Jump to content
JayC

Marvel Legends 6" X-Men Caliban Wave Packaged Images

Recommended Posts

 
Hasbro has released new packaged images for the upcoming 6" Marvel Legends X-Men Caliban Build-A-Figure wave which includes the following.

Gambit - Comes with extra card throwing hand, energized card and staff. No BAF piece.

Blink - Comes with energy daggers, teleportation ring and Caliban leg.

Weapon X - Comes with alternate head without helmet and Caliban leg.

Forge - Comes with rifle, pistol and Caliban left arm.

Skullbuster - Comes with pistol, alternate Revver head and Caliban right arm.

Jim Lee Style Beast - Comes with alternate hands and Caliban headsculpt.
 
Jim Lee Style Jubilee - Comes with alternate head blowing a bubble and has glasses off. Also includes a separate pair of glasses and torso for Caliban.

Check out the images below.

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Caliban-BAF-Wave 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Caliban-BAF-Wave 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Caliban-BAF-Wave 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Caliban-BAF-Wave 4.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Caliban-BAF-Wave 5.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Caliban-BAF-Wave 6.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Caliban-BAF-Wave 7.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Caliban-BAF-Wave.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed with no calm beast head but hasbro save themselves with the reese head. Must buy 2 now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap, that Blink looks amazing. And from the look of it, they've improved Gambit's throwing effect from Dagger's and Whateverthehellthatwas Captain America. Even the Forge face sculpt looks better for some reason. Aside from the BAF, this is the best ML wave ever. And to be 100% clear, before anyone jumps on me about Caliban vs. Strong Guy (or Nimrod), I'm not hating the figure itself. It's just that....it's Caliban. I mean, who cares, y'now?

And@tarot, not to argue for arguments sake, but don't you think the Reese head would look better on the Nuke buck as he's never been depicted as having bionic legs or arms? I dunno, the Nuke buck might be a bit on the large side. Cool inclusion, though. And totally unexpected. I love it when they do that. Still doesn't wipe the taste of that 6 arm Spidey outta my mouth though.

BTW, it doesn't look like that staff that comes with Gambit was all that hard to make after all. Where the hell was that thing when Moon Knight came out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, monron999 said:

Holy crap, that Blink looks amazing. And from the look of it, they've improved Gambit's throwing effect from Dagger's and Whateverthehellthatwas Captain America. Even the Forge face sculpt looks better for some reason. Aside from the BAF, this is the best ML wave ever. And to be 100% clear, before anyone jumps on me about Caliban vs. Strong Guy (or Nimrod), I'm not hating the figure itself. It's just that....it's Caliban. I mean, who cares, y'now?

And@tarot, not to argue for arguments sake, but don't you think the Reese head would look better on the Nuke buck as he's never been depicted as having bionic legs or arms? I dunno, the Nuke buck might be a bit on the large side. Cool inclusion, though. And totally unexpected. I love it when they do that. Still doesn't wipe the taste of that 6 arm Spidey outta my mouth though.

Yeah but the chances of us getting that are few. Hell skullbuster is not even comic book accurate. Take what you can get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hah, This is one of those strange waves where the actual figures are more attractive than the BAF. Like tarot I'm not too crazy about the face on beast but we take what we can get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely picking up 2-3 Beasts, Blink, Forge and Gambit. I also have the Revoltech Beast on pre-order.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great wave! Love the cards effect for Gambit and the portal for Blink. Beast and Gambit are the heavy hitters of the wave!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gambit, Jubilee, Blink and Beast are must haves for me. Definitely want the whole wave, but those are the ones I don't want to miss out on.

I'm on the same page on Beast's head and a second one would have been nice. But judging on how crammed in Caliban's head is, a second Beast head would be a tight fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for this wave, they all look awesome!

Hope Beast's articulation enables some great poses, especially with that alternative left hand

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a good wave, Gambit and Beast are musts for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

110% psyched for this wave...it's Fry time again...
download.thumb.jpeg.1176a88a5ae5cff138cf6e9b4677720e.jpeg

 

 

 

I guess Forge could be better (much prefer the version from the ancient Hasbro ML Forge/Wolverine (blue/yellow suits) two-pack) and an alt head and/or cape for Caliban would have been nice, but those are my only issues.

