JayC

Did Actor Jake Gyllenhaal Just Confirm He Is Playing The Character Mysterio For Spider-Man: Far From Home?

It's been long rumored that actor Jake Gyllenhaal who will be co-starring next to Tom Holland in Sony's Spider-Man sequel titled Far From Home will be playing the super villain illusionist known as Mysterio, and now it looks like we may have confirmation of that from the man himself. Check out this video he posted for his very first Instagram post last night.

Spider-Man: Far From Home will be the first MCU movie to take place after the events of Avngers 4 and will open in theaters on July 5, 2019.

While the video was funny, it would've had a bigger impact if we hadn't already seen set photos of Gyllenhaal in full costume save for the fishbowl.

This video is also a reference to when Jake Gyllenhaal was supposed to replace Tobey Maguire in Spider-Man 2.

Even though we pretty much knew it, it's still great to get the confirmation. Mysterio is one of my favorite Spidey villains; so excited to have him be a main movie villain, especially being played by such an excellent actor. 

Question: is Mysterio the main bad guy for the new Spider-Man movie?

13 hours ago, ADour said:

While the video was funny, it would've had a bigger impact if we hadn't already seen set photos of Gyllenhaal in full costume save for the fishbowl.

Lol. That was what I was about to say. Isn't this pretty much a forgone conclusion by now?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Sponsors

• Topics

• Szamszantos sends us in-hand images for the new Marvel Legends 6" Spider-Man Kingpin Build-A-Figure wave from Hasbro. He lets us know the wave has started to show up already in the Philippines. The wave is expected to start showing up here in the US by the end of this year or first thing in January. The wave includes figures of Puma, 6-Arm Spider-Man, Red Goblin, Black Cat, Modern Symbiote Spider-Man, Silver Sable and Night Thrasher. This wave is currently available for pre-order at Megalopolis.Toys.
    • I had the previous version and preordered this new one mainly for the chromed wings, I wasnt expecting to like this figure much more than the first release (I thought the first one was good enough) and from pictures, the flat red/pink color didnt seem right but once I got this new one I really liked it, I still think the previous one is a good figure but in IMO this new one is just a little better, with the more vibrant colors he fits in better with the rest of my x-men, the feet and hands change also make this figure look more like archangel, and the interchangeable heads (even though they are all repaints) are a great bonus, I ended up putting the new one in my X-men display and using the old one as Death next to Apocalypse (within my x-men villians display), Im not sure if Ill try to repaint the Helmeted Death head or try on a different way (before this was anounced I had a Taskmaster head lying around, the silver one with the white hood that came with the more modern Task, I was thinking of modding to make a Death helmet head, I might end up going that way just so I dont mess up the hasbro one)
    • Really loving this wave! And I noticed they didn’t provide a box images with Jude Laws Character. Interesting. I know a lot of people are saying he is Yon-Rogg(Funko), but I’m still holding out hope that he is Mar- Vell! Because you can’t have Captain Marvel without Mar-Vell and Jude seems like he’s be perfect to play him! I just think Yon-Rogg might be a misdirection or something. (Hopefully)  Please Marvel let Jude Law be Mar-Vell!!!!! Lol
    • So many figres to choose from, among my most liked figures not counting the BAF's or re-releases, are (in that order): Cable, Elektra, Bishop, Mysterio, Omega Red and Silver Surfer. 

But my top 3 have to be Tiger Stripe Wolverine, The Thing and 90's Deadpool

• Great review the figure looks nice, a little on the large side, I was hoping I could fudge it in my normal Marvel legends display but he looks a bit big, still a nice looking figure, oh well thats 100 bucks ill be saving (or rather spending on other figures jaja)

The face flap thing they have is a cool feature but yeah this being a figure inspired on the classic Iron Man armor it would have been better to have a unmasked Tony Stark Head (If I remember correctly in this armor his helmet was a whole piece he took off entirely) plus the tony head under the helmet looks a little off, though I understand they probably went this way to cut costs knowing they were already packing in all the accesories and the light up feature, an extra head probably would have raised the production price a little bit.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE