Jump to content
JayC

New Captain Marvel Movie Poster Revealed

Recommended Posts

Marvel Studios has released a new movie poster for Captain Marvel which features Brie Larson on it. Captain Marvel hits theaters March 8, 2019.
1 of 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

So is Lee Pace reprising his role as Ronan?

Yeah. He even appeared on the first trailer with his original green suit. 

 

Love the poster. Is so awesome. New wallpaper for my phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wonder why they couldn't just call her by her comic title of "Ms Marvel". Captain Marvel was a male Kree alien created in 1967 by Stan Lee & Gene Colan. The character is a Captain in the Kree army who's real name is Mar-Vell hence the name, Captain Marvel. Jim Starlin made the character more popular to the Marvel fanbase by using him in stories that involved the Avengers vs his co-creation, Thanos.  Starlin also wrote the classic "Death of Captain Marvel" graphic novel in 1982. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

I just wonder why they couldn't just call her by her comic title of "Ms Marvel". Captain Marvel was a male Kree alien created in 1967 by Stan Lee & Gene Colan. The character is a Captain in the Kree army who's real name is Mar-Vell hence the name, Captain Marvel. Jim Starlin made the character more popular to the Marvel fanbase by using him in stories that involved the Avengers vs his co-creation, Thanos.  Starlin also wrote the classic "Death of Captain Marvel" graphic novel in 1982. 

 

I don't know of you've been following her, but she's been referred to as Captain Marvel since 2012. Taking the mantle of Captain Marvel was the logical evolution of the character.

While I'm pretty sure Jude Law is playing Mar-vell in the movie, I don't know if Marvel Studios would make a movie revolving around a character that's been pretty much dead for over 3 decades.  Better to stick to the one they've investing in for the last couple decades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dig the poster, it has a comic book cover feel to it. As for the movie itself, I’m not too excited for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 4:22 PM, versus_mode said:

Looks amazing, though I'm still not too hyped for the movie. Not sure why, might be because I'm pretty unfamiliar with this character.

That's me too, but the trailer looks really cool. Also, I thought the same thing when Guardians of The Galaxy first came out. I thought the ideas was so bad because no one really knew too much about them, but now it is one of my favorite superhero movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, Hordak Rules said:

I don't know of you've been following her, but she's been referred to as Captain Marvel since 2012. Taking the mantle of Captain Marvel was the logical evolution of the character.

While I'm pretty sure Jude Law is playing Mar-vell in the movie, I don't know if Marvel Studios would make a movie revolving around a character that's been pretty much dead for over 3 decades.  Better to stick to the one they've investing in for the last couple decades. 

Sorry to say, but they totally screwed the pooch with Jude Law as a superhero. Did they even have the guy weight train 6-9 months before he got the role? Mar-Vell is a buff Blue eyed Blond.  I'll go see this when it hits, but so far, unlike any of the other MCU movies, I'm just not feeling this one. And this pushing " She's the most powerful Superhero in the MCU is total BS. Thor & the Hulk might have something to say about that. Even in the comics during her history as Ms Marvel, Binary, Warbird, she's never been depicted as such a heavy hitter in Thor's/Hulk's weight class. But hey, it's Disney, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

Sorry to say, but they totally screwed the pooch with Jude Law as a superhero. Did they even have the guy weight train 6-9 months before he got the role? Mar-Vell is a buff Blue eyed Blond.  

 

 

He's not playing Mar-Vell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, watanabefan said:

 

  Hide contents

He's not playing Mar-Vell.

What character is he playing? Cause I coulda sworn I read that he was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

What character is he playing? Cause I coulda sworn I read that he was.

According a pop figure yon ragg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Gimme this over Brie Larson & her MCU costume any day & twice on Sunday.  

CAPTAIN-MARVEL-COSPLAY.png

The movie is not out yet. give her a chance.

Did you know that when Iron Man first came out, people were saying the same thing about RDJ? Same with Chris Evans and Cap? hell they have said that for alot of the actors have been said they aren't right for the role but almost always been proved wrong. Wait for the movie to come out BEFORE you judge her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was actually talking bout the costume more than the female cosplayer. I just always find it amusing how movies about comic book based characters who wear spandex superhero costumes & fly, shoot lasers out of their eyes, pop claws outta their hands & can lift cities cannot be in that same attire on the big screen cuz it will seem "kiddyish"  I see nothing wrong with the outfit the cosplayer is wearing & why it wouldn't translate well onto the big screen.  My biggest gripe with the marvel shows on Netflix was that asides from DD & to some extent the Punisher, all the other "heroes" were in civilian clothing instead of in their superhero garbs. Same for the X-Men movies. I hated when the comics copied their all black leather attire look for the comics in the early 2000s. At least the DCU does their best to keep all their characters both on the big & small screen , in costumes that best match their comicbook look.

 

"Watchmen" kept them in their comic based superhero costumes, didn't look "kiddyish" to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE