Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Non-Spoiler Movie Review

JayC

If you are looking for s fun movie this holiday season that the whole family can enjoy, then you may want to check out Sony’s new animated film Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse.

The movie tells a tale of Miles Morales becoming Spider-Man and how he is joined by other Spider-Man based characters from around the multi-verse who have banned together to stop the Kingpin and his henchmen from destroying Earth.

While the basic plot is a bit on the corny side, it was offset by stellar animation, strong voice casting, and good character development.

The film has a number of big name stars lending their voice talents to this project including Chris Pine, Nicholas Cage, Liev Schreiber and Lily Tomlin. I thought the strongest performance came from Shemeik Moore who voiced Miles Morales. He did a really good job bringing the character from the pages of the comics to the big screen.

The animation was very different from most animated movies you will see this year, but I thought it blended the feel of a comic with life-like animation well, especially the facial expressions of the characters.

The movie is filled with plenty of action to keep the younger viewers entertained as well as some funny and emotional moments that will keep the older viewers happy. This film features one of the last cameo appearances of the late Stan Lee which had me tearing up a little. Besides that, the movie included a number of cool easter eggs for older Marvel cartoon viewers, including an after credit scene that is not only cool but pretty funny.

This is the third animated movie I’ve seen in as many weeks including Wreck It Ralph and The Grinch. While I did enjoy all three movies, I thought this was the best of the three.

Going into this movie, I didn’t really know what to expect, but I really enjoyed it and recommend you check it out.

Grade: B+
15 of 24

I cant wait to see this movie, hopefuly in my country theyll show it in its original language (usually they only sub live action movies, most animated movies are only showed dubbed, which means I usually wait for the bluray release)

Been so hyped for this movie ever since we saw the first trailer. I was going to wait to see it later on with my comic buddy that moved several cities away, but I couldn't wait and just got opening night tickets for this last night. Luckily, my friend was cool with watching it separately, and we will be enjoying Welcome to Marwen when I go visit. Win/Win.

Saw the movie and it is amazing. The performances are great, loads of characters without them tripping over each other or jogging the limelight. Doesn't play like a regular hero-origin movie. Loads of Easter eggs to keep fans happy and a great post-credit scene.

Also why isn't Spidey Bells available on the soundtrack?