Marvel Legends 6" Captain Marvel Alternate Head Revealed

JayC

Looks like a good wave, I agree with Hogan on the jacketed figure of captain marvel, the head sculpt is way off. And as for the cat, Mike I was thinking the same thing when I saw the trailer and Fury was stooped down talking to the cat, I'm thinking "okay if that cat is a Skrull, its about to scratch out Nick Fury's "one good eye"!

I want the regular Captain Marvel figure.  The bomber jacket one, I'd only want that to make a custom so I'd pass unless it goes on clearance.

However, I want to wait to make sure there isn't a 2-pack with Captain Marvel first cause it seems like they will release a 2 pack as well that would make getting the single pack figure redundant as I don't care for the BAF.  Also want the Nick Fury too.

22 hours ago, tarot said:

rumour has it it's a 2-pack exclusive with another character from the movie. I think Minerva as a swappable head? Maybe one of the other Starforce members?

Ahhh yes that would be awesome! I’d love to have a whole team of the Star-force! All we need is a few extra accessories and different heads to put on the Captain Marvel and Mar-Vell bodies to have a Star Force team! I’m really liking this wave. Even more so after watching that 2nd trailer to get me pumped!!!!

5 minutes ago, Falls22 said:

Ahhh yes that would be awesome! I’d love to have a whole team of the Star-force! All we need is a few extra accessories and different heads to put on the Captain Marvel and Mar-Vell bodies to have a Star Force team! I’m really liking this wave. Even more so after watching that 2nd trailer to get me pumped!!!!

A Starforce Army Builder two pack could be possible.

20 hours ago, cocaegelo said:

They missed the opportunity of making a Green-Outfit/Starforce outfit Carol Danvers with a Minn-Erva alternate head. The same goes for Yonn-Rogg with an alternate Korath head. They could make the same thing they did with the Dora Milaje. Those two bodies could be kinda of a army builder.

Ya, that 2nd Danvers figure was a total cop out, but with the history of all the previous MCU waves is anyone really that surprised? Mind you, this is the very first wave of a brand new franchise. This shoulda been the wave they coulda got in some comic characters like a Mar-Vell or or a classic Danvers/Sofen swap figure. They coulda got in a few much demanded characters before the franchise (with at least 2 more movies to go) gets so inundated with characters that all future waves almost have to be full MCU figures like the BP 2nd wave. The only good outlook here is that Cap Marvel is the first female lead in a Marvel film so, with Disney's history of pushing (ie. forcing) social issues, it almost guarantees there will be a 2nd wave, again like BP. Hopefully though, unlike BP, the 2nd wave will have more comic figures. After all, how hard would it be to do both a Mar-Vell or Classic Cap/Dark Cap when they can easily use existing bucks and paint? The only added cost would be for the head sculpts. Hell, they could even do a Blue Marvel using the arms and jacket from the Star Lord/Ego 2 pack. Sorry to say, cuz the trailers are making the movie look better and better, but with the lackluster character selection, the MCU overloaded assortment, along with an extremely boring and poorly scaled BAF, this is by far the most snooze inducing wave since the Doctor Strange wave, IMO. But at least the Dormamu BAF was awesome. Especially for those who didn't pick up the exclusive.

18 minutes ago, monron999 said:

The only good outlook here is that Cap Marvel is the first female lead in a Marvel film so, with Disney's history of pushing (ie. forcing) social issues, it almost guarantees there will be a 2nd wave, again like BP.

Black Panther got a second wave on the back of strong sales of the first wave, coupled with the fact that the movie set the box office on fire and became a global phenomenon, as well as the fact that it had a bunch of characters who quickly became fan favorites that were not included in the first wave (M'Baku, Shuri, Klaw, Dora Milaje army builders, ect.). They said as much at Comic-Con, that the success took Hasbro by surprise and they decided to put together a second "emergency" wave in time for Christmas, because nobody knew how big Black Panther was gonna blow up.

Unless Captain Marvel does similar numbers, I doubt we're getting a second wave, especially when it doesn't look like there are gonna be as many "toyetic" supporting characters.

3 hours ago, watanabefan said:

Black Panther got a second wave on the back of strong sales of the first wave, coupled with the fact that the movie set the box office on fire and became a global phenomenon, as well as the fact that it had a bunch of characters who quickly became fan favorites that were not included in the first wave (M'Baku, Shuri, Klaw, Dora Milaje army builders, ect.). They said as much at Comic-Con, that the success took Hasbro by surprise and they decided to put together a second "emergency" wave in time for Christmas, because nobody knew how big Black Panther was gonna blow up.

Unless Captain Marvel does similar numbers, I doubt we're getting a second wave, especially when it doesn't look like there are gonna be as many "toyetic" supporting characters.

