Marvel Select Disney Store Exclusive Venom Figure Video Review & Images

JayC

Marvel Select Disney Store Exclusive Venom Figure Video Review & Images

Jay Cochran - December 03, 2018 [ edit post ]
Unparalleled Universe takes a look at the brand new 7" Marvel Select Venom figure from Diamond Select Toys which is being offered as a Disney Store exclusive.

Check out images for the figure below and let us know what you think about it in the COMMENTS SECTIONS.

Marvel-Select-Disney-Store-Venom-01.jpg

Marvel-Select-Disney-Store-Venom-02.jpg

Marvel-Select-Disney-Store-Venom-03.jpg

Marvel-Select-Disney-Store-Venom-04.jpg

Marvel-Select-Disney-Store-Venom-05.jpg

Marvel-Select-Disney-Store-Venom-06.jpg

Marvel-Select-Disney-Store-Venom-07.jpg

Venom is one of my favorite marvel characters, and the original release was my first action figure purchase. I really like the quality, but the articulation, particularly in the legs, really left me feeling pretty disappointed. The new head sculpts are interesting, and I love having variety, but it being the same body sculpt keeps me from wanting it.

This is a great piece but like many others, I have the original release. That overall figure was great with the accessories but as others have said, the articulation left alot to be desired. Im also not super keen on these new heads.. I like all but the shrunken head. In the review it actually made the heads look worse if you turn them to the side which was offputting. I will have to debate more on this as I m a big venom collector and with these new accessories, they do make for an interesting menage of venom components. 

Are these new headsculpts based on the style of a specific modern artist? Not my cup of tea- looks kind of like his face is collapsing in to his mouth. It's smart to offer another Select Venom figure but, like others have said, I have the original, and the articulation on that one has some room for improvement, so I don't think this one is worth buying for me.

4 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Are these new headsculpts based on the style of a specific modern artist? Not my cup of tea- looks kind of like his face is collapsing in to his mouth. It's smart to offer another Select Venom figure but, like others have said, I have the original, and the articulation on that one has some room for improvement, so I don't think this one is worth buying for me.

The wide-eyed Venom looks like a Clayton Crain Venom, specifically from the Venom vs. Carnage #1 cover. The long-tongue Venom looks like an Angel Medina Venom, specifically from the Venom: Dark Origin #4 cover. As for the final head, I have no idea, but it kinda looks like something Chris Bachalo would draw.

BFXTyvZ.jpg venom-artwork-spider-man-marvel-wallpape