JayC

Images from the trailer and my thoughts on it:

Now that the first trailer has dropped for what is likely the most eagerly anticipated movie of 2019, it's time to start the analysis process so that everyone can come up with their theories about what will happen in the movie of which none will likely be true.

We've compiled a GALLERY of images below from the new trailer for your viewing pleasure, in case you are at work or something and can't watch a video.

Just a couple observations of our own from this we can tell that Shuri was another casualty from Infinity War as her picture is shown on Banner's screen of deceased friends. One thing I thought was strange however was Peter Parker also shows up here, and while we know he in fact did not survive the last movie, I can't help but wonder how Banner is aware of that since Peter died off planet?

We see Hawkeye is back disguised Ronin. I don't know what the reason for the disguise is but I am guessing his family did not survive the Infinity purge.

Cap is back in what appears to be his Winter Soldier uniform or a variation of it.

Ant-Man has managed to get out of the Quantum Zone place we saw him stuck in at the end of Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Thor is sulking. He is probably upset that he didn't actually kill Thanos when he had the chance before Thanos snapped his finger.

Iron Man is lost in space which is odd to me. We are made to believe that the opening scene of the trailer with Stark is something that happens at the beginning of the movie, but I wonder if perhaps its not something that takes place later on. Perhaps after some unknown battle we have yet to see.

They make it seem like Stark is in the Guardians ship however that could be misdirection. The Guardians ship as far as I know received no damage in Infinity War so why wouldn't he and Nebula be able to easily navigate back to Earth with it? Is Stark in the Guardians ship or is he in another one and is Nebula with him? We see Nebula in the trailer but its unclear if she is with Stark. Also what is Nebula putting her hand on?

So that wraps up my thoughts. Let me know what you think in the comments below. Avengers: Endgame opens in theaters on April 26, 2019 so there is plenty of time for all the Internet theorists to post their videos telling you what will happen.

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-01.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-02.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-03.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-04.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-05.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-06.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-07.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-08.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-09.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-10.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-11.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-12.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-13.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-14.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-15.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-16.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-18.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-19.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-20.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-21.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-22.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Trailer-Screencap-23.jpg

First of all, great first trailer. I knew it would be Avengers Endgame when Doctor Strange said it. I think JC is right about Stark being on the ship alone, he mentioned his food rations being gone four days. The ship Nebula was on looked different to me. As for Banner knowing about Peter being gone, I'm sure Stark tower had a tracker on his suit that no longer shows a signal and Banner knows he probably disappeared like the others, Shuri could still be alive in Wakanda where she's shielded form detection, Scott Langs picture was on the board maybe because he was still in the Quantum zone at the time. I think the scene of Thor was in Wakanda. The Hawkeye/Black widow scene is in Asia. The mystery for me is how Scott escaped the Quantum zone, and if he had help from there did they come back with him?

What is Nebula putting her hand on ? It looks to me like she is placing her hand on Captain Americas shoulder. In the trailer there is a seen with Captain America and Black Widow talking on a ship. Captain America is wearing his winter soldier outfit. You can see the straps and the dark flag patch.  It looks like to me that Nebula may be on the same ship with them and she touches Captain America on the shoulder in the seat that he is sitting in. You can make out the strap on the shoulder and what appears to be a dark patch.  Thats just my thoughts. 

This trailer was perfect. It was character focused, vice event focused. It kept things grim until the very end with Scott (the comedic and unseemly ray of hope), and that's the way it should be, so that we are left as an audience properly where we should be when we retake our seats for the back half of this epic two parter. I like many, am interested by why Nebula and Tony end up separated. Did she try another route, and abandon Tony in his sleep (I think that's whose shoulder she touches with regret and/or guilt as she departs to try to find her own way to finally kill Thanos)? I also think Cap looking with despair at the compass pendant of Peggy may indicate that Sharon Carter was lost in the snap (or decimation).

And what was that winged thing flying through space? It did not appear to me to be the Guardians' ship...seemed to have a slimmer profile. Is that a person with wings?

As another poster said, that scarecrow Thanos, direct from the comics, was a beautiful homage and piece of symbolism for an abandonment of old ways.

Very excited to see the band all come back together and realize Dr. Strange's vision! 5-ish months to go guys and gals!