Yeah, I know what they "said" and though it provides for good optics, anyone who believes they were able to to concieve, design, and produce an "emergency" wave, complete with arranging at least 5 new facial scans with some actors who have very busy schedules, unless they'd already been done (which, why would they have been if a 2nd wave wasn't already planned?), and get it out by years end certainly only buys into what Hasbro wants you to believe. Because anyone whose ever paid attention to the creative team's conferences knows it goes against everything they've ever said about how long it takes to plan and produce a wave from inception to final delivery, even under emergency circumstances. Also note that, unlike most waves, the final line up or product images have not changed or been tinkered with or been improved apon in any way since the start, which is to be expected even more so when something is done in a rushed and expedited time frame as they'd have us believe. Those things were locked and loaded from the jump and if anything, ready to possibly be scrapped if the movie and/or first wave was a bust. As we know, the movie was good (no IM2 or Winter Soldier, by any means, IMO) and not too preachy and I was pleasantly surprised, so it was an easy call for the so called "shot callers" to give the green light. Believe me, if it hadn't been in a second wave, those 4 new figures (Klau, Ayo, M'Baku & Killmonger) woulda seen the light of day somewhere else as 2 packs or some kind of exclusive. If Captain Marvel sees anything approaching the success that BP did (which I predict it will), there will indeed be a second wave. All I'm saying is if & when it happens (it will), I just hope they take that opportunity to give us the likes of those comic figure's that everyone assumed were gonna be part of this wave. I wouldn't even mind if the BAF is the Ronan from the First 10 years wave with a slightly altered paint scheme. In all honesty, I woulda rather had that than that weirdo, wrong size, blocky Sentry anyway. I woulda actually bought the full wave to complete the BAF rather than cherry pick the wave as I have and it looks like pretty much most everyone else will.

BTW,

13 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Bomber jacket figure = Leslie Knope doing Captain Marvel cosplay...

Best-Leslie-Knope-GIFs.jpg

Dead on, bro (or sis, I guess). Laughin' my ayass off!

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Yeah, I know what they "said" and though it provides for good optics, anyone who believes they were able to to concieve, design, and produce an "emergency" wave, complete with arranging at least 5 new facial scans with some actors who have very busy schedules, unless they'd already been done (which, why would they have been if a 2nd wave wasn't already planned?)

That actually sounds entirely reasonable. These sorts of projects have master design documents containing images of all the actors in costume that go out for merchandising well in advance. That's why you'll often find examples of figures that have costume inaccuracies vs. the finished product; they're working off material given over to the merchandisers at a relatively early stage in filming, and thus can't account for changes made as the production progresses. They'd have plenty of images and publicity photos to work off of when creating likenesses. Look at it like this: Hasbro is using the real face printing tech on the Clone Trooper figures in The Black Series. Do you think they're calling in Temura Morrison to fly into Hasbro HQ and do a new round of photos every time they want to make a new action figure based on one of his characters?

It's actually infinitely easier in this case; the entire wave contains about two new figures; the rest were all repaints or head swaps of bodies that had already been sculpted and tooled from previous waves. The only 100 percent brand new character near as I can tell is the BAF, possibly Klaue. Even Killmonger reuses parts from Netflix Punisher and the previous two-pack Killmonger, in addition to a unique torso.

Yeah, I know what they "said" 

I'm certainly more apt to believe people who actually worked on it vs. conspiracy theorists complaining about agendas.

5 hours ago, watanabefan said:

That actually sounds entirely reasonable. These sorts of projects have master design documents containing images of all the actors in costume that go out for merchandising well in advance. That's why you'll often find examples of figures that have costume inaccuracies vs. the finished product; they're working off material given over to the merchandisers at a relatively early stage in filming, and thus can't account for changes made as the production progresses. They'd have plenty of images and publicity photos to work off of when creating likenesses. Look at it like this: Hasbro is using the real face printing tech on the Clone Trooper figures in The Black Series. Do you think they're calling in Temura Morrison to fly into Hasbro HQ and do a new round of photos every time they want to make a new action figure based on one of his characters?

It's actually infinitely easier in this case; the entire wave contains about two new figures; the rest were all repaints or head swaps of bodies that had already been sculpted and tooled from previous waves. The only 100 percent brand new character near as I can tell is the BAF, possibly Klaue. Even Killmonger reuses parts from Netflix Punisher and the previous two-pack Killmonger, in addition to a unique torso.

I'm certainly more apt to believe people who actually worked on it vs. conspiracy theorists complaining about agendas.