Been waiting for a decent Blink since Toy Biz's botched 'Most Wanted' version, and neither Gambit nor Beast have ever been done as well as this previously (Toy Biz or Hasbro). Most of these, I honestly thought we'd never get (I popped huge for Skullbuster & praying other Reavers -  cyborg Pierce Deathstrike, Pretty Boy etc. will get a shot, either based on Marc Silvestri or Jim Lee's iterations). Like with Magik, X-23, Warlock, Domino & Sauron, huge respect to Hasbro for doing these figures: it keeps Marvel Legends fresh and addictive for a jaded, long-time fanboy who digs the MCU but lives and dies for the comics.

Silverback's point is a good one (though I do like Caliban). I think you need to look at every figure in the wave and say, "If there were no BAF parts, would I be buying this figure?"  The BAF part is an accessory, but most of us are buying figures we don't like, solely for a pack-in 'bonus'...which is just dumb. With any mixed comic/MCU waves, I'm buying full cases just to get the BAF: something I've grown to hate/resent more & more over time. With all non-comic figures, I just remove the BAF part & immediately eBay the untouched figure...usually at a loss. 

Having said that, mixing makes it really easy to pass on some waves: the second Black Panther wave was the first Hasbro ML wave where I didn't buy a single figure, and I only grudgingly bought the Captain Marvel wave (£150 for a BAF, Genis-Vell and Grey Gargoyle...what a waste). What burned particularly was that Hasbro had decades of superb, relevant, comic-based characters that could have been included: Captain Marvel (I - Silver Age & from Death of Captain Marvel; Dark Avengers Captain Marvel (Karla Sofen); Binary (Starjammers/X-Men Brood saga Carol Danvers); Brood; generic Kree Soldier....and so on. Two MCU Captain Marvels - differentiated by a bomber jacket only - is lazy and guaranteed to warm pegs and retailer discounts, and if there are more 5 / 2 splits (5 MCU 2 comic) I'm gonna pass.

Edited by LandoTucker
Wrong gif & one grammatical errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Lady D is pretty much coming at this stage. Maybe for the X-force wave. You wouldn't put someone like Reese and Skullbuster in a wave and not have someone to lead them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, tarot said:

I think Lady D is pretty much coming at this stage. Maybe for the X-force wave. You wouldn't put someone like Reese and Skullbuster in a wave and not have someone to lead them.

Hope so, Tarot - makes sense and she'd be a damn good fit for either wave. Most of the figures are still unconfirmed for the summer X-waves, though if Thunderbird/Warpath, Psylocke & Wolverine in black/grey don't show up in the X-Force wave, I'll eat my laptop...

The fact that we are still very light on key X-Men/mutant villains is also important, but with Omega Red, Sauron, Apocalypse and Sabertooth all showing up last year, I have lots of reasons to be hopeful.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tarot said:

I think Lady D is pretty much coming at this stage. Maybe for the X-force wave. You wouldn't put someone like Reese and Skullbuster in a wave and not have someone to lead them.

I had that positive outlook at first too but if you really force yourself to look at it logistically you'll really just understand it was an easy way to get some extra mileage outta the Deathlock buck which is pretty unique, and as such, pretty limited in its scope for future use. I do agree with you that LD is just a matter of time, and hopefully sooner than later, but I suspect any future Reavers will most likely consist of the same Deathlock buck with alternate head sculpts. It would be cool if they could find a way to slightly retool the Ultimate Beetle (or Kirby Ultron) buck to be used as a Pretty Boy figure with Donald Pierce swap head. And to be honest, it really wouldn't be that hard if they wanted to. Maybe they could get some real use outta that Scourge buck and do a Macon/Cole figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of positivity, I also think bonebreaker is coming not because of this but because one of the hasbro team, i forget who, wants to do the dark reign war machine with the tank treads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a question for y'all: If you only had enough money TODAY for three figures and this shows up at your local store TODAY, which three would you pick? Let's say they had the full case, so 2 Gambits in store.

I'd pick Jubilee for sure. Beast. And Forge? Damn that was harder than I thought LOL

I'd wanna pick up Gambit and Blink right away after though.

I can wait for an Amazon sale for the Weapon X and Skullbuster.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zero hesitation on my part. I'd definitely go Gambit, Blink and Beast. I love the Jubes but, as we all know, after the initial rush the female figs always warm the pegs. How many stores are drowning in Gwenpool right now? I suppose the same can be said for Blink but I've wanted one so bad for so long I can't pass up first dibs. Wolverine will always sell well but I just have Wolverine fatigue. I'll only "have" to get him for the BAF. Forge and Skullbuster are obscure enough that I don't foresee any problem finding them after the new wears off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Here's a question for y'all: If you only had enough money TODAY for three figures and this shows up at your local store TODAY, which three would you pick? Let's say they had the full case, so 2 Gambits in store.

