Jump to content
Dabboi

Walgreens Super Skrull and Emma Frost

Recommended Posts

So I have seen floating around the net that next year Walgreens will feature an exclusive for both Super Skrull (Who is long overdue) and Emma Frost (Also long overdue, but I feel like they'll basically repaint Invisible Woman). Just checking to see if anyone has heard anything about these two figures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody knows what is going on with the Super Skrull, but Emma is rumored to follow Mystique. Although if the rumors are true, it will be the modern black costume Emma and not a classic Emma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya, it's really hard trying to figure out where he's gonna turn up. If he's gonna turn up. Logic says, if he wasn't gonna be a Walgreens exclusive, he'd have been in the Captain Marvel wave, maybe even as the BAF. Anything woulda been better than that Sentry. Then again, there's probably a good chance Cap Marvel will get a second wave, similar to BP, if the movie does well enough. It's starting to look better and better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do I get the feeling that all Walgreens excusives not having to do with the Fantastic Four were supposed to be Toys R Us exclusives?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id think they'd use the typhoid mary mold for emma, hopefully they keep going with the F4 figures, though rumors are aparently a dr.doom (invincible iron man) will be next so who knows whats up with Super Skrull, maybe they decided to hold him for a 2nd Captain Marvel Wave seeing how Skrulls will be a big part of the movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that would make sense, with Super Skrull- he has been rumored as a Walgreens exclusive for many months; I could see Hasbro holding him back when they found out The Skrulls would be a big part of MCU Captain Marvel. Personally, I would love for him to be a BAF, with a good amount of interchangeable parts to mimic him using The FF's powers. He needs to be bigger than the old FF Classics one, too.

Am I the only one who would strongly prefer they make Emma in her classic costume? The one with the corset and fur-trimmed cape? I'm guessing the next Walgreen's exclusive or two might be revealed at Toy Fair next month- fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Yeah, that would make sense, with Super Skrull- he has been rumored as a Walgreens exclusive for many months; I could see Hasbro holding him back when they found out The Skrulls would be a big part of MCU Captain Marvel. Personally, I would love for him to be a BAF, with a good amount of interchangeable parts to mimic him using The FF's powers. He needs to be bigger than the old FF Classics one, too.

Forget BAF and the gamble that entails for Hasbro.  For a Super Skrull with all the different parts I'd gladly pay a 25-30% premium over the average single figure.  It CAN'T be that hard!

But that's only if it's done right.  Gotta be on an appropriate body/torso sculpt.  No doubt they've already got molds to do the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Hasbro's pretty much shown anything Tobiz could do they can do better, though it was only by a very slim margin with that POS 6x Spidey. The TB Super Skrull was a real jem along the same lines of Beast. Hasbro has the capability and a large assortment of various bucks that would work. Whatever they do I hope they do it right instead of just mailing it in like the aforementioned Spidey 6x.

Emma is sure to be much more toned down than the last. I'm sure it will be little more than a repaint of the Typhoid Mary buck with the Lady Loki cape which sucks cuz the Angela figure and it's HTF status more than proves a more risque figure will sell, and well. Then again, if they plan to do any figure that might be NSFW I suppose a Walgreens exclusive would be as good a place as any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 5:08 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Personally, I would love for him to be a BAF, with a good amount of interchangeable parts to mimic him using The FF's powers. He needs to be bigger than the old FF Classics one, too.

Am I the only one who would strongly prefer they make Emma in her classic costume? The one with the corset and fur-trimmed cape? I'm guessing the next Walgreen's exclusive or two might be revealed at Toy Fair next month- fingers crossed.

 Yeah i think something like the BAF Sandman would be the best approach, have 2 pairs of arms to demonstrate his different powers.  While WG hasn't been skimping on accessories with recent figs I kind of doubt they would throw in enough for Super-Skrull to show off all his powers.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:23 PM, CharrdWood said:

Forget BAF and the gamble that entails for Hasbro.  For a Super Skrull with all the different parts I'd gladly pay a 25-30% premium over the average single figure.  It CAN'T be that hard!

But that's only if it's done right.  Gotta be on an appropriate body/torso sculpt.  No doubt they've already got molds to do the rest.

