Spider-Man 6" Marvel Legends Kingpin Build-A-Figure Video Review & Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Kingpin Build-A-Figure which is part of Hasbro's newest Spider-Man themed wave. The figures in the wave include Red Goblin, Modern Symbiote Spider-Man, Silver Sable, Puma, Modern Black Cat, Night Thrasher and 6-Arm Spider-Man which is the one figure in the wave with no BAF piece. You can purchase this wave from BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and let us know what you think about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-01.jpg

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-02.jpg

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-03.jpg

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-04.jpg

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-05.jpg

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-06.jpg

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-07.jpg

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-08.jpg

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-09.jpg

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-10.jpg

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-12.jpg

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-13.jpg

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-14.jpg

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-15.jpg

Kingpin-Marvel-Legends-17.jpg

So when is BBTS going to start shipping??? Its funny how Captain Marvel wave was announced later after the kingpin and black panther waves and I've got everyone of the captain marvel wave...January is almost over...I have to think that they may have had them already and just sitting on them...how are some of the YouTube reviewers showing them and they say "I want to thank BBTS for sending me this wave early"...

This is gonna be a lot of collector's favorite figure, or at least BAF of 2019. Too bad it's gonna be hard for me to get the heads since I don't really need the black suit spidey. I was gonna by the Sand-Man wave one but they're re-releasing that one with an unmasked head in a two pack with Kraven so I'll wait for that set.

Kingpin looks great but i'm not really personally into the character selection in this wave enough to justify buying 6 figs to build him.  I'm hoping he will be re-released at some point, either on his own or in a 2-pack.

Minor nitpick but his buttons are on the wrong side of his jacket, making it a ladies' coat.  Not a deal-breaker but i can't seem to unsee it.

6 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Kingpin looks great but i'm not really personally into the character selection in this wave enough to justify buying 6 figs to build him.  I'm hoping he will be re-released at some point, either on his own or in a 2-pack.

Minor nitpick but his buttons are on the wrong side of his jacket, making it a ladies' coat.  Not a deal-breaker but i can't seem to unsee it.

The characters in this wave was my problem, no interest.

I cannot believe you would point the jacket thing out. Why would you do this to other people. I could never be fully happy with Kingpin knowing this about his jacket. Why?....

29 minutes ago, BearJew said:

I cannot believe you would point the jacket thing out. Why would you do this to other people. I could never be fully happy with Kingpin knowing this about his jacket. Why?....

I agree. Bro the jacket thing will kill it for me. Nookooo

14 hours ago, BearJew said:

I cannot believe you would point the jacket thing out. Why would you do this to other people. I could never be fully happy with Kingpin knowing this about his jacket. Why?....

13 hours ago, Jboom said:

I agree. Bro the jacket thing will kill it for me. Nookooo

Heh. Yeah i know, making a mountain out of a mole hill.  Someone pointed it out in a comment on another side and as mentioned i can't seem to unsee it now. Still a great looking BAF overall.  I'm not sure if it was just a case of the sculptor not knowing, momentarily forgetting, or maybe they originally planned to have the jacket buttoned up, in which case the buttons would be in the right spot.  Or maybe  they plan on reusing the torso for a Big Bertha figure wearing a jacket. Or they just assumed that only a handful of fussy weirdos such as myself would notice or care, lol.

Gotta agree that character selection is weak for my considerations, but I am looking forward to that Red Goblin. Even if it’s mostly reused previous sculpts, I love what they were able to pull off with the design. Besides the minor gripes already mentioned, this is amazing Kingpin. Love the size, design, and sculpt. Really conveys his power and intimidation.

18 hours ago, GojiBill said:

Hasbro’s marketing strategy is on point, someone there knows what they’re doing.

Gotta agree with all of you, Hasbro knows all too well what BAF to add in each wave, it seems for the most part when a wave is sort of disapointing in its figures, the BAF is a must have, and on the other end then when a wave is full of great figures (like the upcoming x-men wave) the BAF is either disapointing or just ok.

I can see Kingping being rereleased 2020 as an exclusive single figure like they did with Groot and comic Thanos before, with a black suit that time around maybe  

Yea this wave wasn't exactly impressive, but the Kingpin BAF is a must. Its really cool to get a Silver Sable, Night Thrasher, Red Goblin, and Puma, but I those are all pretty obscure characters so they shouldn't compose a whole wave. There isn't really a figure that is a solid popular character aside from Kingpin himself. Most people won't even recognize most of this wave. I definitely like this wave, but its underwhelming compared to what we have seen in the past.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...