I'd pick Jubilee for sure. Beast. And Forge? Damn that was harder than I thought LOL

I'd wanna pick up Gambit and Blink right away after though.

I can wait for an Amazon sale for the Weapon X and Skullbuster.

 

I'd probably kill myself...I need 'em all! But, if we're talking gun to the head & say, half the line will be cancelled it's easy: Blink, Beast and Gambit - three figures that have never been done satisfactorily in any scale. I'd agonise over Gambit or Jubilee, but as the Gen X/modern BAF Jubes from the Wolverine Legends wave is still pure class, it'd be Gambit.

And, if it's down to one, it's Blink. Absolutely no question...loved the character from Phalanx Saga onwards, and she's even better in AOA (Vol. 1). TheMovie of Days of Future Past tarnished her a bit, but Jamie Chung is a capable & extremely tasty actor doing a fine job with the character in Gifted (love that TV series)..though I'm not clear why it is always an oriental/Asian actress that plays her in movies/TV...she's actually from a White British background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, monron999 said:

Zero hesitation on my part. I'd definitely go Gambit, Blink and Beast. I love the Jubes but, as we all know, after the initial rush the female figs always warm the pegs. How many stores are drowning in Gwenpool right now? I suppose the same can be said for Blink but I've wanted one so bad for so long I can't pass up first dibs. Wolverine will always sell well but I just have Wolverine fatigue. I'll only "have" to get him for the BAF. Forge and Skullbuster are obscure enough that I don't foresee any problem finding them after the new wears off.

Though I'm not a fan of the character, there's a reason Gwenpool is easier to get. Wasn't she the double-packed figure from the wave? She also came with the worst part of the BAF: the head-scratchingly awkward tail.

12 hours ago, LandoTucker said:

I'd probably kill myself...I need 'em all! But, if we're talking gun to the head & say, half the line will be cancelled it's easy: Blink, Beast and Gambit - three figures that have never been done satisfactorily in any scale. I'd agonise over Gambit or Jubilee, but as the Gen X/modern BAF Jubes from the Wolverine Legends wave is still pure class, it'd be Gambit.

And, if it's down to one, it's Blink. Absolutely no question...loved the character from Phalanx Saga onwards, and she's even better in AOA (Vol. 1). TheMovie of Days of Future Past tarnished her a bit, but Jamie Chung is a capable & extremely tasty actor doing a fine job with the character in Gifted (love that TV series)..though I'm not clear why it is always an oriental/Asian actress that plays her in movies/TV...she's actually from a White British background.

Please don't kill yourself :p

I'd probably put Blink in my three if it was a closer representation of the Joe Mad Blink from AOA. I prefer the neckline design Madureira did of her, and the bag that houses her javelins. I also prefer her hairstyle there.

BTW, I think they renamed her Clarice Fong, as opposed to Ferguson, in The Gifted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not gonna lie and I might be in the minority, I’m only interested in this line for the Caliban BAF. I’ve love that Caliban design since the 1st time I saw it as a kid.

 

2A34C7A5-C56C-480E-8164-B72AFA029790.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Though I'm not a fan of the character, there's a reason Gwenpool is easier to get. Wasn't she the double-packed figure from the wave? She also came with the worst part of the BAF: the head-scratchingly awkward tail.

Please don't kill yourself :p

I'd probably put Blink in my three if it was a closer representation of the Joe Mad Blink from AOA. I prefer the neckline design Madureira did of her, and the bag that houses her javelins. I also prefer her hairstyle there.

BTW, I think they renamed her Clarice Fong, as opposed to Ferguson, in The Gifted.

Having this AND two more X-Waves on the way is a damn good reason to live! 

Gwenpool was indeed doubled up but worse, was a huge disappointment as a figure. I bought one loose while the case was shipping and then immediately wondered why. Possibly a better head sculpt would have helped but it's just not a figure I like, and I'm not wholly sure why.

