Marvel Legends 2 Packs you want.

FigurePatrol

So I was thinking about the Marvel Legends "army builder" two packs and came up with a few I would like to see and wanted to see what you guys come up with.

Here are some more obvious ones.

- Hellfire Club soldiers. 

- Purifiers

Then here are some more obscure ones perhaps.

- Ultron army

- Prime Sentinels

Would love to hear other ideas!

Acolytes

Genoshan magistrates

Madrox/Multiple Man dupes (or, even better, the Madri from Age of Apocalypse)

Phalanx

Shi'ar soldiers

Seriously, though, if they just put out a pack of two copies of last year's Multiple Man rereleased, with no BAF and a few additional head choices, I'd be in for a few of them.

I really like what hasbro are doing with their non-MCU/Army Builder sets, where they take famous story or cover and make a 2-pack out of that. Take the Dark Phoenix 2-pack (obviously based on the cover where Cyclops is holding Jean), The Kraven's Last Hunt 2-pack (self explained), The Supreme Leader and Armin Zola (Secret Empire), Ultimate Spider-Man and Vulture (Ultimate Spider-man), Klaw and Shuri (Black Panther), Ant-man and Stinger (Astonishing Ant-man) and the ANAD Spider-man and MJ (ANAD Spider-man).

so when I thought of that these are the storylines I want done:

1. Avengers Under Siege:
    1. a21b3635b440ea2437d8629bae2acdfe.jpg  (Classic Cap and Baron Zemo)
  2. Power man and Iron Fist:
    1.  250px-Power_Man_and_Iron_Fist_50th_Issue (Classic outfits)
  3. Captain Britain:
    1.  220px-Captbrit.jpg (Classic Britain and Megan)
  4. Young Avengers:
    1.  10-real-avengers-storylines_470705.jpg (Kang vs Iron Lad)
  5. Thor VS Hercules
    1.  723456._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Hand Ninjas - red and white

Shield Agents - male and female ; 2 or 3 extra heads for each.

X-Men 90s training suits - male and female ; 2 or 3 extra heads for each

I'd say Hellfire Club goons but I really think that would take a slot in a X-Men wave rather. Just don't see Hasbro making a 2pack with 2 of the same figures in there. Maybe split it up like a Hellfire goon and a brood alien or something.

17 hours ago, Benn said:

Acolytes

Genoshan magistrates

Madrox/Multiple Man dupes (or, even better, the Madri from Age of Apocalypse)

Phalanx

Shi'ar soldiers

Seriously, though, if they just put out a pack of two copies of last year's Multiple Man rereleased, with no BAF and a few additional head choices, I'd be in for a few of them.

The Acolytes would be amazing, especially if we get a classic Magneto to pair with them.

I'm partial to a Famous Couples (a la Toybiz) return.

Hasbro's already done a Spidey + MJ; Cyclops + Dark Phoenix.

This would be a good way to come out with a Gwen Stacy. An Aunt May. A Moira MacTaggert. A Trish Tilby. An Uncle Ben.

Perhaps not part of a Famous Couple but I would also like to get a Senator Kelly.

I'd be up for more couples two packs, or maybe treat it as a hero and a civilian character pack.  

Maybe this way we could even get a civilian Peter Parker.

I'd also like to see maybe a Justice and Firestar two pack and a classic Nova and Namorita two pack, really feeling the New Warriors vibe now that Night Thrasher is out.  

And while not a "couple" I'd like to see a classic Moon Knight with Frenchie.

Also, wouldn't say no to a return to the "Face-Off" style of two packs, heroes vs. their arch enemy, mainly so that I could get Moon Knight vs. Bushman or Black Spectre.

My list above was specifically addressing the OP's inquiry about army builders, but I'd love to see more two-pack variety too. There's plenty of potential for great buddy/couple packs:

Banshee & Emma Frost

Fantomex & Psylocke

Magik & Shadowcat

Mirage & Wolfsbane

Nightcrawler & Wolverine

And a whole slew of great Age of Apocalypse possibilities too:

Cyclops & Havok

Colossus & Kitty Pryde

Jean Grey & Weapon X

Magneto & Rogue

Sabretooth & Wild Child

10 hours ago, greenlucario said:

I'd be up for more couples two packs, or maybe treat it as a hero and a civilian character pack.  