Yeah Super-Skrull definitely seems like a good candidate for the Deluxe treatment like Archangel.  Not sure if AA sold well enough to justify more deluxe figs or not, and as much as i like him, I'm not sure super-skrull is a popular enough character to merit the deluxe treatment? I dunno.

6 hours ago, monron999 said:

Emma is sure to be much more toned down than the last. I'm sure it will be little more than a repaint of the Typhoid Mary buck with the Lady Loki cape which sucks cuz the Angela figure and it's HTF status more than proves a more risque figure will sell, and well. Then again, if they plan to do any figure that might be NSFW I suppose a Walgreens exclusive would be as good a place as any.

Yeah its weird to think that the Angela fig was only a couple of years ago.  I did see her on clearance at WM for $5 at one point (after i'd paid msrp, naturally) but of course after awhile the prices on figs from older waves can go back up.  I really don't care if a female fig shows a lot of skin or not and i don't really mind them downsizing the huge busts/ bootys from the comic depictions, but i do prefer it when hasbro tries to keep the costume accurate to the comics (for ex, wasn't a fan of dagger's costume being changed from her comic book costume, presumably to make the figure a little less racy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walgreens exclusive figures from the Punisher to The Fantastic Four to Submariner have all had new head moulds and not repaints. I doubt Hasbro would just plop that Invisible Woman head on a (for example) Dagger buck and call her Emma Frost. Besides it's been said its the black costumed Emma Frost similar to the Chris Bachalo run of Uncanny. Not my ideal Emma costume though... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Walgreens exclusive figures from the Punisher to The Fantastic Four to Submariner have all had new head moulds and not repaints. I doubt Hasbro would just plop that Invisible Woman head on a (for example) Dagger buck and call her Emma Frost. Besides it's been said its the black costumed Emma Frost similar to the Chris Bachalo run of Uncanny. Not my ideal Emma costume though... :(

I missed out on the one from a few years ago and I'm still pissed about it lol. I would love the new one to be all white. Rektangular on YouTube says that there is gonna be an all X men vintage wave. I have my fingers crossed that they do a white costume Emma in that wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 3:34 PM, FigurePatrol said:

I missed out on the one from a few years ago and I'm still pissed about it lol. I would love the new one to be all white. Rektangular on YouTube says that there is gonna be an all X men vintage wave. I have my fingers crossed that they do a white costume Emma in that wave.

You mean the Annihilus wave Emma Frost?  I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on it,  i have the diamond form variant and while its better than nothing its not a great figure by any means.  Aside from being kind of ugly, the figure's scale is off in comparison to modern ML and the articulation isn't quite up to snuff either.  All that said, i'm not really interested in a black costume Emma so i guess it'll be at least another year before i get a new Emma fig.

It always boggles my mind a bit when Hasbro chooses to produce a long-awaited character but go with a look that doesn't come to close to the character's most popular/well-known look (Colossus comes to mind). I mean obviously they will make a classic costume Colossus at some point but why not do that from the get-go?  Same for Emma.  Better to handle it like Black Cat, produce a classic version first then do a modern/alternate costume version.  But i'm sure Hasbro has their reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

You mean the Annihilus wave Emma Frost?  I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on it,  i have the diamond form variant and while its better than nothing its not a great figure by any means.  Aside from being kind of ugly, the figure's scale is off in comparison to modern ML and the articulation isn't quite up to snuff either.  All that said, i'm not really interested in a black costume Emma so i guess it'll be at least another year before i get a new Emma fig.

It always boggles my mind a bit when Hasbro chooses to produce a long-awaited character but go with a look that doesn't come to close to the character's most popular/well-known look (Colossus comes to mind). I mean obviously they will make a classic costume Colossus at some point but why not do that from the get-go?  Same for Emma.  Better to handle it like Black Cat, produce a classic version first then do a modern/alternate costume version.  But i'm sure Hasbro has their reasons.

