What's up with the X-Force wave

monron999

Recent rumors and updates about this year's X-Force wave seem to be taking a little excitement away from this wave as we all wait with baited breath to see what it will consist of.

Just to chime in on the subject, I think it's definitely going to be a mixed wave of modern and classic figures. Let's not forget, the teaser at the last convention of last year (I believe it was the Lucca) showed a picture of th classic team, but I also don't see any way they could avoid including a few modern members. Firstly, it's gonna require a headliner and as Cable doesn't have the chops to be the big draw and Deadpool has already been done in both classic and X-Force gear, the only logical choice is Wolverine in black & gray. Then we have a new Jubilee sculpt that can be resourced for a classic Boom Boom with no more than a paint job and a new head sculpt. Of course, in a perfect world the upper torso would be retooled as, if any of you other "Old Guys" will remember, back in the 90's it was a running joke that Jubes and Boom Boom were so similar in age, style, attitude and power set that they hated each other and it was often said by Boom Boom that the one thing she could definitely do better was "fill a bra". But we're in a different world where that joke wouldn't fly anymore so well take what we can get. An X-Force Psylocke would be the perfect chance for Hasbro to either improve on the lackluster head sculpt of the last one or even give us an updated head sculpt of the modern "caucasian" Betsy. Either one works for me. As its been pointed out by several of us here, it wouldn't take much to do a new Warpath using the Omega Red buck. Whether that would be the classic or modern version is up for debate. The modern version would probably be the safest bet because, as many have also pointed out, the classic costume would most likely be perceived as offensive in today's environment. Though that's not my personal opinion. Cannonball would make sense as he will be appearing in the upcoming New Mutants movie and it might be well in Hasbro's interest do create a new buck to do Feral, especially if they plan on doing an updated version of Tigra anytime soon. Just something to think about.

Of course, anyone who follows Rektangular has seen that it's rumored that there will be no BAF (WTF) and that leads him to believe, similar to the Vintage line, this wave will be nothing more than existing figures repainted in the black & gray of the modern team. To that I must once again point out that the teaser was a picture of a classic X-Force cover.

We can only hope Toy Fair will shed a little light on the subject.

What I wonder is what if the X Force line is the rumored vintage X Men line that Rektangular has been talking about. They are both rumored of hitting in August and both have no baf. That would seriously suck. I have been hoping for a rerelease of Jim Lee Jean Grey with better hands. Maybe squeeze in Banshee recycling parts reusing that old cape from the old Hasbro one from long ago. I hope I am wrong.

the X-force name could just be that the wave is X-force heavy. It could just be a X-men wave. 

That again is even considering that their is an X-Force wave. It still just a rumour (Rekt showing listing not with standing). 

I also think that it could just be a simple repaint Vintage wave though as the X-force line of the Toybiz days was a big seller.

I don’t think we’ll get a Deadpool in this wave. He’s been over done lately. I can’t see hasbro releasing another costume variant in a wave not focused on him. I can see this wave mainly being  rereleases of modern figures in xforce costumes like Psylocke or archangel . We might see some new classic xforce characters.

If they are still doing an X Force movie then its understandable to think that an actual wave would be coming. I was surprised when they not only did one Deadpool wave but two. It would be great to get those classic desired characters and I can see getting repaints of Psylocke, Wolverine, and Archangel. 

With Disney getting the X Men and Fantastic Four rights from Fox with their soon to be merger, I think its up in the air of what could happen. Plans for future X titles could very well become canceled and a full reboot to the X universe could be on its way. But then again Marvel may have something planned where both universes clide but I hope they reboot the whole mess. 

As of Friday night, X-Force is definitely coming, as a 6 figure wave(no BAF), which leads me to my guess of re-releases, in the vein of the vintage wave, on the "classic" XForce card style.

My character guesses are based on that and the figures that were originally released in that line.

http://cooltoyreview.com/Flashback018.asp

<<Shoutout to Mr.Curto for the article at the link!!>>

Of course, as always, all things are subject to change. 

Would they include Archangel with this wave though? Hasbro went out of its way to make a new "Deluxe" wave all on its own to release that new Archangel. I suppose this new Archangel could just be that figure with repainted black and silver X-Force color-scheme without the additional heads but would normally cheap-o Hasbro think that's tenable? Could they even fit *that* Archangel into the vintage card stock?

I'm actually hoping for classic X-Force members (think Liefeld-era...without the funny proportions) and I'm wishing for a non-vintage wave. I think it'd be a waste to not get a BAF piece for essentially the same price point.

