Marvel Legends and the aftermarket.

Gerard

I really want Hasbro to reproduce and sell figures again with decent prices like they are going to do with Mysterio.

Crazy to see him over $40 on the aftermarket.  I was just about to buy him when I heard the news that in a few months he was going to be available again.

I hope they continue this trend and not just because of the new Spider-man movie. Way to go Hasbro!! You show those ebay bullies how it's done.:wink:

Where did you hear they are making mysterio available again? just curious - i somehow managed to get him at hasbro toy shop during one of the brief intervals he was available (never saw him in the wild though).

I agree in general. potentially the x-men vintage wave might give us a 2nd shot at figs like Jim Lee Cyclops, in the same way it gave people a chance to grab pizza spidey and the orange.brown costume wolverine.  it was great to see archangel come out again, and also i like seeing sdcc exclusives being re-released a few years later (although it seems like guys like Gladiator and Malekith pegwarmed hard).

While Hasbro has nowhere near the distribution problems that Mattel's DC Multiverse line, it does seem increasingly hard to predict which local retailers will end up getting which waves (aside from movie related waves) and its getting harder to find individual figs available at msrp online (again, movie waves being somewhat exceptional).

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Where did you hear they are making mysterio available again? just curious - i somehow managed to get him at hasbro toy shop during one of the brief intervals he was available (never saw him in the wild though).

I saw a blurb about it here: http://marveltoynews.com/spider-man-marvel-legends-lizard-series-order-2018/

I'd definitely like to see them re-release older & hard-to-find figures.  Sure, the exact single figure with corresponding BAF would be helpful for those who need both like they're doing with Mysterio and Spider-Noir. IMO I think a re-release with tweaks like Scarlet Spider either in the vintage line or even in a new wave would be fine.

I'm also open for re-releases to be in the form of a 2pk. For my example I'll use one I need, Jim Lee version Rogue. I think they could absolutely re-release Rogue in a 2pk & she'll sell it well. She could be paired up with another figure like a tweaked Iceman for instance that has the smooth head looking closer to his Jim Lee version.

On 1/30/2019 at 5:20 PM, bashpics99 said:

He's up on BBTS and EE (I think) for a February or March re-stock if memory serves.

On 2/4/2019 at 7:51 AM, monron999 said:

If that's true it would be a brilliant move on Hasbro's part and an ingenious way to cut out the scalpers and parts swappers as I'm assuming they won't have a BAF piece. Hasbro would gain some serious respect points from me.

Based on all of the solicitation images, it looks like they will be straight-up re-issues, with the BAF pieces. I'm cool with them doing that for e-tailers, and/or doing some "greatest hits" waves of high-demand figures. I'd prefer improved updates (like giving Spidey Noir some interchangeable hands and a removable hat), but I know straight re-issues are cheaper and easier for Hasbro to do.