Maybe this way we could even get a civilian Peter Parker.

I'd also like to see maybe a Justice and Firestar two pack and a classic Nova and Namorita two pack, really feeling the New Warriors vibe now that Night Thrasher is out.  

And while not a "couple" I'd like to see a classic Moon Knight with Frenchie.

Also, wouldn't say no to a return to the "Face-Off" style of two packs, heroes vs. their arch enemy, mainly so that I could get Moon Knight vs. Bushman or Black Spectre.

You're spot on wiht a few of these! one, I'd love to see an Original New Warriors SDCC box set....with Justice / Firestar....Nova / Namorita.........Night Thrasher re-issue, (e.g. no helmet version) and Speedball........and along those lines? 'ditto for Thunderbolts. Seeing Citizen V and knowing Songbird is already out? Moonstone & FIxer, Mach-1 and a Songbird reissue, maybe Atlas as a build-a -figure? and you can swap in heads for their less-Legal identites!! .....I swear, there's a nostalgia market for sets like this, I hope Night Thrasher sales bear that out.

On 1/30/2019 at 8:54 PM, galahad33 said:

You're spot on wiht a few of these! one, I'd love to see an Original New Warriors SDCC box set....with Justice / Firestar....Nova / Namorita.........Night Thrasher re-issue, (e.g. no helmet version) and Speedball........and along those lines? 'ditto for Thunderbolts. Seeing Citizen V and knowing Songbird is already out? Moonstone & FIxer, Mach-1 and a Songbird reissue, maybe Atlas as a build-a -figure? and you can swap in heads for their less-Legal identites!! .....I swear, there's a nostalgia market for sets like this, I hope Night Thrasher sales bear that out.

Even better idea, I'd be down for either of those SDCC box sets.  I couldn't think of anyone to pair with Speedball, kind of figured he'd make it out in a Spidey wave.

Putting asside the soldier 2 packs like hellfire club, shield agents, etc, etc.. I'd like to see the following sets

Famous Couples:
- Classic Gwen Stacy & Classic Spidey (either Romita Jr or Steve Ditko style)
- Havok & Polaris (90´s Costumes)
- Classic Colossus & Shadowcat (light blue puffy shirt costume)
- Lilandra & Professor X (posibly that way we could get a helmetless lilandra whose body we could use for the upcoming head included in the mystique figure, Professor X could be a simple repaint or one with his space suit)

Other 2 Packs:
- Crystal & Lockjaw (technicaly could be a riders set)
- Civilian Peter (please dont use the suited body) & J.Jonah Jameson (MCU Ulysees Klaue with new lower arms)
- Captain America (maybe replace cap with classic falcon or bucky or someone that has something to do with US Agent) vs US Agent (just to get a US Agent with the bigger Wolf Cap buck)
- Classic Dr. Strange Vs Baron Mordo 
- Classic or Modular Armor Ironman vs Mandarin (comic versions, and new molds for either IM armors)

I also have a couple ideas on some 3 packs

- Spiderman & Friends (Cartoon inspired spiderman, Iceman and Firestar)

- X-Force 3 pack (update of the sdcc pack, with both wolverine and psylocke newer molds, that way they wouldnt take the space from a regular wave)

- Brothehood of evil mutants vol.2 3 pack (Avalanche, Toad & Pyro) since its rumored that we might get a pack that has Magneto, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch

On 1/30/2019 at 7:37 PM, Benn said:

And a whole slew of great Age of Apocalypse possibilities too:

Cyclops & Havok
Colossus & Kitty Pryde
Jean Grey & Weapon X
Magneto & Rogue
Sabretooth & Wild Child

I like your Idea, Hasbro needs to make more Age of Apocalypse figures, but Id rather get a whole AOA Wave (or two), that had bigger characters as their BAFs like Apocalypse, Sugar man or Holocaust/Nemesis 