Yea I also wish they would just give us the white costume out the gate as well. I was actually talking about the Puck baf wave Emma Frost. I think that wave was a TRU exclusive, don't know that for sure though. That figure had a much better looking head sculpt and I think the articulation was a little bit better. I also purchased the Annihilus Emma frost and I tried to convince myself that the head sculpt was'nt ugly but I would cringe every time I would look at her in my display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the Puck wave was Entertainment Earth exclusive, I believe, and Emma was only 1-per-case, so even when that wave WAS available, people were pricing her high-ish, or just selling her in sets. She's a nice enough figure, much better than the Annihilus wave one, but not mind-blowing. Has Hasbro said they are staying away from characters in "risque" costumes, or are people just assuming that since they toned Dagger's costume down a bit, etc.?

Super Skrull WOULD also work as a deluxe figure, he would just seem to be a good choice as a BAF for another Captain Marvel based wave, and I'm not totally sure how popular he would be as a deluxe release. The Toy Biz one WAS awesome, it just seems a bit undersized. I think the buck they used for Omega Red would work extremely well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/31/2019 at 4:28 PM, Captmotor said:

Puck wave was Diamond Exclusive I thought.  I actually ordered mine through my Comic Book shop. 

Entertainment Earth = Diamond; same company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

 

Entertainment Earth = Diamond; same company.

I don't think that's true. Where did you hear that? As far as I'm aware, the only connection between the two companies is that EE carries Diamond Select products. Diamond owns a lot of other companies, but they're all based in Baltimore. EE is based in LA. I don't think they're related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it is a black suit Emma or a repaint of Invisible Woman, I wouldn't be that interested, but if it a figure like the Mystique and with the addition of the Super Skrull, I would look for them. But Marvel (and Hasbro), when are you going to make a Selene (Black Queen), Harry Leland, Donald Pierce ,....all the Hellfire Club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Toyswanni said:

If it is a black suit Emma or a repaint of Invisible Woman, I wouldn't be that interested, but if it a figure like the Mystique and with the addition of the Super Skrull, I would look for them. But Marvel (and Hasbro), when are you going to make a Selene (Black Queen), Harry Leland, Donald Pierce ,....all the Hellfire Club.

Would love Sebastian Shaw in his old-timey outfit! I think if they made Selene she would have a much more conservative costume than the comic version.  With Skullbuster coming,  I'm guessing Donald Pierce, if made, would have more of a reaver look than his classic hellfire costume. Maybe Harry could be on the Doc Ock buck with an overlay? The Kingpin torso seems like it would be too big for Leland.

Overall I think Pierce is most likely. Followed by some version of Selene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Selene will be in that Dark Phoenix movie. Though she looks nothing like the comic book version, I bet Hasbro will use that as their "in" for producing the Selene comic style Marvel Legends next. That said, Hasbro didn't make a Donald Pierce figure after his big screen debut in "Logan" so what do I know :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 1:21 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Yeah, the Puck wave was Entertainment Earth exclusive, I believe, and Emma was only 1-per-case, so even when that wave WAS available, people were pricing her high-ish, or just selling her in sets. She's a nice enough figure, much better than the Annihilus wave one, but not mind-blowing. Has Hasbro said they are staying away from characters in "risque" costumes, or are people just assuming that since they toned Dagger's costume down a bit, etc.?

Super Skrull WOULD also work as a deluxe figure, he would just seem to be a good choice as a BAF for another Captain Marvel based wave, and I'm not totally sure how popular he would be as a deluxe release. The Toy Biz one WAS awesome, it just seems a bit undersized. I think the buck they used for Omega Red would work extremely well. 

I don't believe Hasbro has said they are staying away from risque costumes per se, but it obvious enough that we all notice their propensity to tone down and "fix" past figures. It actually starts at Marvel/Disney though, who seem to be toning down the characters (mostly females) in the comics under the guise of modernization, but Hasbro's just being a good little soldier following suit so much that unproduced characters take a back seat while the "modernized" figures get done first. It so obvious that it makes us scratch our head when a figure like Angela sees the light of day. I'm still waiting for the next time Hasbro dares to use the Moonstone buck.

I too would not mind if SS was a BAF. It shoulda been the BAF over Kree Sentry but I'm actually hoping we get some kinda Fantastic Four wave as there's a ton of characters from that corner of the Marvel Universe that are badly in need of updates. I don't think anyone here would be opposed to new versions of Doctor Doom, Kang, Mole Man or Frankie Ray Nova.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE