Jump to content
JayC

Marvel Legends Mystique Confirmed As Walgreens Exclusive

Recommended Posts

Hasbro has released new official images for their upcoming 6" Marvel Legends Mystique X-Men figure and with them finally confirmed what we reported months ago, that this will be released as a Walgreens exclusive.

With the new images we also see the figure will be including two alternate heads. One of a shape-shifting Rogue head which you can likely use with the recent Rogue figure as well as one of Professor X's one-time girlfriend Empress, Lilandra Neramani from the Shi'ar Empire. It's unclear if this is a hint to another unknown figure yet to be released or not. The figure will also have two weapons we've seen used before in the line.

Look for Mystique to start seeing release within next month or so.
 

Walgreens-Exclusive-Mystique-01.jpg

Walgreens-Exclusive-Mystique-02.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You misspelled Rogue. I think the Lilandra head is supposed to go with the upcoming Silver Sable figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hogun said:

You misspelled Rogue. I think the Lilandra head is supposed to go with the upcoming Silver Sable figure.

doesn't work. it doesn't suit the character at all except being silver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very Puzzled about the choice of accessories for Mystique, The idea for the Shifting half blue Rogue head sculpt is not bad she does transform a lot. As for Lilandra Head that's where things get very interesting, Is Hasbro giving us hints Lilandra will getting a BaF Or will she be included in the Rider series part 2 for 2019 or a fresh new Rider series as a bonus accessory in 2020? This is just me talking and wanting, i was thinking can Hasbro return the ideal for giving us 2 Baf in one X-Men ML Series like the All-Father/King Thor wave? 3 Figures can hold the main Baf's Head and Torso, Arms and legs! The other 3 can do the same for Lilandra,s Torso, Arms, Legs and Her Staff!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lilandra head is just weird.  The half face is something you would expect for a Mystique figure. Shame though this couldn't be a female version of the Chameleon figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both Heads seem like they are for other figures. Altho Rogues can obviously work with being on mystique, it however is weird as she doesnt just change her head in transformation. But I guess in a mid transformation.. idk, Seems more like it would work better on Rogue than Mystique AS Mystique, at least imo. The Lilandra head seems like its something else in the pipeline that we dont know about yet. Altho it is weird as we usually have already established figures before they do something like that... i.e. red skull onslaught to original onslaught and Kingpin to shadow king.. (meaning we knew about kingpin, which i also believe comes out BEFORE shadow kings head, before knowing about shadowkings extra head inclusion)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really convinced with this figure, but we all needed an updated Mystique. The chosen body is a bit too skinny and the face expression is not what I would prefer. Don't like the color of the guns... I will probably use the Rogue head with the Rogue figure, I guess to pretend Rogue is turning back into Mystique and the other head not sure ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tarot said:

doesn't work. it doesn't suit the character at all except being silver.

You could say the same thing about the Madcap head they stuck with the Deadpool figure. There wasnt a perfect fit for it so you just had to pair it with something similar like the Batroc figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayC said:

You could say the same thing about the Madcap head they stuck with the Deadpool figure. There wasnt a perfect fit for it so you just had to pair it with something similar like the Batroc figure.

yes but there are a good reason Madcap came with Deadpool. They shared the body. The same with JJJ and Hammerhead, Chameleon impersonates both of them. This one just seems like a tease for a future figure. Especially since they went with her standard armored head which the Silver sable is not wearing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

It's possible they plan to release a Lilandra figure that only comes with her classic pointy haircut and that this is intended to be a swap for that.

that could be possible. Nice idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, watanabefan said:

It's possible they plan to release a Lilandra figure that only comes with her classic pointy haircut and that this is intended to be a swap for that.

 

2 hours ago, tarot said:

that could be possible. Nice idea. 