So your defenition of a conspiracy theorist is anyone who questions the official narrative? Didn't mean to offend you by not blindly believing like the rest of the flock, but I'm sure you're familiar with all nearby safe spaces. It's better to actually have independent thought and question agendas and risk triggering the lemings than to pretend they don't exist just because you happen to agree with them. I'm not sure how long you've been a collector, but I've been at it for quite a while. It's not like Hasbro has never lied to us, whether intentionally or by honest mistake. And don't act like Disney has never had an agenda to push. They were 100 percent behind the entire Marvel gender/race/sexuality/religious idiology fiasco that blew up in their face. Yes, projects like Ms. Marvel and Champions were good and successful but those are the exception, not the rule. And for the record I do agree with many of these issues but don't outright agree with everything they stand for. Just like every other aspect in life there are both good and bad sides to everything. To flatly agree with something's base fundamentalism is not only ignorant, but its dangerous, cuz most people love to listen when it's things they like but tend to turn a deaf ear when the stark realism of the things they don't like start to come out. You go ahead and follow the world wide cult. I'll think for myself and form my own oponions, thank you. If it makes you feel better to call any thoughts outside of you or your group's own thoughts and opinions conspiracy, then by all means, feel free. Sheep are a dime a dozen, my friend.

As far as your vast knowledge about the industry and the people who work in it, just try and imagine my surprise at a certain amount of misinformation you managed to mix in with some of your admittedly factual information. Keep in mind that I have worked in a similar industry (young girls toys, dolls to be exact) in the art department, meaning digital and hard sculpting and everything you just said about character likenesses and production and storage of such is just inaccurate. And moreover, any and all production of new or amended design takes TIME. Even in a field where I worked where we used as many reusable parts as possible, up to 90% in most cases, a year is entirely feasable, but anywhere between 4 - 6 months is not, no matter how compressed the schedule is. Do you know why? Because of factory schedules. In order for a factory to be successful it has to constantly run products for several franchises and properties, all waiting in line to have those products finished ASAP. No one is stopping production and waiting on ML to decide what they are doing next. All product lines have their own independent management and their own deadlines and no one gets to cut in line. The people from My Little Pony division couldn't care less about ML's woes, deadlines or commitments. They have their own issues to deal with. This is just the way manufacturing works, from glass production to airplane parts (2 other fields I have experience in), that's just the way it goes. Anyone who has worked in an industry that regularly use the dreaded terms "lead time" or "set up time" can attest to this.  Every production time gets reserved and is subject to pre-approval, meaning you would have to show that you would have final product design ready to go into final production in time for your reserve. Something that most "emergencies" cannot guarantee. There is no such thing as an EMERGENCY WAVE. Consequently this also sheds some light on the constantly asked question of why many ML waves seem to hit at exactly the same time. The simple fact is that orders are put in just as fast as humanly possible to whichever facility can get them into schedule the quickest and as a result some waves get produced consecutively one after another or perhaps even simultaneously if done in different facilities. After that the the priority is to fill the retailer's order as quickly as possible in order to secure payment. Many times the retailer will take the product and store it in their own warehousing facilities to be shipped out at the time of their chosing. That's why sometimes products get released by some store chains earlier than others. Most of the time the reasons Target sees products hit the shelves before Walmart, or vice versa, has nothing to do with Hasbro. Now, I know you're super smart, cuz you've let us all know repeatedly on several occasions but maybe just try and stay in your own lane on this one, just this once and allow me to re-educate. Free of charge.

There are contractual obligations involved in using the likenesses of specific actors on both sides, but no matter what those negotiations on the movie side are, they are a different set of negotiations altogether on the toys and product side, meaning, there is some sort of negotiated compensation for both. Actors don't sit for free for the product manufacturers, regardless of how big their overall involvement was in the movie. Why do you think the 10 years products were more expensive than standard ML? The little bit of extra plastic and paint did not account for an added 25%. And yes, if they planned on using Temura Morrison's digitally mapped likeness in the SW Black line now or in the future they had to bring him in at least once (and probably even arranged for several different scans to avoid future travel facilitations), as I believe all previous versions of figures based on his likeness did not employ the current technology. Those images would then be stored for future use. The implication of the suggestion that he be brought in any time they wanted to do a new figure or product based on his likeness is both exaggerated and misleading in your attempts to back your point. Again, imagine my surprise. Now the compensation and further royalties to use and store the likeness of a relative unknown such as Morrison versus the one of an up and coming hot commodity such as Jordan are vastly different, meaning if it was not intended to do a figure of Jordan as Killmonger, then why would they have paid to have scans of him to be stored? Your arguments essentially cancel themselves out. Either they had his likeness in store with the intent of using it or they truly created a new wave which required at least some form of prototype, approval, tooling and mold fabrication, even with the amount of existing parts used. Like I said, no shortcuts. The only way to avert the long path was maybe if a wave, possibly the Kingpin wave, had a scheduled commencement date and they switched it out to do the BP 2nd wave in the end. It still lends to the question, why did they have Jordan's scan if not to be used.

