Mafex is killing it

noah_perez

Can I just say mafex is killing it in the marvel figures business black panther looks amazing, Deadpool looks good, venom looks amazing, comic book spidey looks like the best spider man action figure ever made and is sold out on bigbadtoystore.com sorry cause yo boy got his pre ordered but anyways mafex is amazing right now 

9 minutes ago, tarot said:

They may look nice but there is no way in hell im paying 40 to 80 for one figure when i could get 2 to 3 marvel legends for that price

True. I would buy a hell a lot of Mafex if they weren't so damn expensive. Then they're brittle and flimsy as hell once you take em outta the box.

Its good to get one at least to see if its something you like. Its one of those wierd things. They're awesome to pose, but they're just so delicate they're really easy to break. Pose heavy collectors beware. I would, however suggest finding one on clearance or sale before deciding to start collecting at full price. I've managed to land some pretty cheap opened items on ebay.

Never got anything Mafex before but the comic Spidey and Venom are mesmerizing!

The Spider-Man is basically an update to the 1st or 2nd Toybiz Spider-Man Classics line, which was always my favorite Spidey figure. So that said, I HAD to pre-order it lol.

And Venom is right there too of how I would've wanted him portrayed in figure form so got him reserved as well.

Now that I think about it, I don't know when these guys are expected to release.

They certainly look good, but that price point, ouch, that's almost a whole wave of Legends if you're smart about where you buy.  I had a pre-order down on the Comic Spidey, but cancelled, the more I thought about it, the more I realized the price was too rich for my blood, especially when it's supposed to drop in February, with several ML waves before and after it.  

But definitely no argument on the way they look, they look amazing.

I like Mafex but I am pretty pick n choosy with them. I do think they look better (as well as being better priced) than SHF but I still think that they are overall too expensive, for what you get.

Now, speaking of killing it...Mezco 1:12 Collective! For me, the Mezco Marvel figures are easily the best Marvel figures on the market, in any scale, for the quality and amount of accessories/features you get with them. I have all of them minus a few exclusive variants that I was too late on preordering (thanks to them lasting on their site for like 5 seconds) and that I will have to track down later. Grrr.

For Mafex, I have half a dozen or so Star Wars figures, all 3 Robocops, Big Chap Alien, both John Wicks, Deadpool, Venom and I think 1-2 more of something but I can’t remember at the moment and I’m too lazy to check my inventory. I definitely don’t have a large collection of them but at least I’m keeping it eclectic lol.

Same deal with Figma, I like their stuff but I am very pick n choosy and I think that they are definitely overpriced for the most part. Case in point, I have the Figma Big Chap Alien for example (which was already overpriced at like $90 if i recall) and then they threw up a Predator 2 City Hunter and it’s like double the price almost (think it’s $160 if I recall). It’s like seriously...wtf guys, no thanks! My Fully Loaded version of the Mezco 1:12 Punisher came with like 50 guns (among plenty of other things lol) and it cost less than that. Crazy.

For pure import lines however I must concede that I like the Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltech line the most, with Magneto, Tiger Wolvie, Venom and Carnage in particular being super stand-outs for me. I don’t even care about DC but definitely couldn’t pass up their Batman and Deathstroke. The line is just unique and super fun imo.

Minus the lack of proper 3.75 product (I sure do miss MU & Joe’s), it really has never been a better time to be a collector as the variety out there these days is just NUTS!

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Koalah said:

Mafex's new comic stuff is tool ILL to pass on. That wolverine and spiderman are awesome. 

If Wolverine is scaled to fit in with ML, then I'll definitely want to get him. Tiger-stripe is the only Wolverine I'd care to have in my collection anyway. Well... I take that back because I actually would like to get that Weapon X from the ML Caliban wave. But I think you're right..... Mafex is pretty tight.