For couples:

• Dazzler & Longshot (80's Dazzler brown Jacket & modern Longshot)
  • Emma & Banshee
  • Nightcrawler & Rachel (Excalibur)
  • Firestar & Justice
  • Punisher & Rachel Cole-Alves (use the bearded Castle & ski-mask head w/ alt ski mask for rachel)
  • She-Hulk & Man-Wolf

Army Builders:

• Sunspot & Cannonball (generic X-uniforms & random X-character heads)
  • Rahne & Magma (ditto)
  • Sebastian Shaw & Selene (heads for Leland & Jean, AND Morlun)
  • Hammerhead & Random Goon (fodder & suited fodder)

Face Off

• Blade & Dracula (modern Dracula)
  • Corsair & Vulcan
  • Iron Man & Mandarin (modular armor & classic Mandarin)
  • Cap & Red Skull (dare I say it CLASSIC chain/scale mail & classic Skull using that Starlord/GR/AIM)
  • Hulk & Thunderbolt Ross
  • Hulk & Zzzax
  • Thor & Laufey
  • Strange & Baron Mordo (classic)

Misc

• Northstar & Aurora
  • Clay Quartermain & Quake

19 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Even better idea, I'd be down for either of those SDCC box sets.  I couldn't think of anyone to pair with Speedball, kind of figured he'd make it out in a Spidey wave.

Agreed, Speedball is a natural for a Spidey wave. It just kills me they're doing one-off's (Songbird here, Citizen V there...... Night Thrasher now, etc.) I want sets!..because I'm in my 40's and nostalgic, with more disposable income than when I was a kid lol

I always love these discussions! :happy:

• Classic Kree Soldiers (Captain & Private, or Captain & Colonel)
  • Classic Skrulls
  • Doom Bots
  • Hellfire soldiers
  • Badoon soldiers 

I love the Couples idea too!

• Absorbing Man & Titania (maybe give AM black pants and a regular torso)
  • Volcana & Absorbing Man
  • Classic Doctor Strange & Clea
  • Ikaris & Sersi
  • Classic Mantis & Swordsman

Dynamic Duos...

• Classic Power Man & Iron Fist 
  • Northstar & Aurora
  • Hammer and Anvil
  • Mar-Vell & Rick Jones
  • Classic Warlock & Pip the Troll

Now that the 80 anniversary are more or less confirmed I kinda want some Evolution sets.

1. First Appearance Spider-man and Iron Spider
  2. Grey Hulk and Immortal Hulk
  3. MKI Iron Man and Extremis Iron Man
  4. First Appearance Captain America and Hail Hydra Cap
  5. Classic Thor and Legacy Thor
  6. First Appearance Cyclops (teen build) and Phoenix Five Cyclops (Bucky build)
  7. First Appearance Marvel Girl(Teen Build) and White Phoenix (repaint of Green Phoenix)
  8. First Appearance Beast (re-release) and Astonishing Cat Beast
  9. First Appearance Iceman (Snowman) and Jim Lee Ice Man
  10. First Appearance Angel (teen Build) and X-force Angel
  11. Yellow Daredevil and Shadowland DD
  12. First Appearance Thing and Walgreens re-release in Future Foundation colors (same for the rest of the F4)

I could go on but then it would be a veeeerrrrryyyyy long list.

I feel like Hasbro is missing out on a very good sublet of the main line by not doing more comic style 2 packs. Of course, they're serving up a generous helping of MCU 2 packs right now with some hit or miss success. I'm not gonna hate on MCU figures as a whole, just their choices of characters they used. But, if they could focus on comic 2 packs for a bit I think it could be a way to do the update on older "Dark Days" figures or alternate costume that are in demand while introducing a new figure. Of course the figures would have some type of tie in (family, couples, arch enemies, etc.) Some suggested arrangements are as follows.