Yeah... I think it's super-lame that the "Vintage" waves don't have BAFs, despite being the same price. A new X-Force Wolverine makes sense, to give this wave a "heavy hitter." I'd rather see old-school characters and costumes, but not sure how strong of a wave that would be then, demand wise. If that were no issue, a great X-Force wave would be:

-Warpath (original costume)

-Boom-Boom

-Siryn

-Wolfsbane

-Pyro

-Avalanche

-Banshee (yellow and blue) (Yeah, I know he was never a member, but he's Siryn's dad, and would add a more well-known character, who very much needs an update, to the mix).

On 1/20/2019 at 2:03 PM, rwsharpjr said:

I am thinking it will be a 6 figure case/wave, on "Xforce" cards similar to the old toy biz 5" xmen spinoff line.

My guesses are rereleases/repaints of.....Deadpool, Cable, Domino, Shatterstar, Stryfe, and Warpath.

Maybe?

I could definitely see this happening, especially if they repurpose the Sentry/Thor head for Warpath. I don’t know if they’d rerelease Shatterstar so Soon though, considering he’s still readily available on shelves. Maybe another villain instead? They could easily repurpose the bearded Peter Parker head into Black Tom Cassidy.

Black Tom would be awesome, though I'd rather see the classic version than the funky 90s version that Toy Biz made. Either way, though, I'd certainly buy it. I guess it depends which version of Warpath they're doing- a 90s one would would need a headband, but if they do a modern one, why not just go with the head from the Hasbro ML 2-pack Warpath? Just for variety?

well acording to news Disney isnt planning to go along with the X-Force Movie (the last Fox movies will be Dark Phoenix and New Mutants since those have already been shot) if this is true we might see the rumored X-Force wave canceled or rebranded as a new X-men or Deadpool Wave. In any case I would have liked to see most of the figures in that line be classic X-Force versions: Boom Boom, Warpath, Cannonball, Syrin, Sunspot and maybe throw in a modern X-Force Wolverine using the new wolverine buck just so hasbro has one of their "selling" characters in the wave (I doubt theyd put Psylocke or Archangel in their black costumes since both figures just recently came out in their normal costumes but id be ok with either if they did). BAF I really dont know

If they don't go with classic X-force they could easily go with the line-up that just launched in the comic series. Most could be repaints/retools of fairly recent figures and still be a solid line-up. Cannonball, Shatterstar, Warpath, Deathlock, Domino, Boom Boom, and young Cable. They could throw in a villain and even make Warpath the build a figure if they go that route since he's still pretty hard to track down. 

Xforce2.jpg

I'm so conflicted when it comes to this wave. My number one figure I want made is an all white Fantomex. Not a simple repainted of the abomination that came out years ago. I want an all new one. Don't know why but I've been a big Fantomex fan since he was created. But I also want a classic red and blue Warpath. I would totally love a mixed wave but damn it would be great to pair a 90's X-Force with the 90's X-Men.

6 hours ago, RealElMaximo said:

I could definitely see this happening, especially if they repurpose the Sentry/Thor head for Warpath. I don’t know if they’d rerelease Shatterstar so Soon though, considering he’s still readily available on shelves. Maybe another villain instead? They could easily repurpose the bearded Peter Parker head into Black Tom Cassidy.

I really hope they don't go the repainted route on this wave. According to rektangular on YouTube we are suppose to be getting an X-Men vintage wave this year and those are usually mostly repaints of existing figures so hopefully they don't do us dirty with the X-Force wave.

3 hours ago, Satam said:

This wave is getting the Strong Guy BAF collectors have been asking for.  X-Factor/X-Force, whatever.  Still gonna happen.  Calling it now.

I love the way you think my friend. Looks like you're fairly new on these forums so you might not know I'm the biggest Strong Guy honk in these posts and I've been calling his BAF for like 3 years only to get my heart broken by Warlock, Sauron (who was an awesome BAF) and most recently and most humiliatingly, Caliban (again, WTF?). At this point I'm just cruising. Stopped hoping. Just going with the flow. I'm assuming it will be done. Some day. After Nimrod. And after Sinister. And after Gentle....and Rockslide....and Armour, Mammomax, Bonebreaker, Orphan Maker, Blockbuster, another Brood Queen, Ch'od, Sunder, Glob, a Blob redo, Leech, Squid Boy, No Girl. Then surely well get Strong Guy. We just gotta weather that storm.