I've been on this forum for a long time and I've gone into extended diatribes on what I know about the industry before and maybe a few of the mainstays here even remember and I'll probably get repremanded by Tarot for getting a little political and calling you out for your misinformation, and for that I will apologize to the community in advance, but you are by far the most.....let's just say..."self assured" person I've seen on this forum in a long time and for the most part I've defended your opinions to some other members, but when I see someone pushing straight garbage as fact without providing any verifiable facts to substantiate it, while also labeling other people's thoughts as conspiracy I'm gonna call you, or anyone, out every time. So you go ahead and keep on keeping on with that overinflated sense of superiority and self worth and I'll go ahead and keep bringing you back down to solid ground when necessary. I just provided you with more real world knowledge than what you probably got out of that Liberal Arts degree you put yourself into $100k worth of debt into for and all from the comfort of your smart phone screen. Consider it a gift. But don't you worry, I'm sure you are well on your way to Junior Senior Co-Shift Leader at the Starbucks Customer Support department still Keep at it, buddy. Also, judging by your interactions in the past I know you love to argue a point to death more than my OCD lawyer cousin, but I'm letting you know in advance that I refuse to be dragged any further into this discussion that you clearly have no idea what you're attempting to speak to. Any further enlightenment will not be provided free of cost.

27 minutes ago, monron999 said:

So your defenition of a conspiracy theorist is anyone who questions the official narrative? 

No. But given what I've witnessed of your posts and your endless, hyper focused babbling on that particular topic, yes, I'm going to call it a conspiracy theory.

Also, judging by your interactions in the past I know you love to argue a point to death more than my OCD lawyer cousin, but I'm letting you know in advance that I refuse to be dragged any further into this discussion that you clearly have no idea what you're attempting to speak to

That's perfect because I ain't reading your manifesto, LMAO. Save it for Alex Jones' site.

why did they have Jordan's scan if not to be used

*Yawns*

Already addressed. Try reading before you write your next novel.

71X6r-pYRfL._SL1200_.jpg

Keep in mind that I have worked in a similar industry (young girls toys, dolls to be exact) in the art department, meaning digital and hard sculpting and everything you just said about character likenesses and production and storage of such is just inaccurate. 

Nope. Disney does the scanning for a database of likenesses quite commonly and it's increasingly become the case for big movies.:

https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/prop-shop-3d-model-star-wars-replicas/

During The Force Awakens and Rogue One, the Propshop crew were tasked with making 3D scans of props and actors. You may recognize their photo rig from pictures of motion-capture performers like Lupita Nyong’o, but they scanned regular live-action actors as well. In Rogue One they even scanned the extras, tying into Gareth Edwards immersive filming technique on a 360-degree set, where crew members had to dress as background characters in case they were caught in shot.

The resulting 3D models are useful for continuity purposes, but they’re also used for CGI sequences, video game references, and detailed action figures. Once an actor has been scanned, Pinewood Studios has their face, body, and costume on file—which is a little creepy, but also kind of fascinating.

What bothers me about this wave is not the fact that we have 2 Capt Marv. (she is the star of the wave) but the fact that there is only 2 female character in a wave based on a Female led film. I know a certain some one will call me a SJW but they could have at least given us 2 more female characters.

it was the same with the BP and the fact that it was full of white characters. Hasbro, if you want to make the mouse happy, follow what the movie is promoting.

2 hours ago, watanabefan said:

The most surprising thing is that Rektangular reported there would be a classic Ms. Marvel with a Dark Ms. Marvel/Moonstone alternate head. He's been spot on with almost all of his other leaks this year, so it's weird if that doesn't end up being the case here.

I think he reported similar news with the Klaw and Shuri figures in the first BP wave. Then they ended up being a TRU exclusive. Maybe since the the Cap Marvel wave is also MCU heavy both the expected comic based figures of classic Ms. Marvel and Mar-Vell figures will be released similarly as a 2 pack.

7 hours ago, tarot said:

What bothers me about this wave is not the fact that we have 2 Capt Marv. (she is the star of the wave) but the fact that there is only 2 female character in a wave based on a Female led film. I know a certain some one will call me a SJW but they could have at least given us 2 more female characters.

it was the same with the BP and the fact that it was full of white characters. Hasbro, if you want to make the mouse happy, follow what the movie is promoting.

Part of the problem is that so far Carol is the only female really promoted for her movie and the rest is Nick Fury.