All of the Lizard was pretty bad (Spider-Man BAFs are the most variable of them all). From the head -that just drops straight off - to the dumb tippy-toes, non-bend knees and the ludicrous tail (I think they were going for the effect that Toy Biz nailed with their very cool John Romita Jr. Blackheart...clearly the Toy Biz guys had grasped that less weight up top and better articulation would be needed for a character posed on toes).

I'm a huge Joe Mad fan....his run on Uncanny X-Men wasn't long but his influence was massive and every artist on the X-books for the next 10-15 years was either emulating (e.g. Chris Bachalo) or reacting against (e.g. Leinel Francis Yu) his thick-line, slick Manga-plus style. Personally, I loved it & managed to get him to sign a TBiz Most Wanted Spat & Grovel card. Treasured!

So, I can't disagree with you about Blink because you're quite right: JM's rendition of her was indeed pretty much perfect (just like Art Adams' Wolverine & Colossus, JR Jr.'s Cyclops and Jim Lee's Psylocke) with her little satchel and tunic, big eyes, slick modified bob & long-drop bangs and super-cool costume, but I can live with Exiles era Blink. If Hasbro ever gets round to a Joe Madureira Maggot or Marrow (as both were drawn before before Operation: Zero Tolerance) I will literally explode with delight. Again.

I guess the re-name of Clarice makes sense (and I didn't know she'd been renamed either - good shout & good knowledge!) but I do NOT like it....Thank God they didn't feel the need to take  the Cuckoos or Polaris in that direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, GojiBill said:

I’m not gonna lie and I might be in the minority, I’m only interested in this line for the Caliban BAF. I’ve love that Caliban design since the 1st time I saw it as a kid.

 

2A34C7A5-C56C-480E-8164-B72AFA029790.jpeg

Ahhh...this brings back memories!! Yeah, I loved this one too...especially the rubbery cape which was (unusual for the time) not only super detailed and decently sculpted, but fit the figure perfectly. He may have always spoken in the third person, but he was still bad-ass!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Joe Mad, now I want a Joe Mad! Rogue Marvel Legends with her short-lived pink Shi'ar costume from Uncanny 342. Toybiz made one as part of their Power Slammers line.

Ugh. Thanks... :(

Also, I'm just remembering that the "Marvel's Most Wanted" Blink came with a cloak with a hoodie (tunic) and now I'm doubly disappointed this Marvel Legends Blink doesn't come with one. :wacko:

342.jpg

powerslammers.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't diss Power Slammers Rogue, dude...it's like mugging the Pope! She's wearing purple!!! Like Prince!!!! And the butt on that figure too. Lordy! No wonder Gambit and Joseph were killing themselves over her...

I was drooling for this figure for a full year, and it is a beautiful figure...just don't ever open it. If you did, you'd find it's 'kid friendly' (e.g. two points of limited articulation)...ol' Toy Biz had gigged the left arm and waist to flop around and be completely unposeable and put poor Rogue in one of the most awkward poses ever (second only to 7" high Onslaught Jean Grey) Plus, did no-one think: Rogue is super, superstrong and can fly - why does she need a football throwing machine to take down Magneto?  In case he brings his mutant dog?

I think this wave (with an equally nutso spacesuit Gambit) pissed collectors off so much, Biz finally listened and moved away from the terrible gimmicks (spaceships, dinosaurs, um...squirting and shooting stuff) to a whole new realm of pure awesomeness: All-New X-Men box set, still unbeaten versions of Bishop and Shard, and loads of other cool X-Men, a Classic Avengers box, New Mutants, Most Wanted, Marvel Vs Capcom...and a whole slew of better, common scale, ball jointed, comic accurate figures. Some crazy character choices (man, were people pissed about Stegron), and some anomalies (Avengers got just four carded figures in about two years...cos back then no-one cared about the Avengers at all...toys or comics). Anyhoo, all that sowed the seeds for the Golden Age of Toy Biz Marvel Legends! Happy Days....anyone else miss the safer, saner mid to late 1990's? And, who's joining my campaign to lobby Hasbro for a new Spat & Grovel for 2020? It could happen! They did Spider-Ham, didn't they? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally not dissing Power Slammers Rogue! I loved that thing!

I've actually been trying to buy a Spat and Grovel fig off ebay. I'd like to think they (Spat especially) can fit in with Legends (?)

Anyways to try to go back on topic, I'm really not a fan of the darker furs on Beast especially on his hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Shop for Marvel Action Figures

  • Topics

  • Posts



×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE