red Skull/Magneto Onslaught or Kingpin/Shadow King cross franchise thing. Follow me now. What if, in one of next year's Avengers waves, there is a forthcoming Jocasta figure? Anyone with me? Yes, like @tarot says, it wouldn't be perfect, but I think it might be close enough. With the recent release of the Classic Ant-Man (strangely packed with an out of place Ultron head, BTW) and Classic Wasp, is it too far out to think that maybe even some kinda Ultron & Jocasta 2-pack or exclusive thing might be in the works in some form next year? Just a thought. Wouldn't be a bad idea. Then again, as far as accuracy goes, the Lilandra sculpt (or Jocasta sculpt, for that matter) could work just as well on the Sable figure too. Minus the belts and holster, of course.

yes this would work. she looks like armor and would be close enough to work. 

4 hours ago, watanabefan said:

It's possible they plan to release a Lilandra figure that only comes with her classic pointy haircut and that this is intended to be a swap for that.

That's what I think they're doing.  They're probably gonna do the none helmet version in some future X-wave. I just hope that Hasbro is finally gonna start adding a few more core members of the Imperial Guard into the X-waves. Long overdue.

Lilandra none helmet look.jpg

3 hours ago, mako said:

Is it at all possible that the Lilandra head is just that, a head? Lets face it, the Peter Parker head from the Mary Jane 2-pack, the Hammerhead and JJJ heads from the Chameleon figure, the Murdock head from Yellow Daredevil, Headpool, Porkgrind; none of those was a sign of an upcoming figure. They were just accessories.

An alternate head is just an easy way to show off shape-shifting powers in an action figure. With her funky head-gear, Lilandra was just an easily recognizable brain-box, it could've just as easily been Spider-Woman or Storm.

Sometimes a duck is just a duck.

With most alternate heads it  matches the figure being an unmasked head. With the Chameleon, the two alternate heads made sense since they matched the body. The Lilandra head doesn't make sense as it would be her head on clearly Mystique's body. 

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Not my pic, but someone's already Photoshopped the Lilandra head on the Silver Sable body. Like you guys I'm hoping the ball and socket are all the same between Silver Sable/Mystique/Rogue.

lilandra.jpg

That doesn't look to bad. Definitely an option for people like me with no customizing skills.