1 hour ago, FigurePatrol said:

I'm so conflicted when it comes to this wave. My number one figure I want made is an all white Fantomex. Not a simple repainted of the abomination that came out years ago. I want an all new one. Don't know why but I've been a big Fantomex fan since he was created. But I also want a classic red and blue Warpath. I would totally love a mixed wave but damn it would be great to pair a 90's X-Force with the 90's X-Men.

I've also been pining for an updated Fantomex as well. The first one wasn't all that bad in comparison to most of what transpired during the "Dark Days" but it's time has passed and it's time to revisit one of the coolest characters since Gambit. I know he's typically portrayed with the sleeveless duster and it wouldn't be hard to do, but at this point with the upgraded arm sculpts used on Maddrox and Gambit, I wouldn't mind them going full trench coat with him. And that would even make sense as Hasbro doesn't seem to like doing straight redos, but rather alternate looks of characters they've already done. Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to maybe do a Fantomex redo as a Walgreens exclusive? With the upcoming Mystique and probably Emma Frost, this looks to be the preferred platform Hasbro is using to exorcise some ghosts of X-Men Past. Of course, if they really wanna throw us a curve ball (and impress the hell outta me in the process), the could actually do some kinda Fantomex/Dr. Nemesis swap head figure. Additionally, the all white costume would ultimately end up being an alternate look tobtge black and white version already done. Something to think about, Hasbro.

Charlie_Cluster-7_(Earth-616).jpg

3520246cfd0efbf9ff95a9ada828954e.jpg

I'd welcome Warpath on the Omega Red body for sure. On a side note, am wondering if the new Hercules upper body would look good for Thunderbird. I'd poop myself if Feral or Copycat filled a slot. Surely the X-Force wave won't just be heroes. Would be nice to throw at least 1 villain in the mix like Toad, Arcade or Pyro. But I don't understand why Hasbro wouldn't include a baf. Strong Guy would be perfect. Nimrod even. Over all, 90s Domino remains my #1 want on the X-Force side.

On January 24, 2019 at 8:02 PM, monron999 said:

I love the way you think my friend. Looks like you're fairly new on these forums so you might not know I'm the biggest Strong Guy honk in these posts and I've been calling his BAF for like 3 years only to get my heart broken by Warlock, Sauron (who was an awesome BAF) and most recently and most humiliatingly, Caliban (again, WTF?). At this point I'm just cruising. Stopped hoping. Just going with the flow. I'm assuming it will be done. Some day. After Nimrod. And after Sinister. And after Gentle....and Rockslide....and Armour, Mammomax, Bonebreaker, Orphan Maker, Blockbuster, another Brood Queen, Ch'od, Sunder, Glob, a Blob redo, Leech, Squid Boy, No Girl. Then surely well get Strong Guy. We just gotta weather that storm.

I've also been pining for an updated Fantomex as well. The first one wasn't all that bad in comparison to most of what transpired during the "Dark Days" but it's time has passed and it's time to revisit one of the coolest characters since Gambit. I know he's typically portrayed with the sleeveless duster and it wouldn't be hard to do, but at this point with the upgraded arm sculpts used on Maddrox and Gambit, I wouldn't mind them going full trench coat with him. And that would even make sense as Hasbro doesn't seem to like doing straight redos, but rather alternate looks of characters they've already done. Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to maybe do a Fantomex redo as a Walgreens exclusive? With the upcoming Mystique and probably Emma Frost, this looks to be the preferred platform Hasbro is using to exorcise some ghosts of X-Men Past. Of course, if they really wanna throw us a curve ball (and impress the hell outta me in the process), the could actually do some kinda Fantomex/Dr. Nemesis swap head figure. Additionally, the all white costume would ultimately end up being an alternate look tobtge black and white version already done. Something to think about, Hasbro.

Charlie_Cluster-7_(Earth-616).jpg

3520246cfd0efbf9ff95a9ada828954e.jpg

Lol well in that case I really hope you finally get your Strong Guy baf sounds like it has been quite the wait for you. 

Honestly I'll take a Fantomex any way we can get him. I think making him a Walgreens exclusive is a brilliant way to do it and the Dr Nemesis idea you had blew my mind lol. That thought never occurred to me. I would also be ok if they went full trench coat but I would prefer they didn't. I mainly am looking for the updated gun holding hands and legs. The legs on the current one aren't as pose-able. Give me these things and I'll be happy no matter what version of costume they give us.