Alright guys, let me shoot one past you. I'm seeing a whole Red Skull/Magneto Onslaught or Kingpin/Shadow King cross franchise thing. Follow me now. What if, in one of next year's Avengers waves, there is a forthcoming Jocasta figure? Anyone with me? Yes, like @tarot says, it wouldn't be perfect, but I think it might be close enough. With the recent release of the Classic Ant-Man (strangely packed with an out of place Ultron head, BTW) and Classic Wasp, is it too far out to think that maybe even some kinda Ultron & Jocasta 2-pack or exclusive thing might be in the works in some form next year? Just a thought. Wouldn't be a bad idea. Then again, as far as accuracy goes, the Lilandra sculpt (or Jocasta sculpt, for that matter) could work just as well on the Sable figure too. Minus the belts and holster, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, monron999 said:

 

Alright guys, let me shoot one past you. I'm seeing a whole Red Skull/Magneto Onslaught or Kingpin/Shadow King cross franchise thing. Follow me now. What if, in one of next year's Avengers waves, there is a forthcoming Jocasta figure? Anyone with me? Yes, like @tarot says, it wouldn't be perfect, but I think it might be close enough. With the recent release of the Classic Ant-Man (strangely packed with an out of place Ultron head, BTW) and Classic Wasp, is it too far out to think that maybe even some kinda Ultron & Jocasta 2-pack or exclusive thing might be in the works in some form next year? Just a thought. Wouldn't be a bad idea. Then again, as far as accuracy goes, the Lilandra sculpt (or Jocasta sculpt, for that matter) could work just as well on the Sable figure too. Minus the belts and holster, of course.

yes this would work. she looks like armor and would be close enough to work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh for fluff-sakes! Another classic character in classic clothing as a freaking Walgreens exclusive! I freaking hate walgreens exclusives. Why? Cause there ain't no freaking walgreens in Canada, that's why! Be lucky if I find this south of 50 dollars from a specialty shop. *$*#&#U@!:angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, watanabefan said:

It's possible they plan to release a Lilandra figure that only comes with her classic pointy haircut and that this is intended to be a swap for that.

That's what I think they're doing.  They're probably gonna do the none helmet version in some future X-wave. I just hope that Hasbro is finally gonna start adding a few more core members of the Imperial Guard into the X-waves. Long overdue.

Lilandra none helmet look.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then why not just include this head with the Lilandra figure? I understood why they did that with the Deadpool figure and Madcap. We will just have to wait and see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it at all possible that the Lilandra head is just that, a head? Lets face it, the Peter Parker head from the Mary Jane 2-pack, the Hammerhead and JJJ heads from the Chameleon figure, the Murdock head from Yellow Daredevil, Headpool, Porkgrind; none of those was a sign of an upcoming figure. They were just accessories.

An alternate head is just an easy way to show off shape-shifting powers in an action figure. With her funky head-gear, Lilandra was just an easily recognizable brain-box, it could've just as easily been Spider-Woman or Storm.

Sometimes a duck is just a duck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. As much as I would like to see some of these head sculps go with bodys down the road it is what it is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mako said:

Is it at all possible that the Lilandra head is just that, a head? Lets face it, the Peter Parker head from the Mary Jane 2-pack, the Hammerhead and JJJ heads from the Chameleon figure, the Murdock head from Yellow Daredevil, Headpool, Porkgrind; none of those was a sign of an upcoming figure. They were just accessories.

An alternate head is just an easy way to show off shape-shifting powers in an action figure. With her funky head-gear, Lilandra was just an easily recognizable brain-box, it could've just as easily been Spider-Woman or Storm.

Sometimes a duck is just a duck.

With most alternate heads it  matches the figure being an unmasked head. With the Chameleon, the two alternate heads made sense since they matched the body. The Lilandra head doesn't make sense as it would be her head on clearly Mystique's body. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Hasbro was smart and made the neck ball the same size as the one for Rogue, so the head is a dual purpose one.

Does the bundled Lilandra head give a foreshadow of a figure in the works? Or perhaps a tease to gauge interest in a possible figure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not my pic, but someone's already Photoshopped the Lilandra head on the Silver Sable body. Like you guys I'm hoping the ball and socket are all the same between Silver Sable/Mystique/Rogue.

lilandra.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Not my pic, but someone's already Photoshopped the Lilandra head on the Silver Sable body. Like you guys I'm hoping the ball and socket are all the same between Silver Sable/Mystique/Rogue.

lilandra.jpg

That doesn't look to bad. Definitely an option for people like me with no customizing skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks neat, still looking for the other Walgreens X-Men Figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE