MAFEX Tiger Stripe Wolverine Figure From Medicom

JayC

Looks like we will be getting a comic book based MAFEX 6" Tiger-Stripe Wolverine figure soon from the folks at Medicom. Thanks to this image that surfaced online via 玩具最前線Toyzfrontline we have our first look. The figure appears to come with multiple hands, one of which includes a pair with claws as well as multiple heads. One of those seems to be an unmasked one. Stay-tuned for more details and images which will likely be released soon.

1 of 1

I really hope that is a at least one inch smaller, but either way this is the Wolverine to get. I didn't get the Mezco one and still want to get the Legends, but this will be my go to Tiger Stripe. 

I knew that they were going to make this.  They are going the same route as Kaiyodo. One or other character may differ in the release order, but they will make almost the same ones. So, Psylocke, Cyclops, and all the mutants that had the Revoltech treatment will be released. The weird thing is that  Medicom has not  showed a Cap yet. But I'm sure it will very soon. 

10 hours ago, FASVB said:

I really hope that is a at least one inch smaller, but either way this is the Wolverine to get.

The "6.3 inch" detail in the solicitation is something MAFEX includes in every figure solicitation, no matter their actual height.  They said the same thing for Gwenpool, but she turned out appropriately short (little over 5 and a half inches).  So I have no doubt this Wolverine will be appropriately scaled.

Looking better and better. 

The metallic blue is the same of Spider Man. My biggest doubt is the size. One other thing is that I think the arms should be bigger. 

1 hour ago, FASVB said:

Looking better and better. 

The metallic blue is the same of Spider Man. My biggest doubt is the size. One other thing is that I think the arms should be bigger. 

Its not bad looking but honestly I dont see much here that puts it over the top from the new Marvel Legends one other than you do get an unmasked headsculpt, but when you factor in the price difference I say the Marvel Legends one comes out on top, especially if you also have the previous Unmasked ML one.

4 hours ago, JayC said:

Its not bad looking but honestly I dont see much here that puts it over the top from the new Marvel Legends one other than you do get an unmasked headsculpt, but when you factor in the price difference I say the Marvel Legends one comes out on top, especially if you also have the previous Unmasked ML one.

I am a huge Wolverine fan so II will try to get as many figures as possible. I know that there is the price difference. The unmasked head looks way better than anything that Hasbro has ever done.  I wanted the Mezzco one and couldn't get it. That got me really sad. So this is another chance. 

And yes I intend to get the Legends one somehow. You know how things are. I have to put lots of factors in consideration when buying a figure. 

Hasbro cant make unmasked headsculpts for wolverine for S#!t! They are always ugly malformed messes. This one looks better but definitely not perfect. If I had the scratch to spare, Id choose this for sure. The masked head is definitely much better than the ML one but it just comes down to costs and what can be afforded. I like my ML version which suffices my tigerstripe needs but this one looks pretty great overall. FASVB, you at least have a higher chance of getting ML tigerstripe since its 2 per case. 

Also gotta say I love the anime aesthetic they are going for.. they even have a nod to the Capcom Vs games with that pose.. 

download.jpg

23 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Hasbro cant make unmasked headsculpts for wolverine for S#!t! They are always ugly malformed messes. This one looks better but definitely not perfect. If I had the scratch to spare, Id choose this for sure. The masked head is definitely much better than the ML one but it just comes down to costs and what can be afforded. I like my ML version which suffices my tigerstripe needs but this one looks pretty great overall. FASVB, you at least have a higher chance of getting ML tigerstripe since its 2 per case. 

Also gotta say I love the anime aesthetic they are going for.. they even have a nod to the Capcom Vs games with that pose.. 

download.jpg

I agree this unmasked headsculpt looks better than the Hasbro one but not so much so its worth the price increase.

Medicom says the figure will be around 5.7" for those wondering.

9 minutes ago, JayC said:

I agree this unmasked headsculpt looks better than the Hasbro one but not so much so its worth the price increase.

Medicom says the figure will be around 5.7" for those wondering.

Since I have limited funds, the Hasbro one will suffice for me, but if I didnt, depending on how well this scales which by what you said, might not be as preferable, I still would want to have him just not matched with my legends. I also would kind of preferred him to be "thicker". He seems a bit thin. 

I know this figure will be amazing but seeing how hasbro did a pretty decent job of the same figure so recently the extra heads arent enough for me to drop all that money on this one, Ill have to see if anyone does some head casts of this one once its out cause those are definetely better than hasbro's 

Awesome figure. I love the head sculpts (both masked and unmasked) but this is a tough one for that price without a few more accessories. The arms aren't very bulky and those claws look a little too long for him, too. You could pick up a great custom unmasked Logan head for the Marvel Legends Tiger Stripe figure for half the price and not be missing much. Especially if you already have a classic/juggernaut wave masked head without the grimace to go with it. But having this standing next to their comic book Spider-man would be pretty amazing.

ML-Xmen.jpg

I'm already contented with the Legends even without an unmasked head which I can easily pull out from a custom made or other wolvies. Legends seem to have the right bulkiness to it and color. Same thing with the Mafex Deadpool, both are great but I don't feel left out by passing on em. Spiderman might be an exception though.