1. Longshot (new) & Dazzled (blue costume)

2. Cap Britain (classic look) & Meghan (new)

3. Scarlet Witch (modern look) & Quicksilver (new/update)

4. Mystique (updated black outfit) & Nightcrawler (new)

5. Banished (updated) & Siryn (new)

6. Yellowjacket (update) & Stature (new)

7. Northstar & Aurora (both new but on very simple bucks)

Etc.......

On 2/2/2019 at 2:04 PM, galahad33 said:

Agreed, Speedball is a natural for a Spidey wave. It just kills me they're doing one-off's (Songbird here, Citizen V there...... Night Thrasher now, etc.) I want sets!..because I'm in my 40's and nostalgic, with more disposable income than when I was a kid lol

I like your SDCC idea, I'd easily put down for either a Thunderbolts (90s) or New Warriors box set.  The trickling out thing is very trying to wait out.

6 hours ago, greenlucario said:

I like your SDCC idea, I'd easily put down for either a Thunderbolts (90s) or New Warriors box set.  The trickling out thing is very trying to wait out.

I've been cheerleading for a New Warriors or Alpha Flight SDCC or EE box set for the last few years and I'd love for this to be the year either of them happens. After last year's "Three People & Daredevil in a Railcar" box set trainwreck (pun intended) just in time for 3 of those shows to be cancelled, I'm hoping they're returning to their typically comic roots. That being said I'm predicting it will actually be some type of villains set with the Kingpin (most likely in a black suit) as the centerpiece and some easily made villains using existing molds (Rose, Owl, Jigsaw, Lady Bullseye, etc). With many of us buying a 2nd Spider-Man Kingpin wave to build a Shadow King I think a lot of use would be chomping at the bit to get a Kingpin buck in a different color to further distinguish the two characters from each other. Just something to think about Hasbro. There's still time to spare us from the kinda heart break we endured last year. I'm pretty certain I wasn't the only one to pass on the first SDCC exclusive in many years. On the other hand it was kinda liberating to not have to stress out about trying catch them at HTS before they sold out. I'm pretty sure they're giving them out with every purchase over $10 at this point.

18 hours ago, monron999 said:

I've been cheerleading for a New Warriors or Alpha Flight SDCC or EE box set for the last few years and I'd love for this to be the year either of them happens. After last year's "Three People & Daredevil in a Railcar" box set trainwreck (pun intended) just in time for 3 of those shows to be cancelled, I'm hoping they're returning to their typically comic roots. That being said I'm predicting it will actually be some type of villains set with the Kingpin (most likely in a black suit) as the centerpiece and some easily made villains using existing molds (Rose, Owl, Jigsaw, Lady Bullseye, etc). With many of us buying a 2nd Spider-Man Kingpin wave to build a Shadow King I think a lot of use would be chomping at the bit to get a Kingpin buck in a different color to further distinguish the two characters from each other. Just something to think about Hasbro. There's still time to spare us from the kinda heart break we endured last year. I'm pretty certain I wasn't the only one to pass on the first SDCC exclusive in many years. On the other hand it was kinda liberating to not have to stress out about trying catch them at HTS before they sold out. I'm pretty sure they're giving them out with every purchase over $10 at this point.

Definitely not the first to pass on the SDCC set from last year.  A villains box sounds excellent as well.  I'd definitely like another shot at Kingpin without shelling out for him on ebay, because right now I'm not sure I could decide whether to display him as Kingpin or swap on that upcoming Shadow King head.

• 2 weeks later...

Some 2-pack ideas

1. Doctor Strange and Clea

2. Adam Warlock and Gamora (classic Starlin costumes)

3. Yellowjacket (Hank Pym) and Wasp (yellow and blue look from the Stern/Buscema era)

4. She-Hulk (with interchangeable heads, one "savage" and one "sensational/smiling")j and Titania

3-pack

1. Warriors Three: Fandrall, Hogun, and Volstagg

2. Marvel horror: Dracula (classic), Werewolf by Night, and Monster of Frankenstein

Build-a-Figure

1. Annihilus

Deluxe/Rider

1. M.O.D.O.K.